Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anything GOOD on around Sussex today?

Jul 7, 2003
It's a great idea but needs support. In their own words:

"Our current confirmed line up is...

VICE PUDDINGS
Brazilian corn pancakes, with bacon and dulce de leche caramel
Pain Perdu (luxury egg & cream brioche, served with orange or caramel)
Marvellous Morning Muffins
Fruit & Seed Flapjack
Bacon cornbread

SALSA VIVA
Brunch Burritos
Huevos Rancheros

NIC & BEN
Old school breakfast rolls (bacon / sausage)

THE REAL COFFEE MAN
Cappucini, Americano, Teas

LIVE MUSIC
The Liaison Trio playing smooth jazz
Johnny Zero with some chilled swing tunes

KIDS
Activity Inflatables and Rides from Nic & Ben
Some balloon animals may make an appearance!

Yes, I know it doesn't sound like much, but these events are meant to be relaxed and quite low key... an opportunity to try a DIFFERENT kind of breakfast in a breathtaking location.
These events are a balancing act between getting enough vendors to attract a big enough crowd and getting a big enough crowd to make it cost-effective for vendors! Let's see if we can get a decent crowd along on Sunday morning to show faith in these fantastic food producers and give others the confidence to come and join them... THAT'S how this beautiful thing will grow..."

(They also run SunDowners on the second Saturday of the month, 2:30 - 9:30. The next is on 11th July.)

Didn't know about SunUppers - might pop along for a bite to eat before taking the kids to the Minion Movie

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No ! Civilian clothed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[SUB][/SUB]
Stand n Fall t-shirt?
Father of lad super excited about a dogfish skeleton?

'Stand or Fall' is so unlucky we had to leave before one of your kids drowned in the spray.

Thanks for the heads up, a simple pleasure at what might prove to be the best part of the day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[SUB][/SUB]
Father of lad super excited about a dogfish skeleton?

'Stand or Fall' is so unlucky we had to leave before one of your kids drowned in the spray.

Thanks for the heads up, a simple pleasure at what might prove to be the best part of the day.

Yep!

I was in blue, [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] was in red. If that all sounds a bit Palace, it got even worse when we were joined by some other friends, one of whom was wearing a Palace shirt. Oh the shame...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for bringing this to my attention ! Love salsa viva and they hadn't advertised this. Sat down there in the gorgeous sun now

There was one hell of a wait for the burritos from them, but it was worth it. Very good and very BIG!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was one hell of a wait for the burritos from them, but it was worth it. Very good and very BIG!

Yep they said 20 minutes but probably closer to 30, but well worth it. Big fans of theirs, last summer they did a few 'guest kitchens' at the Wandering Goose on a Sunday.

The coffee van was the guy that sits outside Goring station too. Decent enough coffee, but shame he doesn't seem to differentiate between a latte and flat white (coffee snob here..) but very pleasant. Will look to support the event as made a nice change, and meant the missus got her hungover head out of the house before mid-day which makes a change..!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's my annual 'We're short could you turn out for us' match for my old Cricket team. So that's pure comic value for the folk of Ditchling today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep!

I was in blue, [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] was in red. If that all sounds a bit Palace, it got even worse when we were joined by some other friends, one of whom was wearing a Palace shirt. Oh the shame...
The little fella did make me smile.
He gave the impression everything he saw was 'the greatest thing ever'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will look to support the event as made a nice change, and meant the missus got her hungover head out of the house before mid-day which makes a change..!

Agreed - needs support to keep it going. We'll try to make the SunDowners one on the 11th July too - I think they have a bar for the evening one.

The little fella did make me smile.
He gave the impression everything he saw was 'the greatest thing ever'.

That's a pretty good summary of him, yes! His Mum is a diver and he's always been massively into marine life. That dogfish came home with us.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is what it looked like before the clouds rolled in

11391777_10153523705738755_6358439468997690778_n.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
I was down there at 10:45 and didn't spot Papa Lazarou (the only one of you lot I know in person). We enjoyed the Brazilian pancakes with bacon and dulche de leche before heading off to the Connaught. Was a lovely morning and seemed to be a fair few people around Splash Point. Would definitely go back again.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was down there at 10:45 and didn't spot Papa Lazarou (the only one of you lot I know in person). We enjoyed the Brazilian pancakes with bacon and dulche de leche before heading off to the Connaught. Was a lovely morning and seemed to be a fair few people around Splash Point. Would definitely go back again.

I was alternating between sitting on the sea wall by the water fountain thing and buying food and drink, so we must have missed each other.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Amazingly good gig at the Southern Pavilion tonight - Texan guitar maestro Hamilton Loomis supported by Sussex band Red Butler.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep they said 20 minutes but probably closer to 30, but well worth it. Big fans of theirs, last summer they did a few 'guest kitchens' at the Wandering Goose on a Sunday.

There was some sort of Worthing food festival thing on this weekend along the seafront around the pier as well as that building (Worthing Pavilion?) at the land end of the pier. We caught the end of it this afternoon and, once again, indulged in a Salsa Viva burrito. It was absolutely enormous and very good again, including some sort of pineapple salsa that was decent.

A reminder for Worthing folk of next Saturday's Sundowners at Splash Point: https://www.facebook.com/SundownersWorthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here