Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are Brighton

I am a big fan of the WAB guys.

They are very good writers and churn out some excellent content on a regular basis, as evidenced by their nomination for a (National) Football Blogging Award.

They can be a bit arsey when they've had a few and some of their tweets have been a bit near the bone. Most of the time though, they are just saying what the rest of us are thinking and are prepared to put their heads above the parapet.

Proper fans and good blokes - long may it continue.

All of this.

Great guys, not at all surprised the self righteous on here don't like it/them.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
But you're not comparing like-for-like.

Other than the abject failure when he tried his hand at a big club, Zaha has been with you throughout his development. Tweets from Zaha at the same age as those from Duffy would have come from him as a Palace squad member / employee.

Zaha was young at Man U and Moyes did not help. Ferguson spotted something in him but obviously he doesn't know anything. I'm pleased it didn't work out at Man U as he wouldn't be with us otehrwise. Let's be honest, he is better than anyone you have and without him we would have gone down last year.

Selecting one of your players at random, the Shane Duffy incident would be more like Patrick van Aanholt tweeting something when he was at Wigan in 2011. He then moved to Sunderland (Duffy: Blackburn) before moving to Palace (Duffy: Brighton).

So, let's turn this round, what would you expect Palace to do/say about something van Aanholt did when considerably younger at Wigan?

As I've said, I'm surprised that the Albion have not made a statement of any kind about this, but I also know that most/all football clubs are somewhat hypocritical with how they treat fans and players. There's no way the Albion, Palace or any similar club would be sacking a £10m player (or whatever he is worth) and telling him to go and find another job right now. It would be commercial suicide. That's not to say I personally think Duffy should be sacked, but I'm trying to guess at where your faux outrage is pretending your expectation lies here.

Firstly I'm not outraged at all. But I'm surprised that some of the permanently outraged on here are willing to just put it down to his age, or whatever other reason they can find to negate what he tweeted. ALL Premier league clubs are hypocrites and money is all that matters. But surely this shows that fans are hypocrites as well. Anyone who shows homophobia towards Brighton fan's receive absolute pelters on here, I'm just surprised that Duffy is not receiving the same level of criticism. I just think it's hypocritical, but no doubt tabs just because I'm a bitter Crystal Palace fan etc. I also agree with you about your club not even making a statement about it. No doubt someone will now mention something that Palace should have done when they never, let me just add that funnily enough I have no control over that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly I'm not outraged at all. But I'm surprised that some of the permanently outraged on here are willing to just put it down to his age, or whatever other reason they can find to negate what he tweeted. ALL Premier league clubs are hypocrites and money is all that matters. But surely this shows that fans are hypocrites as well. Anyone who shows homophobia towards Brighton fan's receive absolute pelters on here, I'm just surprised that Duffy is not receiving the same level of criticism. I just think it's hypocritical, but no doubt tabs just because I'm a bitter Crystal Palace fan etc. I also agree with you about your club not even making a statement about it. No doubt someone will now mention something that Palace should have done when they never, let me just add that funnily enough I have no control over that.

You've not answered the question, although I appreciate it's convenient to avoid it. Presumably you think your own club generally works decently (I'm not suggesting otherwise) - so what would you expect Palace to do/say if this exact scenario happened with one of your players 6 or 7 years and 2 clubs ago?

Fans are absolutely hypocritical, at least some of them. Many will be outraged by diving and cheating by players of other clubs, but turn a blind eye when their own players do similar (note: this is not a Zaha jibe, I'm talking about across football far more broadly).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Football Blogging Awards?

No disrespect to anyone, but I'm not sure those awards are indicative of anything at all, and I say that with NSC having been shortlisted on several occasions before. Mr and Mrs [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] seemed to have a good night when they went representing NSC though.

We did indeed!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You've not answered the question, although I appreciate it's convenient to avoid it. Presumably you think your own club generally works decently (I'm not suggesting otherwise) - so what would you expect Palace to do/say if this exact scenario happened with one of your players 6 or 7 years and 2 clubs ago?

Fans are absolutely hypocritical, at least some of them. Many will be outraged by diving and cheating by players of other clubs, but turn a blind eye when their own players do similar (note: this is not a Zaha jibe, I'm talking about across football far more broadly).

I'm not sure how I have avoided the question at all. I have said I'm surprised that Brighton have not made a statement condemning him. In an ideal world there would be a zero tolerance approach, but if any club made a stand then that player would just walk into another club with a big fat signing on fee as he was a free agent. I would at least expect Palace to make a statement but I don't always agree with how we do things either. Clubs in the Premier league care only about protecting the Premier brand as that where the money comes from.
A lot of Brighton fans seem to be dismissing the Duffy tweet and making excuses for it, it just seems hypocritical. But I'm sure I am wrong of course.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh what a witty riposte. Judging by your picture mate, you really should not be shouting much when you talk about inbreeding.

partridge shrug.gif

Partridge rude.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Many will be outraged by diving and cheating by players of other clubs, but turn a blind eye when their own players do similar
What, like when Benteke played for Liverpool and dived against them - they wanted him banned from football, and then they bought him?

D

Deleted User X18H

It is a rare time that I find myself agreeing with Sir Timmy, but this is one of them.

I am prepared to reprise Al and Malcolm on a one off basis if Chapman is up for it. Don’t half hurt your throat though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wonder what would happen if someone found a homophobic tweet from Zaha from six years ago. I'm sure you would all be so forgiving then.

I'd be pretty gob smacked if Haha could actually string a sentence together on Twitter, given the inbred club he plays for.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Screenshot_20180527-211354.png

Can't the pratt be banned again?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-You-re-just-a-shit-Crystal-Palace-quot/page6

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's not often I laugh at you an this is one of those times.

Don't mess with [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]

In fact, begone you weasel. Begone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here