Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want relegated

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Saints and Swansea, they both sold their best players to a big 6 side and have struggled to deal with it. If only for a warning message to Bloom to not sell our best, survival is worth £100m+ and selling a player for £40m+ isn't a great idea if it ruins the team

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Stoke. I’m also hoping that other shit hole Burnley go down next season. Can’t say I’m fussed about the rest

Qualifying for the Europa League often derails a teams domestic campaign. It would be a big ask to go from 7th to relegation but it could happen

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Saints and Swansea, they both sold their best players to a big 6 side and have struggled to deal with it. If only for a warning message to Bloom to not sell our best, survival is worth £100m+ and selling a player for £40m+ isn't a great idea if it ruins the team

I think that is a simplification of what has happened to the 2 clubs. As an example, not selling VVD has probably had a more detrimental impact than fighting to hang onto him. Should we or world we stand in the way of a £40m+ offer for Dunk, if he could go onto Champions League glory, go for the league title, and be more likely to gain international honours?

Liverpool have spent £100m on 2 centre halves from Southampton in 2 years. They replaced them with £15m on Hoedt, £5m on Bednarek this season but didn't buy a centre half 16/17. Their position isn't through selling their best players, their position is through trying to bank the profits.

It is a really careful balance. We can all demand loyalty, but VVD is now going to appear in a Champions League final and in retrospect Southampton should have sold him in the summer and used a decent portion of the £70m to strengthen.

The warning message is player unrest is not a price worth paying if a player has a genuine chance to advance their career, and you gain a transfer you can fully reinvest.

You could argue that if Stoke, West Brom and Southampton go down, they have all stood steadfast in holding onto players in sagas that have clearly led to disharmony and negativity in the dressing room. If you get £40m+ for a player, just make sure you spend it to strengthen.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I fancy Swansea to beat Stains, 'Udders to go hopefully

View attachment 96681

I think the Swansea Southampton game has got a draw written all over it. Swansea will then go flat out to beat Stoke at home. Confident that Stains won't get 3 points off Man City. Hudders to get something off Arsenal. It's good bye Southampton. :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Huddersfield without a doubt.

Getting through the playoff final in the way they did was utterly cynical. They weren't good enough to go up but managed it via penalties in the most boring game I've ever watched.

They have done really well to beat some of the teams they have...at the start of this campaign they were flying but very soon they were found out.

I also can't stand that sinister looking bald freak Mooy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Qualifying for the Europa League often derails a teams domestic campaign. It would be a big ask to go from 7th to relegation but it could happen

You say this but Saints, West Ham and West Brom were 8th, 10th and 11th last season and now all are flirting with relegation. Saints and West Ham were 6th and 7th the previous season. Stoke were 9th. If not next season then the season after.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Stoke. I’m also hoping that other shit hole Burnley go down next season. Can’t say I’m fussed about the rest

Don't blame you....the majority of Burnley fans would also rather have less London and southern clubs in the PL.

Even though the North West already holds the balance of PL power with 5 teams in the top 8.

Be good if Preston could go up via play-offs.:)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
NO NO NO, Despicable man !
Shaquiri on the other hand [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brighton won’t be cherry picking from the 3 relegated clubs.

Any manager/scout in the world can see who their best players are, from wall to wall PL TV coverage. Also meaning that the selling clubs will get large fees and the players will get £100k a week contracts.

Instead Winstanley will carry on with his under the radar methods.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Saints, all day, for the third spot.

A) because i don’t like them
B) because if Swansea stay up they are well set to go down next season, unlike saints

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can’t stop watching the Everton goal today, one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on a football pitch!

And Mark Hughes is moaning after, WHAT A SURPRISE! And what about that extra 2.5 hours rest Swansea have had?! Poor old Sparky!

Bertrand was an idiot and he cost me £26.50. Players like him make betting a mug's game, Forest nearly mucked up £27.50 as well.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the Swansea Southampton game has got a draw written all over it. Swansea will then go flat out to beat Stoke at home. Confident that Stains won't get 3 points off Man City. Hudders to get something off Arsenal. It's good bye Southampton. :)

Draw is 11/5. Swansea (H) is must not lose for Swansea. If Southampton win, then the exciting scenario would be Swans 3 Stoke 0, So'ton 0 Man City 7 with So'ton getting a last minute penalty to lose 1-7 if they score and survive.

This assumes Huddersfield draw with Arsenal

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brighton won’t be cherry picking from the 3 relegated clubs.

Any manager/scout in the world can see who their best players are, from wall to wall PL TV coverage. Also meaning that the selling clubs will get large fees and the players will get £100k a week contracts.

Instead Winstanley will carry on with his under the radar methods.

Has worked pretty well for us so far..........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Superb result for hudds, but they are not out of the woods yet. Still think it will be West Brom and Swansea, but Southampton vs Swansea is the ultimate 6 pointer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here