Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poor support when we needed it most

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There was one spectacular 'roar' that seemed that seemed to emanate from the West in the second (?) half. It was brief, but boy was it loud!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Thought our support today was reactive rather than proactive. When “come on Brighton” is your loudest chant you’re not backing the players.

For the first 5 mins the players were fantastic and so were we but after that Hudds were louder more often.

Two split groups in the North competing with each other yet again. WSU not joining in often enough. And, to be fair, the players making mistake after mistake just as we got going.

Before you ask I’m back of WSU North End. Personal tally = Songs started 3, other people’s songs taken up 2, songs joined in with all. Still too quiet for me where I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also WSU right at the back at the North End - and I didn't think it was that bad Saturday. Don't get me wrong we have heard/seen better - but I have experienced much, much worse levels of noise at The Amex than the Hudds game.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
There were too moan 'groan' moments, I'm not sure a positive atmos can take many 'groan' hits. I thought Huddersfield lived up to their name, they were like terriers in midfield and caused many of our mis-passes. With Duffy's 'assist', and occasions like March seemingly tripping himself up when approaching the box, it just seemed like one of those bad days at the office. I was thankful for a point in the end.

Jan 30, 2008
The Amex is a nice ground and all that but not designed with any thought whatsoever in helping to create an atmosphere. The Northstand is too small and too far from the away fans. The West upper should not be relied on for atmosphere as its miles from the pitch and cut off by 3000 prawn sandwich munchers. Forget the East (I was in it Saturday). Even Sussex by the sea is very disappointing as most just clap along and quietly mumble the words.
it's finished mate , the quality of the punters is shocking, WSL was ok when it opened, to many happy clappers as you say.
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And the players didn't let US down with a totally inept performance lacking any drive or determination and strewn with errors?

It’s a circular argument but I personally believe the players give more in a better atmosphere because they’ve said so themselves. Certainly when I run I vastly prefer noisy, well attended races to the one man and a dog ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here