Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course there would have been an Albion, albeit at a lower level.
We had this scenario twice with the miss management of our club.
Whatever league you would have been in,Bloom would still have invested in you.

:ffsparr::facepalm:punish::wozza::nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

If we had lost to Hereford on that day and gone down we would have gone out of business, none of this 2p in the pound bullshit and start up again where you were with just a 10 point deficit. Would we have done a Wimbledon, possibly, but why would Tony Bloom put money into a club in the Southern league.

Your clubs mismanagement, as you say cost, your club nothing, what did your fans do to save your club them times, nothing they sat back and said "oh no we have minus 10 points boo hoo" Thanks to a number of our fans we have a club today playing at the top table, sadly some of those fans who helped save the club are no longer here to see what they could only dream of 20 years ago.

So in summary, you haven't got a ****ing clue about how we have got where we are today

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why is this idiot Se20 permitted to post here ?

Bizarre.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If we had lost to Hereford on that day and gone down we would have gone out of business, none of this 2p in the pound bullshit and start up again where you were with just a 10 point deficit. Would we have done a Wimbledon, possibly, but why would Tony Bloom put money into a club in the Southern league.

Your clubs mismanagement, as you say cost, your club nothing, what did your fans do to save your club them times, nothing they sat back and said "oh no we have minus 10 points boo hoo" Thanks to a number of our fans we have a club today playing at the top table, sadly some of those fans who helped save the club are no longer here to see what they could only dream of 20 years ago.

So in summary, you haven't got a ****ing clue about how we have got where we are today

This, with loads of bells on. [emoji122][emoji122]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Was you there to see Albions historic cup win ?

I was! (I know you didn't ask me, but I just thought you might like to know.) It was very funny. After half a decade of TV millions, your squad players were perhaps the worst team we saw at the Amex this year.

It raises the point as to why you lot are on here rather than knocking down the boardroom door and pointing out that the only player you have worth having seems to be the last product of your previously well respected youth set up that they have failed to invest in? Look at this: https://www.transfermarkt.com/crystal-palace/jugendarbeit/verein/873.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Quite right, this idiot and others from up the road do themselves no favours when they post shit, especially when it disregards the efforts of life long supporters and especially those no longer with us who will be remembered forever.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Why is this idiot Se20 permitted to post here ?

Bizarre.

Because someone has to look after him and today it’s NSC turn.
I believe we offer respite care to bbs where they seem to have a disproportionate number of idiots who cannot be left unattended.

If he’s here it means he’s not being an affliction elsewhere!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of interest, what is my ‘obvious agenda’? I reported exactly the same about Newcastle United recently, and they then produced their accounts. The consequences of a striking off order are on this thread, before your post, so why the need for me to post them as well?

In addition there’s a thread on the BBS about the topic of Palace not publishing their accounts, but would you say that’s agenda driven too?

I monitor all 92 clubs as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I run http://priceoffootball.com as an independent website to NSC, and it covers football finance matters objectively.

It was we who found, for example, that West Ham’s owners had sold the Boleyn Ground for £38million and this was flipped by the new owners and resold for £60 million shortly afterwards.

The last couple of weeks have involved looking at Villa’s FFP challenge after failing to win promotion back to the Premier League and a review of Newcastle’s finances after they (eventually) submitted their results to the registrar. This report does contain an acrostic, such that if you take the first letter of each sentence it initially spells out MIKEASHLEYISAFATCOCKNEYWANKER
http://priceoffootball.com/newcastle-2017-lovely-jubbly/

I’m pretty hacked off that you accuse me of letting team rivalry override reporting objectivity as the following are all facts.

Palace have failed to submit accounts on time despite having had to provide them to the Premier League for FFP monitoring purposes some time ago.

Palace have been served with a striking off order by the Registrar.

Steve Parish is the owner of a company called Smoke & Mirrors Group Ltd (which incidentally charged the club £78,000 for office rent in 2016).

Palace have moved their statutory documents to an office above a branch of Wetherspoon’s in Altrincham Cheshire.

You’re playing the man, not the ball.

Ironically I was on the radio a couple of years ago praising a club for taking on an odious former manager who had extracted money from them unethically, when the club could have brushed the issue under the carpet. The club was Palace and the manager was Tony Pulis. There’s no anti Palace agenda, I take the mickey on occasion like any rival fan would do, it goes no further than that. There’s no way I’d compromise my reputation by being subjective when commenting or reporting football finance matters, and to infer otherwise is professionally insulting.
It seems some of the palace contingent would rather not hear about any financial problems at their club, but instead stay in blissful ignorance.

Strange, but there you go.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Would we have done a Wimbledon, possibly, but why would Tony Bloom put money into a club in the Southern league.

Because he actually is both genuinely a fan of your club, and he could afford it, plus his family have been on the clubs board for many years previously.

I’m genuinely surprised you think he wouldn’t have put money into the club in that scenario. Personally I think he would have.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I've had to explain this before to that other simpleton [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]G but if you think it was even remotely the same then you've got even less brains than it looks like from your gormless avatar, poor choice of football club and five year old's spelling and grammar.

For you to have done the same here's what would have happened. You would have sold your best player, aka Winifred, to actually PAY the taxman and then had Selhurst sold from under you. After a two seasons ground sharing with Kingstonian or Sutton you would have moved in to Whitgift School and played on the field with open temporary stands, winning trophies nonetheless. Only then, being Palace, you'd have gone bust again and have had to repeat the scenario, only you couldn't because you'd already cashed in on the World Diving champion. So you'd have been screwed.

Halfwit.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Apart from the fact we were homeless due to asset strippers, we wouldn't have been the league at all, and Tony Bloom had only just left school.
Dick Knight wasn't rich but had enough to keep us going, plus we sold players along the way, raised money through 40 note fund, Alive & Kicking, and buy a tile for the stadium.
Tony Bloom took over 12 years later in 2009.

The fans had to fight, in fact it was a qualified accountant who spotted what was going on, but too late to save the Goldstone.

I believe your fans had a whip round for St John Ambulance, but the London Ambulance service weren't paid. Shame on you and your club.

Don't come on here trying to defend your cheating by pointing the finger at us.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've had to explain this before to that other simpleton [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]G but if you think it was even remotely the same then you've got even less brains than it looks like from your gormless avatar, poor choice of football club and five year old's spelling and grammar.

For you to have done the same here's what would have happened. You would have sold your best player, aka Winifred, to actually PAY the taxman and then had Selhurst sold from under you. After a two seasons ground sharing with Kingstonian or Sutton you would have moved in to Whitgift School and played on the field with open temporary stands, winning trophies nonetheless. Only then, being Palace, you'd have gone bust again and have had to repeat the scenario, only you couldn't because you'd already cashed in on the World Diving champion. So you'd have been screwed.

Halfwit.
Kingstonian is a poor example as it is too close. Colchester would be better just to illustrate how far it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here