Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Austrian Tirol has had its best November in years. I'm visiting there soon.
IMG_2315.PNG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's a 60-70% chance of some flakes in Sussex later today, but it's unlikely to be anything significant. 80% in London this afternoon as well.

Just had a light snow shower at Canary Wharf.

Very festive.

Next week might see a colder repeat.

....brought a bit of excitement to our meeting in the Wharf (on 34th floor so had a good view [emoji16][emoji16])

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lots of snow here, between Saffron Walden and Cambridge. Mid-sized flumps and beginning to settle a bit.

:xmas:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Netweather predicting snow for Thursday evening and Friday morning. Too far out to start getting the sledges out but it’s a positive development.

Yoda

English & European
Netweather predicting snow for Thursday evening and Friday morning. Too far out to start getting the sledges out but it’s a positive development.

More likely Friday and through the weekend. I must say I've never seen this much agreement in all the runs THIS far ahead:
graphe3_1000_299_177___.gif
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More likely Friday and through the weekend. I must say I've never seen this much agreement in all the runs THIS far ahead:
graphe3_1000_299_177___.gif
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Spot on. Looking very interesting Thursday night.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I've made the mistake of looking at the netweather forums again and it's the same old story - always looking 7/9 days ahead when the next ice age is apparently about to start. They just 'forget' the interim periods where the earlier ice ages never arrived.

It's like NSC without any post game threads digging out a particular player. Pointless.

I'll stick to this thread for the rest of winter.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Net Weather now suggesting next Monday looks more promising for the first snow.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've made the mistake of looking at the netweather forums again and it's the same old story - always looking 7/9 days ahead when the next ice age is apparently about to start. They just 'forget' the interim periods where the earlier ice ages never arrived.

It's like NSC without any post game threads digging out a particular player. Pointless.

I'll stick to this thread for the rest of winter.

Net Weather now suggesting next Monday looks more promising for the first snow.

The problem of looking that far ahead. Friday looks cold but probably mainly dry here (perhaps the odd wintry shower). What's interesting is the possibility of a slider low running across the South of the UK from the West, which if it goes on a perfect track would give heavy snow here. It all depends on positioning though.

The longer term outlook is very interesting, as the setup gives repeated attempts to establish a block and there is a recurring theme of a Scandi High into mid December.

Very interesting chart watching at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here