Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'll drive Buckley to Sunderland for £2million myself"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What is going to happen is this: the weather is going to get warmer, the pitches are going to get less muddy, Buckley's hamstrings are going to like that, he is going to have a great last quarter of the season, stay with the Albion, enjoy the new training facilities at Lancing and then really kick on next season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great he scored two goals, about bloody time eh!? alot of you seem to think it covers up how piss poor he's been playing. Same with Leo, he comes up with these easy "tap ins" and everyone forgets what a shite game he's had. We need more consistency from our players

That is a wind up surely? Leo has been working his proverbials off for us this season. His GOAL tally speaks for itself. Thought he was excellent yesterday. Easy tap-ins? You mean getting in the right place at the right time like all good strikers should.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great he scored two goals, about bloody time eh!? alot of you seem to think it covers up how piss poor he's been playing.
It's not that he's been playing poor, it's that he's been injured. He's a very capable player, and if he remains fit he'll be great, as he's been every season.
Same with Leo, he comes up with these easy "tap ins" and everyone forgets what a shite game he's had.
So even when he's not playing well, he still scores.
We need more consistency from our players
Or what? Or we'll keep winning?

Of course we want all of our players to consistently play well, and so do they. It's not that easy though is it, and we're doing pretty well anyway.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I remember one post claiming that Buckley was (along with Storer) "living off the fame" of his goals against Donny :wozza:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What is going to happen is this: the weather is going to get warmer, the pitches are going to get less muddy, Buckley's hamstrings are going to like that, he is going to have a great last quarter of the season, stay with the Albion, enjoy the new training facilities at Lancing and then really kick on next season.

That's the spirit :albion2:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I do remember someone posting this, to be fair I probably gave it a 'thumbs up' or quoted 'this' as well. To be fair Buckley had been poor until today and injury prone, so it would have been shrewd sale, at the time. Looks like it would have been poor business based on today's performance. Lets hope he keeps it up.....

FFS.... a common sense post at last, and I'll throw my hat in with that as well. Lots of up and downs in footy (or life come to that) no shame to say we get things wrong occasionally. Far better than sniping and trumpet blowing self appreciation.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
People have short memories, just like the ones that said we should sell Noone and were delighted when we got the money we did for him.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
In my experience, BHAFC fans have proved to be the worst at judging good football talent - perhaps in the world.
Bunch of utter knobheads.
Except very few, & those probably don't post on NSC.

Buckley is good, and not because he prodded 2 over the line yesterday. He's just a good player.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In my experience, BHAFC fans have proved to be the worst at judging good football talent - perhaps in the world.
Bunch of utter knobheads.
Except very few, & those probably don't post on NSC.

Buckley is good, and not because he prodded 2 over the line yesterday. He's just a good player.

Where are all these post saying he has no ability?

Mar 2, 2014
Isn't the point that it's easy to judge a player on one performance, but harder to look at them in context over a longer period of time? This TSB person spends his time trolling through old posts looking to quote them out of context, without ever having the courage to submit an opinion of their own. Buckley has played poorly at times this season, and picked up a frustrating amount of injuries. But when he's fit and on form, he's a very effective player who scores and creates goals. There are games when he does nothing at all, and there will be countless posts this season you could take out of context after a good performance.

Feb 14, 2010
Garcia has been without Bridcutt who was "injured" for half the season before being fit to move to Sunderland, Ulloa out for much of the season and then Buckley has been out for most of the season also. So for Garcia to keep us in the play off shake up missing the best winger, forward and central midfielder is quite an achievement. Now Ulloa and Buckley are back then we might sneak in the play offs. The side is stronger than 3/4 four months ago and the players have a few months to take us up. If Buckley scores and creates goals then with Ulloa fit, we might just have a chance. Fabulous results against QPR and Bolton. I often think talk of momentum is rubbish but winning breeds confidence and with a good defence then that is the solid base which could just see us go up.

Feb 14, 2010

Is your opinion formed by a press who talk about the North East being a hotbed of football but who ignore Brighton, a club who get more than Middlesborough, Hartlep[ool and Darlington put together every week despite being in the second tier? Now where is that quote at Shef Wednesday that pointed out that Brighton / Shef W crowds when in the same league were often bigger at Brighton than Wednesday? Brighton mate are just unfashionable but its a proper hotbed of football. Its true tho' that there is a "kick it long, get into them" element at Brighton, but rthe reason is because that is the lower league rubbish the large crowds at Brighton have as a rule had to pput up with for the last 100 years.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Buckley is premier league class his fitness isn't.

Yes he hasn't set the world on fire since his return but neither did ulloa after his injury & nobody questioned him.

I'm probably biased but the 2 goals he scored againt Doncaster makes him a legend in my eyes & as long as he wants to play for us I'm happy to let him.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I stand by what I always say. One good game every 3 months is not enough. When was the last time he had this effect on a game, Bolton? and before that... Blackpool last season?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

Is your opinion formed by a press who talk about the North East being a hotbed of football but who ignore Brighton, a club who get more than Middlesborough, Hartlep[ool and Darlington put together every week despite being in the second tier? Now where is that quote at Shef Wednesday that pointed out that Brighton / Shef W crowds when in the same league were often bigger at Brighton than Wednesday? Brighton mate are just unfashionable but its a proper hotbed of football. Its true tho' that there is a "kick it long, get into them" element at Brighton, but rthe reason is because that is the lower league rubbish the large crowds at Brighton have as a rule had to pput up with for the last 100 years.

Not relevant to my post at all, so I'm not sure why you quoted me. I don't form any opinions based on someone else's anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here