Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Cardiff (a)

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Can’t believe all the 7’s and 8’s I’m seeing!

2’s all round except for a 4 for Dunk and a 10 for Bong as we’re not allowed to point out he’s shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LOL Kayal 7. You watching the same game?

Not worth a seven as his passing was mostly awful but he was one of our better players in effort and trying to make things happen imo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Pretty much spot on, although the total lack of communication in all areas is a major concern, last ditch defending is not a good thing, Isquierdo is selfish and stupid, Stephens was idiotic, Murray and March offered nothing, Kayals passing awful, CH tactics predictable and defeatist. The ref just compounded things, although a good professional approach and management would have spotted this within ten minutes.
3/10 for BHA today. A massive waste of money.

Ryan-6
Montoya-6
Dunk- 8 good header for the goal, did nothing wrong today
Duffy-6 could have done better with the first goal imo
Bong-5 not great awful defending for first goal needs to relax on the ball more
Knockaert- 5 did nothing
Stephens-4 wasn’t playing well before red card and gave the ref a decision to make
Kayal- 4 awful from him today, couldn’t keep the ball and kept passing it behind players on counter attacks
Izquierdo- 4 marked up by a point for a decent shot at the end, didn’t get his head up once today, made the wrong decision on countless occasions, could have tried to have played Andone in on about the 80th minute mark instead ran into trouble.
March- 6.5 did alright good decision for goal
Murray- 5 didn’t hold up the ball today although completely isolated so hard to be to critical
Subs
Andone- 7.5 looked good under the circumstances the only player that looked threatening
Bissouma- 6 little bit iffy at first but did ok
Atkinson- :wanker:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 6
Montoya 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 5
Knockaert 5
Stephens 4
Kayal 4
Izquierdo 5
March 4 (Bissouma 39min, 6)
Murray 5 (Andone 63min, 6)

M Atkinson 1

Abysmal game of football, two Championship sides playing in the Premier League. :shrug:

Andone showed some degree of quality so not all doom and gloom. Groß & Pröpper need to get fit and fecking fast.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes - that goal he scored after 6 minutes was terrible!

Erm Dunk scored!

Duffy was all over the place in the first 45 mins, uncharacteristicly misjudged four clearances, and arguably was sucked in on the goal.

Second half he was brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can’t believe Montoya - who lost his man for the first goal - is scoring so much higher than Bong who had a decent game. Sadly Spanish left was dire. March poor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t believe Montoya - who lost his man for the first goal - is scoring so much higher than Bong who had a decent game. Sadly Spanish left was dire. March poor.

....you haven’t included Bong’s ‘scapegoat factor’ which automatically takes at least 1 mark off, if not 2.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The British American commentator on NBC in US said he thought Cardiff was onside on the deciding end of game goal and that Stephens deserved his red card and should never have put his team in jeopardy of losing a match that the Albion should have won. He was extremely upset at Stephens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Game of opinions and all that, but these marks are pathetic, and cannot possibly be objective.

March was on the pitch for less than a half. He was tidy enough in possession, and was as threatening as any Albion player in that period. He got to the line, and put a great cross over that Murray should have reached. He had a good move with Knockaert that resulted in a shot just wide. And of course, for the second game running, he assisted our only goal, with a perfect delivery.

3 out of 10? Really?
Why bother even giving a mark at all? Why not just write 'I don't like March' :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Game of opinions and all that, but these marks are pathetic, and cannot possibly be objective.

March was on the pitch for less than a half. He was tidy enough in possession, and was as threatening as any Albion player in that period. He got to the line, and put a great cross over that Murray should have reached. He had a good move with Knockaert that resulted in a shot just wide. And of course, for the second game running, he assisted our only goal, with a perfect delivery.

3 out of 10? Really?
Why bother even giving a mark at all? Why not just write 'I don't like March' :shrug:
I do like March and understand that he’s playing out of position and that he only got 30 odd minutes.

The cross for Murray would have been much better if he’d actually taken the time to look up, that annoyed me. He’d done the hard work getting into a position to cross, why not take the extra 0.2 seconds to look where your team mates are.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I do like March and understand that he’s playing out of position and that he only got 30 odd minutes.

The cross for Murray would have been much better if he’d actually taken the time to look up, that annoyed me. He’d done the hard work getting into a position to cross, why not take the extra 0.2 seconds to look where your team mates are.

I agree, time and time again he fails to look up. Murray is always bollocking him for it, it must do his head in.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

3 out of 10? Really?

Totally and utterly agree. There were a lot of negatives at the weekend. March was one of the few positives.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Totally disagree. It was a prime example of putting the ball in the perfect area. What the rest of the attacking players were doing is beyond me, but we only had Murray in the box. March put the ball between the defence and goalkeeper with pace - anyone who gambles has a tap in. That no one did gamble and get in the box is systematic of the attacking issues we're having, not the fact that he didn't pick out the only attacking player in the box who was surrounded by 3-4 Cardiff players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

So you think, along with playing generally well, and notching another perfect assist, that he made (and its arguable) one poor decision there?

You scored him FOUR out of ten.

Like I say, when it comes to judging the contributions of Solly March, a section of Albion fans are far from objective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here