Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Covers of songs in TV adverts.
Over emotive singing.
The last 20 years of commercially successful singer songwriters.
Adults on skateboards who are rubbish
Personalised number plates
Most of the words that have been added to the OED in my lifetime.
Fingernails down a blackboard.

There's no finer thing than a REALLY nice car that doesn't have a personalised number plate. That's class.

At the other end of the spectrum..... actually it's everyone with a personalised plate isn't it. But the ones on shit cars are the worst. Buy a decent car instead you idiots.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There's no finer thing than a REALLY nice car that doesn't have a personalised number plate. That's class.

At the other end of the spectrum..... actually it's everyone with a personalised plate isn't it. But the ones on shit cars are the worst. Buy a decent car instead you idiots.

There was a person in Eastbourne in the late 80s who got hold of the old Tivoli theatre, Leaf Hall? It had been a struggling cinema, then an even more struggling arts venue. I don't know if he full story but I'm pretty sure he went by the name Des Desmond and that the place was called JO PIP after the 'treasured' number plate on his manky old Jag.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fully grown men with a players name on the back of their shirt.

Fully grown men with their own name of the back of an Albion shirt.

Fans of run of the mill clubs (yes, BHAFC is too, so not commented on arrogantly), singing "............. FC, we're by far the greatest team, the World has ever seen". For some reason I picture this sung with a dull accent like WBA, Walsall.

Grannies with ripped jeans and tattoos.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Haha! Fairs.
Ironically, it was done with a lot of self awareness. Nearly all of my posts are believe it or not :)
Some on here (not you by the way) take my posts far too seriously .

ha , a week ago i would have said "fairs" ?? my 14 year old said it to me the other day :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A child having a tantrum in the quiet carriage of a train. The parent(s) don't take them out though and give them a rollicking. Nope, everyone has to suffer with passengers tutting and sighing for the length of the journey.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

I respectfully disagree. A stunning car is made even better with a classy cherished number plate... It's the pillocks who have J19CK G and crap like that on their £99 down, £99 a month Corsa's which ruin it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
People walking around offices with those poncy headsets / mikes - you're in an office not effing MacDonalds

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
A child having a tantrum in the quiet carriage of a train. The parent(s) don't take them out though and give them a rollicking. Nope, everyone has to suffer with passengers tutting and sighing for the length of the journey.

People with no compassion or comprehension of the struggles some children and their parents have ;)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People walking around offices with those poncy headsets / mikes - you're in an office not effing MacDonalds

I remember when the early bluetooth devices included a shell like receiver cupped around and sticking out from one ear. I can't remember which comedian, but he described the users with one simple word ..... "Cocks".

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Our government spending billions on the latest carlos fandango nuclear weapons and then announcing further cuts in health and special education services . kin knobs , oh and people eating crisps on public transport .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
People with no compassion or comprehension of the struggles some children and their parents have ;)

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't generalizing kids. Apologies if you thought I was. It was getting towards the end of the summer holidays and they were bored - at going to London Zoo! :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Phillip meme Schofield is worth a nomination for the cringe factor.
He's even more nauseating, now he's found out Holly Willoughby is helping out presenting this years Celebrity Jungle. :tosser:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
What if it's BBC One's "Heir Hunters" calling you up, and they've just tracked you down to say your Great Uncle Algernon pegged it 2 years ago and you're the sole heir to his £4m fortune?

That'd be bloody interesting...

You're right, I wondered what happened to old uncle Algy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here