Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Her job is to deliver the referendum result.

The thing is though, she has made such an utter pigs ear of this that it's going to need much much longer than the remaining 18 months. And by then there will be another government....then it's game on.

#NotGonnaHappen

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Couldnt give a monkeys if she thinks its a dreadful idea or not, its not about her after all.
Her job is to deliver the referendum result.

We vote in our politicians to do what is best for the country, she clearly doesn't think it is best for the country and nor do the vast majority of MP's

By her dum party asked for a response a binary question on a binary question many knew little about.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We vote in our politicians to do what is best for the country, she clearly doesn't think it is best for the country and nor do the vast majority of MP's

By her dum party asked for a response a binary question on a binary question many knew little about.

Again, i couldnt care less what the majority of MP`s think. They were entitled to vote any which way they wanted in the referendum, but their vote on june 23rd was no more or less important than my or your vote,many remainers have said they didnt realise membership of the single market was one of the issues, the same with freedom of movement, they didnt realise it was an issue.........if you knew little about these things you should have paid more attention..........it was widely discussed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The guy is not a main Leave voice but it doesn’t seem to stop you claiming he is and posting a link from him each month.

The guy is a loon, he has set himself up as a one man band (with the help of his dad) Leave organisation, he wrote a paper on how Brexit should proceed months and months ago based on an unworkable Norway model, he obviously put a lot of time and effort into it but it was widely ridiculed as a bit hat stand. He now spends his whole time twitter trolling and attacking people on blogs who disagree with his opinion, and it’s a sort of stalky relentless type of attacking. He has a special hate for any gov position on Brexit but lays into “lefties” with equal vigour.
I suggest you give him a massive swerve, unless you enjoy reading online meltdowns.
He is no more of a main Leave voice as Eddie Izzard is the voice of Remain. Although I must admit I would like to see the two of them hammer out a debate in a padded cell.

Can you confirm who the main leave voices are please. So far you have discounted the director of leave (Cummings) and this chap. You have said it isn't Farage because he did not have an official role and you have distanced all from 350 million claim. Can you let me know who I should listen to? Is it hannon "no one is advocating leaving single market" gove? Boris? Please let me know who I should listen to so that I can analyse what they say until you discount them.

Cheers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you confirm who the main leave voices are please. So far you have discounted the director of leave (Cummings) and this chap. You have said it isn't Farage because he did not have an official role and you have distanced all from 350 million claim. Can you let me know who I should listen to? Is it hannon "no one is advocating leaving single market" gove? Boris? Please let me know who I should listen to so that I can analyse what they say until you discount them.

Cheers.

Why are you saying Peter North, Cummings,Farage, Hannon, Gove, Boris are the main leave voices with no mention of the Prime Minister or Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union?
You do know the referendum debate finished dont you? We are into the phase of exiting now not going over old arguments

If you need to to be told who to listen to just invent something, its what you normally do.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Her job is to do whatever is best for the UK.

And the best thing for the UK is to leave The EU......but that old argument has been debated and voted on

Parliament is paramount not the plebiscite.

You need to tell that to all the MP`s who voted and campaigned to Remain yet decided the referendum result must be respected and voted accordingly to start the process of leaving.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Why are you saying Peter North, Cummings,Farage, Hannon, Gove, Boris are the main leave voices with no mention of the Prime Minister or Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union?
You do know the referendum debate finished dont you? We are into the phase of exiting now not going over old arguments

If you need to to be told who to listen to just invent something, its what you normally do.

Pathetic response. All the people I have named were prominent leave voices and slowly they are falling away saying Brexit will be a car crash. So if everyone agrees it will be a car crash and those people all admit they got it wrong we should plough on? Is that really what you are saying.

Re the PM - today she wouldn't say she would vote leave.

And Davis and fox famously said they need us more than we need them and striking deals would be easy. Oh and America will be our pals.

I don't want another vote I want to know who would have to tell you that this will be a car crash and ruin the country for you to admit this was a huge mistake and the empty promises of this utopia are just that.

So......who is still supporting Brexit that I should listen to?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pathetic response. All the people I have named were prominent leave voices and slowly they are falling away saying Brexit will be a car crash. So if everyone agrees it will be a car crash and those people all admit they got it wrong we should plough on? Is that really what you are saying.

And Davis and fox famously said they need us more than we need them and striking deals would be easy. Oh and America will be our pals.

I don't want another vote I want to know who would have to tell you that this will be a car crash and ruin the country for you to admit this was a huge mistake and the empty promises of this utopia are just that.

Me.......hope that helps

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Me.......hope that helps

Perfect. Sums up your position beautifully. It is essentially "I will never admit I was wrong and would rather the country goes to crap rather than have to admit I was wrong. When it goes wrong I will simply blame the horrible EU and say that is why we had to leave"

Obviously ignoring the fact that the EU always held the stronger hand and would bargain hard and it was us trying to leave them rather than them kicking us out.

Let me know when you get your head out of the sand.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Perfect. Sums up your position beautifully. It is essentially "I will never admit I was wrong and would rather the country goes to crap rather than have to admit I was wrong. When it goes wrong I will simply blame the horrible EU and say that is why we had to leave"

Obviously ignoring the fact that the EU always held the stronger hand and would bargain hard and it was us trying to leave them rather than them kicking us out.

Let me know when you get your head out of the sand.

You are entitled to your angry interpretation.of what i believe

you are very good though at twisting things about (fakenews) to suit what you want to hear in your own head, so interpret away.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Who out of those you named (Farage, Cummings, Gove, Boris, Hannan) are 'falling away' and saying it will be a car crash?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Her job is to do whatever is best for the UK. Parliament is paramount not the plebiscite.

Thanks for the reminder of how the system works. We're not at mob rule just yet

At least May did 2 things yesterday..

a) She is not a bare faced liar, ie saying she'd vote Brexit tomorrow

b) She isn't completely stupid

I can feel another "Enemy of the People" headline from the Mail coming on

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just wondered if you are just as vocal against the supermarkets who have priced out our high street over the years, and made it harder for some farmers to make a decent living.

You wanted to talk about CZ immigration the other day, and now you want to talk about the supermarkets effects on the high street today? Its like you keep looking for something else to deflect away from what people are talking about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You wanted to talk about CZ immigration the other day, and now you want to talk about the supermarkets effects on the high street today? Its like you keep looking for something else to deflect away from what people are talking about.

Answering a question with a question....it's taken you a while but you have now realised [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]'s primary diversion tactic!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here