Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Putin's Least Believable BS Yet?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mr Skripal had lived quietly without incident in a sleepy Salisbury cul-de-sac for 8 years until 4th March when Novichok toxic agent was smeared on his door handle.

As these 2 Russian men with sequential passport numbers were captured on CCTV in the area at the exact time this happened, the very least they could do is come forward and say if they saw anything suspicious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The question that interests me is if they brought the novichok with them - which would have been disastrous if they had been caught - or picked it up when here ( smuggled into the embassy ? ). I reckon the security services know.

I think it is believed that they brought it in two (relatively harmless) parts and mixed it in the perfume bottle just before they used it; it obviously then became a lethal chemical weapon.

Jimmy Grimble

fa0da2bbdb829316acfabfc9c03cfe92.jpg

For any Simpsons fans

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I see one of the Russian 'tourists' has been identified!

_103590911_a1c03ea4-ce0f-47a6-92ea-6ae616b9418f.jpg

An investigative journalism website has published what it says is the real identity of one of the Russian intelligence officers suspected of the Salisbury nerve agent poisoning.

The Bellingcat group claims the man who was named as Ruslan Boshirov is actually Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga.

British officials have not commented. The BBC understands there is no dispute over the identification.

UK investigators have said Mr Boshirov was a Russian intelligence officer.

Bellingcat says that Col Chepiga was a soldier who served in Chechnya and was awarded the highest state award - Hero of the Russian Federation, usually bestowed personally by President Vladimir Putin.

BBC

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see one of the Russian 'tourists' has been identified!

View attachment 100905

An investigative journalism website has published what it says is the real identity of one of the Russian intelligence officers suspected of the Salisbury nerve agent poisoning.

The Bellingcat group claims the man who was named as Ruslan Boshirov is actually Colonel Anatoliy Chepiga.

British officials have not commented. The BBC understands there is no dispute over the identification.

UK investigators have said Mr Boshirov was a Russian intelligence officer.

Bellingcat says that Col Chepiga was a soldier who served in Chechnya and was awarded the highest state award - Hero of the Russian Federation, usually bestowed personally by President Vladimir Putin.

BBC

Nah, surely not ? Just an amateur Steeple enthusiast who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and has been stitched up.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Apologies if this has already been covered, but what I would like to know is, if the Novichok was applied to the front door of Mr Skripal's house, how on earth was it done without the perpetrator(s) coming into contact with it either by inhalation or contact assuming it was sprayed from a perfume bottle?

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Apologies if this has already been covered, but what I would like to know is, if the Novichok was applied to the front door of Mr Skripal's house, how on earth was it done without the perpetrator(s) coming into contact with it either by inhalation or contact assuming it was sprayed from a perfume bottle?

Why would you like to know?

Two things seem likely to me: 1. I expect they would want to do it downwind and 2. how would we know they didn't have some contact? It was a cold day so gloves wouldn't have been conspicuous and would be obvious first line of protection and perhaps the spray would have been a narrow jet in preference to a wide one as for a proper perfume. Also, the PM said there was evidence of Novichok in the hotel so maybe the contamination there was related the that release from the bottle, via gloves or other clothing. We don't really know, or need to know... but that's no reason to cast doubt on the UK line at all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The bottle was adapted, it's already been in the news

It was more like a WD40 can with a specially adapted nozzle

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Why would you like to know?

Two things seem likely to me: 1. I expect they would want to do it downwind and 2. how would we know they didn't have some contact? It was a cold day so gloves wouldn't have been conspicuous and would be obvious first line of protection and perhaps the spray would have been a narrow jet in preference to a wide one as for a proper perfume. Also, the PM said there was evidence of Novichok in the hotel so maybe the contamination there was related the that release from the bottle, via gloves or other clothing. We don't really know, or need to know... but that's no reason to cast doubt on the UK line at all.

Why not? It’s not an unreasonable question is it?!

Curious, that’s all.

A narrow spray could have splashed back onto gloves or clothing. Those gloves could still come into contact with skin later. They were obviously well trained & extremely careful not to be affected by the chemical that they were allegedly there to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
The bottle was adapted, it's already been in the news

It was more like a WD40 can with a specially adapted nozzle

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry for missing this - with a demanding job & young family, I do not always catch up with the news. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here