Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s Everyone’s Mood Today?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I've got a few things off my chest, so I'm starting to reflect with a modicum of positivity... time to draw a line and all that. This year will undoubtedly be a battle royal to stay up, make no mistake. We need a result of any kind against utd, not as it'll define anything, but moreover will help repair the damage done yesterday. Chris seemed perplexed with things post match, almost shocked by what he'd seen... I think he'll be watching the tapes of that game, and making some tough calls this week, not because we are all clamouring for it but because the facts were/are undeniable even to one as trusting and loyal as CH.

I remain convinced we need genuine change out there, and I suspect Chris may well agree when he reviews what we bore witness to yesterday.

Let's move on and get it right next time :)

Haven't watched any of the game but saw enough last year(34 games live) to see that CH needs to watch the tapes and review what he could have done better not just the players. He is and needs to be the chief motivator and that will encompass some hard decisions including making himself be more offensive in a game and use his subs earlier.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still pissed off with that performance but I expect CH is way more pissed off than I am

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I still think pre season was not very good , the first team had one game together against Nantes , which was p,aged at half pace , no wonder the team looked unfit , not up to speed yesterday, and did not look like a team

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
One league result this early does not matter. We are just one win away from feeling optimistic again.

What matters is form. After 5 games if we still are without a win, then we should be very worried. 10 games without a win, and even Hughton's job could be under threat.

I'm fully confident that our form will be decent after 5, 10 games. Just one blip - I think we can be glad it happened now, rather than affecting future good runs.

The thing is.
Our form could be good for the next six games but we may only pick up 3 points vs Fulham, because of the sides that we will be playing.
So three points from seven games and the Hughton out vultures will be circling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The thing is.
Our form could be good for the next six games but we may only pick up 3 points vs Fulham, because of the sides that we will be playing.
So three points from seven games and the Hughton out vultures will be circling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a few. Even if the worst came to the worse, and we got relegated, I would want Chris to stay, to manage us in the Championship. Fwiw, I don't think we will get relegated.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Resigned to a season of hanging on and nicking the occasional game here and there.

Such is the “premier” league we are e currently in

I expect nothing so staying up last year was an unexpected bonus.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Still pissed off with that performance but I expect CH is way more pissed off than I am

I doubt it. He set up exactly the same way he has for away games for the last ten months and got the standard 0-2 loss. Same team, same tactics, same style, same result.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I doubt it. He set up exactly the same way he has for away games for the last ten months and got the standard 0-2 loss. Same team, same tactics, same style, same result.

At 5pm yesterday Chris might just have thought, **** it, that REALLY isn't going to work anymore. He sounded pretty pissed off in the after match stuff.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Feel a lot better today.
My only concern is CH saying he is at a loss as to why we played badly. It's a formation we know, he says. A team we're used to playing, he says.
And we lost and created no chances. There's no surprises there I'm afraid Chris. I hope he learns from this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My mood is still bad.

Such a waste of a fixture. Why sing so many players and then send out the old losing away team ? - except for 1 new player who had a stinker.

Fixtures not kind now for a bit - the Fulham game has become gigantic.

el punal

Well there are 0-2 losses and 0-2 losses. Some you expect because of the quality of the opposition, 0-2 losses to, for example, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea last season. Then there are the dire 0-2 losses to the likes of Leicester, Huddersfield, West Brom and Everton, Watford joins that list and I would suggest at the top of the list for most dire.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Well there are 0-2 losses and 0-2 losses. Some you expect because of the quality of the opposition, 0-2 losses to, for example, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea last season. Then there are the dire 0-2 losses to the likes of Leicester, Huddersfield, West Brom and Everton, Watford joins that list and I would suggest at the top of the list for most dire.

Will we get enough home points this season? Those wins against Arsenal and Man U probably won't happen every season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
At 5pm yesterday Chris might just have thought, **** it, that REALLY isn't going to work anymore. He sounded pretty pissed off in the after match stuff.

New season, fresh start, it was time to try something new IMHO. If the formation and tactics had previously gained the odd win and a few more draws then fine but it has not worked for almost year. We all had a little laugh in the pub when the team sheet came out.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just about go over it.
I couldn't believe when I arrived though that any pub (The Oddfellows) would not serve ale ! Just gassy, fizzy pop. I had the Amstel which seemed like the best of a bad bunch. Followed that up with the worst burger I have ever eaten, served by the surliest publican I have ever met.
Oh you meant the football ! yeah that was ****

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Will we get enough home points this season? Those wins against Arsenal and Man U probably won't happen every season.

You are quite right in saying those wins against MU and Arsenal won't happen every season...whats gone is gone...but on the other hand we have just lost the first game of the season .that doesn't mean we are going to lose the other 18 away games does it..perhaps not the time to hit the panic button

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My mood is still bad.

Such a waste of a fixture. Why sing so many players and then send out the old losing away team ? - except for 1 new player who had a stinker.

Fixtures not kind now for a bit - the Fulham game has become gigantic.

The positive, if CH is open minded. He now knows March etc away, does not work.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here