Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Bit selfish expecting the game to be delayed if you get stuck in Windsor.

Bit pompous of you to think that the game won't be delayed. What gives you all the power? You incompetent payroll department employee! (Good thing I'm on his ignore list)
He really doesn't want to see what this "bit of a tit" has to say.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I don't think I have seen the official reason for not running trains to /from Falmer tonight and Tuesday?

In practical term I'm guessing its just because they don't have enough staff to run the trains and the additional staff required at the stations? If they don't have enough staff to run the trains and stations they then spin it as a 'safety issue', which I guess it would be without adequate staffing!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think I have seen the official reason for not running trains to /from Falmer tonight and Tuesday?

In practical term I'm guessing its just because they don't have enough staff to run the trains and the additional staff required at the stations? If they don't have enough staff to run the trains and stations they then spin it as a 'safety issue', which I guess it would be without adequate staffing!

In a nutshell: too many people, not enough trains.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At least Paul Barber is happy as we need Sky money so we'll not lose any money and the atmosphere will be great.

How much control do Sky have over kick off time? If there are serious problems, which seem likely, I wonder of kick off could be delayed if it is that bad?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
How much control do Sky have over kick off time? If there are serious problems, which seem likely, I wonder of kick off could be delayed if it is that bad?

You do get delayed kick-offs on Sky every now and then. I doubt Sky like it, but if it's requested by the police or club on good grounds, there's not much Sky could do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You'll be disappointed with that fail :facepalm:

Station's shut for safety reasons due to the horrendous scrum that would ensue for the pitifully few trains running. So they'll all fly through Falmer without stopping.

Should have added 'for us' :)

Wondering how many will turn up at Brighton expecting to get a train still.......judging by social media comments there are vast numbers of people who haven't seen the 3 million messages so far that NO TRAINS ARE STOPPING AT FALMER..............are people going to go by train from Brighton to Lewes then get the shuttle bus back to Falmer ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Southern has informed us limited services will now stop at Falmer Station tonight. We advise fans to check [MENTION=26542]Southern[/MENTION]RailUK re times. #BHAFC

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Running some trains seems worse in a way. Sends a conflicting message, and also makes a mockery of the "safety concerns" grounds for closure.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Those going to Lewes and that direction train appears to be the 2315 and the 2334
Those going to Brighton appears the 2236 and 2235 are both running that ways
The 2334 train from falmer will stop at Eastbourne and bexhill.
Not a lot of help but a very late night option for some

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can see this turning into a total cockup

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports