Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Modern football fans are just a joy aren’t they. Could stop going if you’re that fed up.

He lives in Canada, so his opinion is purely based on camera angles.

It is extraordinary timing to slate a player who had a hand in all three goals yesterday!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Coventry fans, who were watching from a South Stand angle of course, thought Knocky was one of our better players yesterday.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I wish someone would compile a list, so that we could know in advance which player is going to be “Scapegoat of the Week”.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish someone would compile a list, so that we could know in advance which player is going to be “Scapegoat of the Week”.

Fortunately our incredibly poor fans do have one thing in common.
The only way to guarantee an upturn in form is for NSC to decide an Albion player is shitehouse.

Although this will be interesting, having been directly involved in yesterday's 3 goals, and singlehandedly (should that be headedly) saving 2 of the most valuable points last week, AK's upturn in form might be hard to see.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.
And yes I know he got the assist, the genuinely shitty cross that found Locadia

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Get 'yer flamethrowers out, I'm prepared.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

I have seen signs last couple of games of a return to form. OK, not much coming off but giving it a right good go. And certainly no evidence yesterday of stroppiness.

At the moment it is him and Jose for me. Solly has somehow got to get his final delivery sorted (feels like we have been saying that for an eternity).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He still occupies two or three defenders every time he's on the ball.
He just doesn't get past them all in the Premier league.

I thought he was pretty good in the game. But he probably felt he should have been tearing them apart. Which he wasn't.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Amazes me how people watching the radio can form any sort of worthwhile punditory , do you know how many off the ball runs he made to make space for other players ? One of which took 2 defenders away from a missed chance for Locadia , it’s shit guesswork gobbledegook moan ups like this that are just embarrassing to see especially when not even at the game ! He was very frustrated yesterday, anybody that was actually there could see that but he kept going and hasn’t once let the club down with petulant non performances , He’s a player people pay to watch and more often than not he delivers , have a nice walk in the sunshine and cheer up a bit , the club are in the quarter finals of the FA Cup ffs .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Maty Ryan - just one error away from this accolade

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not just based on the first half today (think we are playing brilliantly), more over this whole season so far.
And yes I know he got the assist, the genuinely shitty cross that found Locadia

So, so wasteful. Stroppy, blames others and loses the ball after making the wrong decision time after time.

Get 'yer flamethrowers out, I'm prepared.

Good Championship player, a bit of flair, but definitely not for me, or the Premier League.

#KnockyOut

Constantly trying to make something happen, contributed to two of our goals, nearly scored not to mention the point saving clearance last week. Perhaps if we got behind him instead of starting really shit threads when we've won 3-1? :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Constantly trying to make something happen, contributed to two of our goals, nearly scored not to mention the point saving clearance last week. Perhaps if we got behind him instead of starting really shit threads when we've won 3-1? :shrug:

The bad point of his play has been his shooting this season which has been well off target as per yesterday but that has been problem from many players. You always hope that the magic touch will return for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The bad point of his play has been his shooting this season which has been well off target as per yesterday but that has been problem from many players. You always hope that the magic touch will return for him.

There are problems with his final product - shooting, trying to beat too many players, too many crosses going astray. But he makes the chance in the first place, we all know he needs a little bit of love and yet people are intent on creating a vicious circle where they get on his back, he tries in an even more OTT way to shut them up, it goes wrong and people get on his back. He might be the player he was last season again if we only got behind him. It's not hard to support the team FFS.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Knochaert is a great player and adds a lot to the team. One thing you have to remember to balance a few posts on here, are the loud and repeated chants of 'We've got Knochaert, Antony Knochaert I just don't think you understand..'

Both yesterday and last week at Stoke. He has had great games this season, at Manchester United away (where he was the only player to break the rules and chatted to fans after getting off the coach) and he made a point saving clearance off the line only last week.

Someone on the bus who was ranting how Knockaert is no longer the player he was, had to then state that his assist were not meant?

Bonkers, I look forward to Knockhaert being part of the team and doing all the wonderful stuff he contrabutes on and off the field.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Having not read all posts I may be repeating someone here, but like the old adage, Form is temporary - class is permanent. Antony, like many great players, often struggle to repeat their form after a particularly outstanding season, just look at strikers - 8 or 9 one season and then 25 / 26 the next. They get accused of trying too hard when that "magical ingredient" is missing, that ingredient as others have pointed out is confidence. It will return. Those that can and do repeat it year in year we don't call great, we call them world class.???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There are problems with his final product - shooting, trying to beat too many players, too many crosses going astray. But he makes the chance in the first place, we all know he needs a little bit of love and yet people are intent on creating a vicious circle where they get on his back, he tries in an even more OTT way to shut them up, it goes wrong and people get on his back. He might be the player he was last season again if we only got behind him. It's not hard to support the team FFS.

It's telling that he's deleted his Twitter account. I'm not saying it's all Brighton fans because were are some nasty trolls who were bringing up his father's death constantly.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's one of our most talented players.
It's possible that he's struggling with not being the most talented player.

There is a lot of competition for that accolade now.
One of his early shots seemed to be an attempt to outdo Izquierdo's goal against West Ham.
He could well still be the most talented player, with a little more calmness. Or that might take something away fro his game.
Who knows?

All I know is that I love the fact that he wants to be the best and that he cares so ****ing much.
Plus he clearly still loves the club.

Sad that people can turn on a player who was nothing short of brilliant and one of the main reasons we got promoted..not even a year ago. I can not fault AK in any way, he is just having a tough time at the moment :down:

Not convinced he's having a more tougher time than Jose or Solly - the standard is higher and just because Knocky can't take the piss out of Champ defenders any more doesn't mean he isn't contributing. My heart always sinks when he's not in the starting line-up

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here