Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ryan Air Racist

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don’t wish to make excuses for Ryanair and I’ve only watched the video once but it doesn’t seem clear how much of the racist language the crew actually hear. I’m not sure they hear enough to be sure they can kick him off. Plus the crew member is possibly not English and may not understand the muffled ramblings of a racist old tosser.

Credit to the guy in the row behind, not so much to the person filming.

As it's a police matter, the filming is valuable evidence.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Hard to believe such scumbag racist people still exist. His only possible defence is that, as he appears, he his mentally very, very ill.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pathetic by Ryanair, disgusting in fact.

Their first thoughts and action should've been to get the perpetrator off the flight and arrested, and see to the welfare of the victim.

Luckily, by design as I like to travel out of Gatwick even if it costs more, I've never flown with Ryanair, which going by their poor customer service record is a godsend.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes, I appreciate the video is crucial to the police and this possibly wouldn’t even be in the news without it.

But from a moral point of view, whipping out your phone is poor form in a situation like this. I’d like to think I’d speak up if I saw something like this happen rather than film it. It’s similar (but less repulsive) to those people who get their phones out in the aftermath of terrorist attacks.

Could you not film and speak up at the same time?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Pathetic by Ryanair, disgusting in fact.

Their first thoughts and action should've been to get the perpetrator off the flight and arrested, and see to the welfare of the victim.

How do you know he was the perpetrator when you didn't see it kick of?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How do you know he was the perpetrator when you didn't see it kick of?

Say you had a row with a stranger, even if they started it, you commit a criminal offence by racist insults. Totally separate to that, they may be committing a criminal offence with the initial disturbance.

Just a scenario, not linked to these events, purely to answer your question.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Say you had a row with a stranger, even if they started it, you commit a criminal offence by racist insults. Totally separate to that, they may be committing a criminal offence with the initial disturbance.

Just a scenario, not linked to these events, purely to answer your question.

I dont think racial insults in theirself are a crime(I heard him call her a black something or other in a heated moment), this thread like the twitter poster(a political activist) is making a meal of it. Which kicks of the NPC virtue signalling on here.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I dont think racial insults in theirself are a crime(I heard him call her a black something or other in a heated moment), this thread like the twitter poster(a political activist) is making a meal of it. Which kicks of the NPC virtue signalling on here.

You're out on your own on this one.

Have a bit of humanity.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To be fair, we only have that video to go by. It really doesn't look good and some of the language used was way out of line. but... surely we should be waiting until we have the full story, witness statements etc before we dust off the pitch forks?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone else thought he sounded like a potty mouthed mr punch?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Racist insults are indeed a crime, it’s called hate speech.
John Terry went to court for it, and was found not guilty.

‘Making a meal of it’?
The racist person has insisted she moves from her seat , because she’s black, he calls her an “Ugly black bitch” and a “Black Bastard”
You must have a very suspect opinion on racial matters yourself, if you consider this to be trivial, as you infer.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see any videos on that link, only stills. What I do wonder, though, is that there is a second picture claiming to show a clearer picture of the racist - but why did he change his shirt between the two photos?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Racist insults are indeed a crime, it’s called hate speech.
John Terry went to court for it, and was found not guilty.

‘Making a meal of it’?
The racist person has insisted she moves from her seat , because she’s black, he calls her an “Ugly black bitch” and a “Black *******”
You must have a very suspect opinion on racial matters yourself, if you consider this to be trivial, as you infer.
Do you know if it started as a racist incident? Or did it become one as insults were hurled as his anger escalated. Not condoning. But he’s clearly not all there mentally as opposed to just losing it and, for example, had the woman been white, would he still have kicked off because it started as a personal space issue? When people are on the offensive, they tend to use anything to undermine someone’s dignity. Been called fat, old man, bald, white trash etc during my time, laughed it off because it’s not true, just yoof trying to get to you. Cat calling basically. When the original issue was something else e.g. dropping litter, throwing stones at cars etc and they just didn’t like being told off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be fair, we only have that video to go by. It really doesn't look good and some of the language used was way out of line. but... surely we should be waiting until we have the full story, witness statements etc before we dust off the pitch forks?

I'll start from interviews.

The man was annoyed in the delay getting to his window seat because the elderly women (who suffered from arthritis) took time to move.

The video tells the rest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here