Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] East lower and north...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't exactly notice the 'full stadium roaring their team on' for the previous 80/85 minutes. Quite the opposite, in fact, for most of the time.

And anyway, AK scored at 90+3 if I remember rightly, long after the early leavers had, er, left and then also had another chance to equalise. So I can't help thinking that your theory is pish!

I STILL don't get the outrage or what difference it makes to these REAL fans – some of whom were watching the game on a TV while on holiday :whistle:

Think I'm gonna give myself a ban from here for a week - I deserve it. Talk about dragging something out when someone's apologised though and even tried to explain the personal situation of being on holiday which isn't for NSC, and is actually something that has cause me ghuge upset - but hey, let's ignore the subsequent posts and keep going on about the holiday thing for 'fun'. Will remember not to wear my Albion heart on sleeve and post in future. Or post drunk. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't exactly notice the 'full stadium roaring their team on' for the previous 80/85 minutes. Quite the opposite, in fact, for most of the time.

And anyway, AK scored at 90+3 if I remember rightly, long after the early leavers had, er, left and then also had another chance to equalise. So I can't help thinking that your theory is pish!

I STILL don't get the outrage or what difference it makes to these REAL fans – some of whom were watching the game on a TV while on holiday :whistle:

I was merely giving an idealogical reason for your question of why people get annoyed by it. I think the fans that get annoyed are those that would like to see a full roaring stadium bringing their side home...

It does't really matter if that is a reality or not. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes Sheebo was absolutely Sheeboed. Brilliant Monday morning read.

You and others encourage me to do this and look where it got me!!! haha. Sorry mate - not a great one this :facepalm: But too many judgemental ****ers on here too who don't read the whole thread and subsequent apology!

I've clearly let myself down so my 1 week starts now :facepalm: I'm sorry.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You and others encourage me to do this and look where it got me!!! haha. Sorry mate - not a great one this :facepalm: But too many judgemental ****ers on here too who don't read the whole thread and subsequent apology!

I've clearly let myself down so my 1 week starts now :facepalm: I'm sorry.

I bloody love it, People getting offended online shock.Thankfully I am usually too far away from a computer when hammered post match to have a rant.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Think I'm gonna give myself a ban from here for a week - I deserve it. Talk about dragging something out when someone's apologised though and even tried to explain the personal situation of being on holiday which isn't for NSC, and is actually something that has cause me ghuge upset - but hey, let's ignore the subsequent posts and keep going on about the holiday thing for 'fun'. Will remember not to wear my Albion heart on sleeve and post in future. Or post drunk. :thumbsup:

To be fair, my response was a bit tongue in cheek – FFS, you're not the first person who has been 'outraged' about a game from afar. I couldn't care less about where you were really, but didn't really think it was a thread that needed starting (but I get HOW it got started) Yes, I've read all of the thread including your apology and that's fair enough. But you know the score on here, you'll be hung out to dry for ever more – a bit like the fella who (ironically enough) left the Leicester game early. You talk a lot of sense a lot of the time and I agree with most things you say, so I bare now ill-feeling or think you should put a ban on yourself. Just enjoy the rest of your holiday and forget ab

I was merely giving an idealogical reason for your question of why people get annoyed by it. I think the fans that get annoyed are those that would like to see a full roaring stadium bringing their side home...

It does't really matter if that is a reality or not. :shrug:

You're right, it COULD make a difference. Just like my single vote in a general election COULD make a difference to the outcome. But I'm 99.9% sure it won't. :lol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I actively ENCOURAGE others to continue to leave early. Let them go.

The combination of them going, and then the next rush of people on the final whistle usually means that I can leisurely clap the team off, have a pint or two, watch the highlights, plod down to the station and comfortably get on a train, stress free and with more beer in my belly.

Perfect.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just to wade into this one …

Yes, it is your ticket and your time and your choice. Yes, there’s a wait for the trains and yes it was raining on Saturday. Yes there’s competition for your leisure time. Clearly, there’s nothing to stop you exercising your free will and leaving the match when you choose.

However if you do that at least acknowledge the following

1) It sends a message loud and clear the players. “We don’t think you can come back from this” and “we’re not prepared to invest our time in watching you unless you win”
2) Pictures going around the world on live TV of 1000’s of fans making for the exits after conceding a 2nd goal damages the club’s brand. Which they clearly spend huge amounts of time and money developing.
3) We have 8000 on a season ticket waiting list. If you have one, you are in a privileged position. For every match you attend there are others who would love to be watching instead of you.
4) It hugely undermines your right to ever mock other clubs for any lack of support you feel they’re offering. (if that’s something you like to do)
5) If your taking your kids away from the game early, you’re teaching them this is ok and forming this as a habit

Now you might be fine with all of those. Just reflect though, that’s all I’m asking.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The expat seagulls among us have got quite used to seeing the Amex start to empty before fulltime.

Regularly watching all the 3pm Premier League games simultaneously live in a sports bar has shown that it happens at every other club.

The cameras always pick up on some home fans leaving, especially if the team's losing, as it gives an angle for the commentator to refer to.

Perhaps it's a surprise for an Amex season ticket holder on holiday during the season and thus not used to seeing home games on the screen?

Well, it's not new and has never been exclusive to us by any stretch of the imagination.

Best to get over it and accept that people have their own reasons for leaving whenever they want.

Whatever one's views, it's not likely to change anytime soon.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I have no problem with people leaving early to get trains, buses and lifts. It is their money they are wasting. As long as they don't linger in the aisles watching the sudden bit of action blocking the view of those staying. Get up and go.

What annoys me more is when I leave on the final whistle, applaud the team as I leave, then see 'fans' on the concourse with a nearly finished pint that they must have left early to buy. Are they that desperate for an alcohol fix to miss the end of the match?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The expat seagulls among us have got quite used to seeing the Amex start to empty before fulltime.

Regularly watching all the 3pm Premier League games simultaneously live in a sports bar has shown that it happens at every other club.

The cameras always pick up on some home fans leaving, especially if the team's losing, as it gives an angle for the commentator to refer to.

Perhaps it's a surprise for an Amex season ticket holder on holiday during the season and thus not used to seeing home games on the screen?

Well, it's not new and has never been exclusive to us by any stretch of the imagination.

Best to get over it and accept that people have their own reasons for leaving whenever they want.

Those of us sitting in WSL see it every game as well - doesn't need the telly to show it. I wouldn't mind but the ****s in the rows in front often do it and obscure the view, especially if they're mid-exit and something interesting starts to happen, so they just stop where they are to carry on watching. Other than that couldn't give a stuff - the Amex crowd is no different than any other. Do what you want - I choose to wait until the team have left the pitch but if I had other commitments or a journey that could be, say, halved by leaving 5 mins earlier then I might feel differently.

Be interesting to see how many incidents goals, and potentially changed results, the '85-minuters' (and the 41-minuters) miss in a season though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Those of us sitting in WSL see it every game as well - doesn't need the telly to show it...the Amex crowd is no different than any other.

Yes indeed. Albion supporters shouldn't believe that the Amex crowd is in some way more fickle than others.

It's the same everywhere, week in week out, up and down the country.

It's not as if people didn't used to leave the Goldstone early - the gates were open with about 15 minutes or so to go and it was even possible to sneak in then!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

For those of us in the stadium, it's very noticeable at EVERY game from 70 minutes onwards. Not one or two, but large numbers sneaking off down each exit in ESU, ESL and WSL.

I know someone who does it he admits to simply avoid the tedious queues. Another family of lifelong fans who are 1901 members and drive down from the Horsham area, leave on 70 minutes to escape the mad dash at the nearest car park (I remember them always staying to the final whistle at Priestfield and Withdean).

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am pretty pissed that none of the people I sit with will go and get the half and full time beers in before the end of the half which means that we end up having to join a massive queue at the end of the half. I wish at least one of them was an alcoholic needing another drink after less than 45 mins without one, would be brilliant not to have to waste time queuing :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have no problem with people leaving early to get trains, buses and lifts. It is their money they are wasting. As long as they don't linger in the aisles watching the sudden bit of action blocking the view of those staying. Get up and go.

What annoys me more is when I leave on the final whistle, applaud the team as I leave, then see 'fans' on the concourse with a nearly finished pint that they must have left early to buy. Are they that desperate for an alcohol fix to miss the end of the match?

The football coming second to liver damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here