Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ‘Story’ songs

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh gawd - I hate these 'black rectangle' threads! Please just put a title on them so I can have an idea whether I want to try to reply just to get the url!

Alternatively, just be a w*nker who uses some sort of device which shows what the black rectangles are, and assumes in their sublime ignorance that the rest of the world can see more than black rectangles!

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Oh gawd - I hate these 'black rectangle' threads! Please just put a title on them so I can have an idea whether I want to try to reply just to get the url!

Alternatively, just be a w*nker who uses some sort of device which shows what the black rectangles are, and assumes in their sublime ignorance that the rest of the world can see more than black rectangles!

David Bowie – Space Oddity (Official Video) - YouTube

The Byrds - Chestnut Mare - YouTube

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned. For me, perhaps the ultimate story song.

Steve Earle and the Dukes - "Billy Austin"

From the same genius

Popped up on Spotify shuffle yesterday. Suspect even when he wrote it in the early noughties (I think post 9/11) the lyrics and themes would have caused controversy but feel Earle is not the sort of guy who would give a f*ck about that.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
From the same genius

Popped up on Spotify shuffle yesterday. Suspect even when he wrote it in the early noughties (I think post 9/11) the lyrics and themes would have caused controversy but feel Earle is not the sort of guy who would give a f*ck about that.

Yep the usual suspects confused writing about a subject with sympathising with it

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

A very fair observation and sorry for overlooking it in my post.

It also helps with searching, if you are looking to see whether someone has already posted a link.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here