[Football] Transfer thread - other clubs

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hateful place.
Hateful fans.
Hateful player.

Might be interesting in that Ashley or Vokes might be available at a cut price.

I really can't see Dyche letting Ashley go, he has become too important to Burnley and their style of play. I liked him when he was with us, but he has matured even more up there l think.

Probably a better player than Rodriguez in my opinion.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Watford looking to boost receipts from shirt sales with their new numbering system...

Capture.PNG

(OK, it's really just an announcement of Doucoure signing on for 5 years...)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I really can't see Dyche letting Ashley go, he has become too important to Burnley and their style of play. I liked him when he was with us, but he has matured even more up there l think.

Probably a better player than Rodriguez in my opinion.

Agree with that. Just wishful thinking on my part. Think he could perform a big role for us still.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Fulham have confirmed the signing of defender Alfie Mawson on a four-year-deal from Swansea

Another good bit of business for Fulham imo

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it was us who helped to get rid of him, not you or I, but a sizebale minority of Brighton fans who helped to propel him through the exit door.
What's more surprising is that there's a couple of us able to look to the Albion's future and be excited, without constantly dragging up adequate players from the past.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Croydon's transfer policy this summer seems to come from the 'beggars can't be choosers' chapter.

Take a risk on a player nobody else wants, but I accept that might come off.
See if a relegated player fancies a quick return to the top flight.
Look for players who may get limited game time because of many other signings.

Could be worse though.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fulham take their transfer spending this summer to over £75m, with more to come.

To contrast, I think we spent £40m last summer. (The PL broadcasting deal is no greater now).

Fulham and Wolves really going for it. It will be interesting to see of this approach keeps them out of the season-long relegation pack. West Ham are doing the same. Last season about 10 clubs were in the relegation mix (Everton and Leicester were never going down). Will it be a much smaller pool this coming season?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Wolves and Fulham will be in serious financial trouble if they get relegated this season - they are taking massive financial gambles!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What's more surprising is that there's a couple of us able to look to the Albion's future and be excited, without constantly dragging up adequate players from the past.

Hang on, who said l wasn't excited about the future? but at the same time there is nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia.

And by the way, I certainly don't 'constantly' drag up players from the past.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wolves and Fulham will be in serious financial trouble if they get relegated this season - they are taking massive financial gambles!

£100m of new TV money per season, which has to cover transfer and agents fees, new player PL level wages and huge pay rises to the existing squad.

Brighton spent about half of it on fees, whereas Fulham are looking to double that on fees alone.

Something doesn't tally financially.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on, who said l wasn't excited about the future? but at the same time there is nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia.

And by the way, I certainly don't 'constantly' drag up players from the past.

Never said you did.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well it was us who helped to get rid of him, not you or I, but a sizebale minority of Brighton fans who helped to propel him through the exit door.

No doubt. As with all clubs, we have a massive amount of tools whose only interest in watching the games are to pick out a scapegoat and jeer them.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Fulham take their transfer spending this summer to over £75m, with more to come.

To contrast, I think we spent £40m last summer. (The PL broadcasting deal is no greater now).

Fulham and Wolves really going for it. It will be interesting to see of this approach keeps them out of the season-long relegation pack. West Ham are doing the same. Last season about 10 clubs were in the relegation mix (Everton and Leicester were never going down). Will it be a much smaller pool this coming season?

I seriously doubt it. Same clubs - West Ham + Burnley. Maybe Leicester.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

They appear to be bringing in quality for most, if not all positions. I think this season is going to be a real dogfight to stay out of the bottom three-for a lot of clubs: us included.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
They appear to be bringing in quality for most, if not all positions. I think this season is going to be a real dogfight to stay out of the bottom three-for a lot of clubs: us included.

Despite what the media will have you believe, I do think both Wolves and Fulham will be down there. When you look at their starting sides, they really are not THAT good in the premier league. No better than the likes of us, Watford, Huddersfield and the other sides expected to struggle. Serri is the only signing that either side have made that has made me think wow, he is the real deal and will move on to a bigger club next year. Apart from that, they're quite 'meh'.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Despite what the media will have you believe, I do think both Wolves and Fulham will be down there. When you look at their starting sides, they really are not THAT good in the premier league. No better than the likes of us, Watford, Huddersfield and the other sides expected to struggle. Serri is the only signing that either side have made that has made me think wow, he is the real deal and will move on to a bigger club next year. Apart from that, they're quite 'meh'.

I hope you are right!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here