Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Such is the dearth of decent creative English midfield talent that Grealish can't be far off Southgate's radar.

If England midfield places were locked down then maybe staying at Villa might be the right move but now the world is his oyster and I would have thought it's time for him to move to a Prem club with European football.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Such is the dearth of decent creative English midfield talent that Grealish can't be far off Southgate's radar.

If England midfield places were locked down then maybe staying at Villa might be the right move but now the world is his oyster and I would have thought it's time for him to move to a Prem club with European football.

Nobody will pay the money Villa want.

I like him as a footballer, but still a red card waiting to happen and rates himself way higher than what he has produced.

Needs to score more goals. Should easily be getting double figures In the championship and I bet he didn't get 4 in the season

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

I like him as a footballer, but still a red card waiting to happen and rates himself way higher than what he has produced.

Needs to score more goals. Should easily be getting double figures In the championship and I bet he didn't get 4 in the season

Correct, he scored three. This is never going to happen for us; far too expensive, and he is deffo not a CH type mentally.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair....oh why be fair?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008

Top player but nut job no doubt. BHA avoid.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Thing is and, in the unlikely event, what would we all say if the club somehow or other signed him.

Would you accept the signing of Jack Grealish on the basis that PS and his team know what they are about ?

The guy is a wonderful talent but with some odious traits. He is only 22 years of age so only getting to grips with himself and would obviously benefit from the interaction of a good, or even brilliant manager and squad, who have a togetherness which does not exist at AV which has signed just about everyone and anyone in the last two years with the sole object of returning to the PL, ( though not JG who is 'home grown') .

We should never ever write off JG or indeed any similar player without due consideratrion !

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Those that wouldn't sign him probably would turn their nose up if we had been offered Gascoigne as a young lad or Frank Worthington (at any age!)

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Villa supposedly quoting 40m to interested parties (!)

SAC

May 21, 2014
If they are stupid enough to stick to that Grealish will be playing Championship football again next season

And Villa will need to find another way to comply with FFP.

He could turn into a player worth £40 million but he certainly isn't anywhere close to being one yet. £15-20 million plus add ons would be my guess as enough to tempt Wolves. Probably announced as undisclosed to keep all parties happy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here