Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what was the reason or the thinking behind...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe McGhee felt we could expose them on the wing. Knight crossed well. Maybe thats why.

If people come to Withdean for a point they'll get it. We don't have enough presence up front.

We can beat Plymouth and Barnsley though because they'll hopefully attack us. Then we can play our game. It's no suprise that our better performances this year have been away from home.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I dont think MM planned it that way, but as we had no natural width on that side (Jones & Piercy both injured) Leon drifted wide to get some decent crosses in and very effective he was too.

It's just a shame that he could not get on the end of his own crosses!!

Paddy B said:
I dont think MM planned it that way, but as we had no natural width on that side (Jones & Piercy both injured) Leon drifted wide to get some decent crosses in and very effective he was too.

It's just a shame that he could not get on the end of his own crosses!!

What a story that last short sentence says too. MM needs to start building around Leon Knight with players who read the game as well as him - or at least try to use LK to show the players we do have how it should be done.
Knight is going to have to curb his own talents in order to suit those around him who can't see possibilities like he does.
That is going to be a waste of his ability - so the sooner the better.

What would be the point in Leon passing into a defence-splitting space when no-one is even thinking about getting into that space?
He is inclined to give the pass he would like to get.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Trigger said:
The divisions top scorer Leon Knight playing as a winger for the entire game?

Discuss...

When you've been watching the Albion long enuf you end up asking this question repeatedly - I've asked it about Peter Ward, Kurt Nogan and Bobby Zamora amongst others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here