Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Vs Middlesbrough *****Official Match Thread*****

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
You just can't make up some of the incredible luck both Burnley and Boro have had, it's just staggering.

That being said 1-1 at half time on the balance of play is probably fair.

If it stays 2 all then that offside could be where their luck changed!
Quite a game this!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Was the offside decision for the final pass? I thought the free kick itself was offside.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Offside!!!!
Dreadful decision - well on-side
Poor Boro

I have sympathy for the linesman on that one, I've run the line before and to look through 3 players to see the distance player is such a tough call, the Boro player in the middle does look a faction off and in the in and out runs of defence and attack, I don't think that is an easy one. A mistake, but I wouldn't call it dreadful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sky talkin shite against the Burnley game

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fair enough to bang on about the disallowed goal. But then a linesman gifted Boro 2 points at QPR the other week when the ball hadn't gone out before Rangers scored, so that's quits.

I have sympathy for the linesman on that one, I've run the line before and to look through 3 players to see the distance player is such a tough call, the Boro player in the middle does look a faction off and in the in and out runs of defence and attack, I don't think that is an easy one. A mistake, but I wouldn't call it dreadful.
I'd call it a brilliant, inspired mistake.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Actually lino was saying he was offside then ran back to an onside position which may be correct. Midds really look like they have a winner in them here to be honest though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here