Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asda Car Park Fine (Brighton Marina)... Any Tips?

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Here's an offer then - if you feel uncomfortable not paying I'll write your appeals for you and you donate £20 to REMF ? That way I can prove a point and your consonance is clear.

Just Pmd you bud re similar situation and will happily donate £20 if u sort my appeals etc out.....PM me back to discuss further if OK.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Hi guys

Sorry to post again but Im a bit confused as to which is the best online template to use for Appeal against Parking Eye 'charges' from Morrisons car park on Edward Street.

Anyone point me to the right one to use pls?
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] & [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] See that your help is for users with 100+ posts and understand that, Ive been a member for a while on here but have only just started posting!! Happy to pay a bit more of donation if helps but if not could you just link to best template for me to use for this appeal.

Appreciate all advice and thanks in advance.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My daughter has just had a ticket from the car park at New England house,just behind Preston Circus.She had actually had a valid ticket but she had one wheel in the next bay to allow someone else to open their door. She had a ticket fine for £100.00. Crooks.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
My daughter has just had a ticket from the car park at New England house,just behind Preston Circus.She had actually had a valid ticket but she had one wheel in the next bay to allow someone else to open their door. She had a ticket fine for £100.00. Crooks.

Which parking firm is always the question?

Sorry to post again but Im a bit confused as to which is the best online template to use for Appeal against Parking Eye 'charges' from Morrisons car park on Edward Street.
The one I showed before, can be used to appeal any private charge - the point is NOT to say who was driving or excuses about vthe 'story of what happened'.

But - with Morrisons, they seem to 'dislike' their contractors ParkingEye (having agreed to a 5 yr contract - utter idiots because M's customers who do not appeal are being sued). Anyway, Morrisons are cancelling all PCNs when a customer complains and have done for about two years.

Email this odd email address which is specially for these Morrisons complaints:

donotreply@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Do the complaint as well as the appeal - do NOT say in either, who parked the car (to be vague, must say things like 'we were genuine shoppers and will never darken your door again if this is not cancelled' etc).

BTW if I help anyone get a private parking ticket cancelled, write your POPLA appeal etc., I do it for free but I also encourage a donation to the REMF or NSC - all good!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My Grandson has just got a ticket from Parking Eye for parking in the Doctors (private land)car park which as you drive in states for Patients Only. He was there on an appointment to see the Doc and there is no payment required. He was unaware that you have to tap in your registration on a machine in the waiting room. This was his first visit since passing his driving test. What should he do? parking 003.JPG

If you stop to read the smaller print, the rear of the car is sticking out into the busy London Road.

Last edited:

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Which parking firm is always the question?

The one I showed before, can be used to appeal any private charge - the point is NOT to say who was driving or excuses about vthe 'story of what happened'.

But - with Morrisons, they seem to 'dislike' their contractors ParkingEye (having agreed to a 5 yr contract - utter idiots because M's customers who do not appeal are being sued). Anyway, Morrisons are cancelling all PCNs when a customer complains and have done for about two years.

Email this odd email address which is specially for these Morrisons complaints:

donotreply@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Do the complaint as well as the appeal - do NOT say in either, who parked the car (to be vague, must say things like 'we were genuine shoppers and will never darken your door again if this is not cancelled' etc).

BTW if I help anyone get a private parking ticket cancelled, write your POPLA appeal etc., I do it for free but I also encourage a donation to the REMF or NSC - all good!

Thks for this and think you also helped out on MSE Forum.....Ive emailed Morrisons and also done the online appeal bit so will keep posted.
Thks again.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
My Grandson has just got a ticket from Parking Eye for parking in the Doctors (private land)car park which as you drive in states for Patients Only. He was there on an appointment to see the Doc and there is no payment required. He was unaware that you have to tap in your registration on a machine in the waiting room. This was his first visit since passing his driving test. What should he do?View attachment 81983

If you stop to read the smaller print, the rear of the car is sticking out into the busy London Road.
They are all 'private land' - it just means not Council land, nothing with any special meaning. Any retail car park or Hospital/clinic, etc. are 'private land'. It amuses me sometimes when people on parking forums post 'I didn't realise it was private land' as if that means something awful...the parking firms want you to think so.

Anyway I've pm'd you and come back if you get rejected but it should be cancelled by the clinic.

As i said in my little rant by pm, that is NOT a good reflection on the clinic.

No wonder they've posted some sort of disclaimer on their website. They are breaching Govt rules by using the litigious monster ParkingEye. This sort of enforcement has not been 'allowed' in English NHS car parks since 2013/14 but PE hope NHS idiot managers don't know that (and they don't) and so PE just rock up in suits pitching their 'ANPR' and telling the clueless clients that they 'will cancel' genuine appeals.

PE are a huge monstrous penalty firm owned by Crapita and these firms are not involved in anything you could describe as parking management. They don't assist people to find a space to park, they don't police disabled bays, they don't maintain car parks, nothing useful at all. They are parasites who just fine people, then they sue people, for ordinary things like taking a bit too long shopping, or not knowing they needed to enter their VRN on some hidden keypad because no-one told them and the signs were not prominent.

All very well for this Clinic to protest on their website 'don't pay, patients do not have to pay a fine' but what the likes of PE know is, many victims are so scared they panic and pay anyway, patients and all. People don't realise they need to complain or appeal, they just panic. Especially old people and the vulnerable.

Despicable. Whoever let PE into that NHS clinic car park needs to hang their head in shame. PE sue people. I've helped someone win a POPLA appeal about that car park once and PE still issued a 'Letter before Claim' (pre-court threat) despite the case being at appeal and they knew it was a genuine patient. They sue tens of thousands of people every year and should be banned, and in fact this sort of 'incentivised fines with no tariff income' penalty regime IS banned from NHS car parks but hey, no-one knows or cares and PE aren't going to tell Practice Managers this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-on-visitors-with-penalty-fines-10047797.html

I despair at that awful Clinic, still hate the way they've treated some people I've helped against PE. The Practice Manager (Cheryl?) reportedly laughed at an elderly couple where the old lady had cancer, when they meekly asked if she would cancel their 'PCN' at that exact clinic. They were scared witless by the parking 'fine'.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
hi [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION]. I got done for staying in car for 26 mins in Gala Bingo carpark off Eastern Road. Received a ticket from Highview Parking. Have previously used this forum to great effect to get off a fine from Parking Eye. I still have a copy of the letter i sent which was very detailed. Would you suggest i use the same formula or are there other letters for different companies in your experience? They hark on about how the Parking Eye v Beavis case have set a precedent for enforceability which i find hard to believe is the full story!

Just to let you all know, [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] got me off this one. Highview didn't even contest the wording when it was sent through POPLA. The legends on Northstand chat have saved me (more accurately my wife!) over £200 in fines from these Parking sharks in the last couple of years. Don't get scared into paying...

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Just to let you all know, [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] got me off this one. Highview didn't even contest the wording when it was sent through POPLA. The legends on Northstand chat have saved me (more accurately my wife!) over £200 in fines from these Parking sharks in the last couple of years. Don't get scared into paying...

No worries, Highview are easy to beat, although they pushed you to POPLA stage so the appeal had to be longer to get shot of them. Glad it worked!

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
So I've just received a PCN from parkingeye for using the Asda marina car park, from what I can gather it's best to speak to the store manager to get it cancelled?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So I've just received a PCN from parkingeye for using the Asda marina car park, from what I can gather it's best to speak to the store manager to get it cancelled?

Have you not read previous posts on this board ???

Anyone starting a post with ‘so........’ deserves everything they get, apparently [emoji23][emoji23]

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Yes, it's the scumbag firm called ParkingEye and you must try a complaint to Asda as your first step. Then try Asda Head Office as 'Plan B'.

Then if Asda are useless, send the appeal from the MoneySavingExpert parking forum NEWBIES FAQS sticky thread, online to PE, choosing 'registered keeper' (if you are) or 'hirer/lessee' (if it's a hired, leased or company car). Never, ever choosing 'DRIVER'. Not adding any words implying who parked.

Then you get to do a POPLA appeal when the disgusting firm reject the appeal, because they can. At POPLA stage it's a far longer appeal but I happen to know that there are pretty much no PE signs in the covered area over behind/under the multi/storey, and PE seem to find it impossible to produce evidence of the covered area, so of course, your POPLA appeal says that's where the keeper thinks the car was parked and includes photos as evidence of no signs there...

Two questions for all PE PCNs -

1. Was it - the original PCN (not any 'reminder' piece of trash) - received by day 14?

2. Does it have the blurb on the back about POFA 2012/registered keeper liability?

PE use two versions of PCNs, for various reasons including lack of staff time to deal with all the fake PCNs volumes they are throwing at innocent, ordinary law abiding people every week, and the late one (without that paragraph on the back) is what the MSE forum dubs a 'golden ticket' (a registered keeper appellant, can't lose as long as the driver is not divulged).

With any fake PCN from some scam private firm, they never have CCTv, no facial recognition, so the driver is only known if an idiot/victim tells them when appealing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I still don't understand. If I drive to the Marina, park in the cinema car park and watch Das Boot and LOTR Return of the King, the Directors cut consecutively, how much will the parking fine be?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I still don't understand. If I drive to the Marina, park in the cinema car park and watch Das Boot and LOTR Return of the King, the Directors cut consecutively, how much will the parking fine be?

Nothing on two counts :

1. It's NOT a fine

2. It's a 4 hour limit in the multi-storey car park but it's not enforced.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A few months ago I received a ticket at Asda Hollingbury and took it back into the store to talk to the manager and the security officer told me that he was an Ex Police Officer and knew the law and said that what I said about it not being a legal PCN was absolute rubbish as the car park was owned and maintained by Brighton Council and came under their jurisdiction. The final outcome was the 'ticket ' was cancelled with no payment made.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A few months ago I received a ticket at Asda Hollingbury and took it back into the store to talk to the manager and the security officer told me that he was an Ex Police Officer and knew the law and said that what I said about it not being a legal PCN was absolute rubbish as the car park was owned and maintained by Brighton Council and came under their jurisdiction. The final outcome was the 'ticket ' was cancelled with no payment made.

Did he mention hidden weapons ? I ask because he's lying about the Hollingbury Asda car park being owned by B&H Council.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here