Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

Do you subscribe to Sky Sports?

• Yes, I subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 107 42.6%
  • No, I do not subscribe to Sky Sports

Votes: 144 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hell no!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No.
If you have sky you can not complain about high wages, fans being priced out of the game etc. You are helping to cause that, you are helping to kill football.

English fans represent a paltry 0.0000000000001% by comparison to Asian Premier League fans ie that horse left a long time ago. In fact, last century. :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No I don't subscribe to Sky Sports.
I also don't go to pubs to watch games shown on Sky, i would rather go to a non league game than watch a game on Sky in a pub.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Only ever do it when they have an offer on as I don't have a great deal of time to watch it. At the mo on half price sports and movies deal for 6 months.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never subscribed.

same here,have a football loving mate that does not go to albion that does,he does not support any premier teams either,and also have a friend who goes to the amex,only supports albion who also subscribes so it takes all sorts..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No.
If you have sky you can not complain about high wages, fans being priced out of the game etc. You are helping to cause that, you are helping to kill football.

Nonsense. Of course you can still complain. It is not the sky money per se that is killing it is how it is being spent. The blame lies with with spineless chairmen, and avaricious agents and footballers thinking they have a right to all the cash in the game.

It really is about time that someone actually said no to mediocre players claiming five to six figure WEEKLY salaries.

It is down to the clubs CHOOSING to spend that sky money windfall on the fleet of flash motors in the training ground carpark rather than investing in the fanbase.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Nonsense. Of course you can still complain. It is not the sky money per se that is killing it is how it is being spent. The blame lies with with spineless chairmen, and avaricious agents and footballers thinking they have a right to all the cash in the game.

It really is about time that someone actually said no to mediocre players claiming five to six figure WEEKLY salaries.

It is down to the clubs CHOOSING to spend that sky money windfall on the fleet of flash motors in the training ground carpark rather than investing in the fanbase.

Well the money's got to go somewhere though? If it doesn't go to the players I'd imagine owners would happily hoard it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes.

I got Sky TV and BT Broadband. Both sports packages.

I added up the total of the two together and it's insane. I need to switch!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Finally cut the cord this week. I binned Sky Movies last year, and cancelled Sports the other day, moving down to their most basic package.

Not through any high-minded principalled f-you to Murdoch or anything. Quite simply, its Kodi. I have it on my TV, and I now have it installed on my laptop. I've seen all the football I wanted to this week, (in fact more, being as Sky didn't even have the European games any more anyway). All in HD. Sure it takes a bit of fishing around sometimes, and its not ALWAYS going to work perfectly. But it sure as hell works well enough for me, and the movies on there are an absolute revelation.

My one concern is the Ryder Cup later this year - if I can't get a decent, reliable feed up for that through Kodi then I'll probably get a temporary pass or something on Sky. But its really just been laziness on my part not doing this far sooner. I can see no point paying huge subscriptions any more when you can get most if not all of it for nothing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm all for getting stuff for free (have never bothered with Sky Movies because of this) but with the amount of sport me and the sprog watch I'm loathe to ditch Sky Sports. Not because I couldn't do Kodi or suchlike but because I LOVE the convenience of having all the sports channels at the press of a button and being able to record / pause / rewind etc.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Been 5 months without the sports channels and don't miss it one little bit....I watch the live Albion games on my pad and that's all I need.If I get to the point where I need to watch games on sky I'll get "now tv" and pay £6.99 for a day pass.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Can we really blame SKY for ruining the game? it is not just them that has pushed the prices up. they have to buy them at a ridiculously high price due to competition for them. they then pass this cost off on to their customers.

It is the same as any business surely? They then have to move the games to be put on TV because of rules in place by the FA/Football league?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can we really blame SKY for ruining the game? it is not just them that has pushed the prices up. they have to buy them at a ridiculously high price due to competition for them. they then pass this cost off on to their customers.

It is the same as any business surely? They then have to move the games to be put on TV because of rules in place by the FA/Football league?

Facing competition from BT, Sky bid ridiculously over the odds to make sure they secured their TV deal for PL and FL coverage (having lost the CL to them). This inevitably leads to the massive inflation in players wages, agents fees and transfer fees. In turn we (the fans) are asked to stump up more and more to watch football either live or on TV. So we can blame Sky and BT for the spiralling costs of watching football.

The FA / Football League don't put any rules in place - they just bend over and take it up the ringer from Sky so that they receive their slice of the TV pie.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Facing competition from BT, Sky bid ridiculously over the odds to make sure they secured their TV deal for PL and FL coverage (having lost the CL to them). This inevitably leads to the massive inflation in players wages, agents fees and transfer fees. In turn we (the fans) are asked to stump up more and more to watch football either live or on TV. So we can blame Sky and BT for the spiralling costs of watching football.

The FA / Football League don't put any rules in place - they just bend over and take it up the ringer from Sky so that they receive their slice of the TV pie.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Absolutely and this, all of it, goes back to the early nineties when the big four wanted to form their breakaway league which eventually became the Premier League.

The league and the FA have repeatedly bottled it in the face of Sky / the PL and their ****ing money and we're the ones who end up getting dicked.

It has to stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here