Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Six Games In, how do you feel about our season so far?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just watched the Spurs game again we just need to be a little more clinical and will be okay and a little bit of luck.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agreed, but there seems to be a consensus on here that if we actually show some attacking intent in this division we'll lose 10-0

Where as in reality, when we have shown attacking intent it's been fruitful in terms of results /performances.

When has sitting 10 men behind the ball actually worked in terms of shutting a team out? I can't think of any games where we haven't ultimately conceded anyway when weve gone all out defensive??

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As things stand I fear we are heading down.

Andone and Isquirdo should give us a bit more of something.

It's not terrible at all but I do fear for us on what I've seen

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we could be getting spanked 5-0 every week and you"d still put a positive spin on it.

Try me. That game v Watford was miserable . One of the worst i've seen for a while (Huddersfield away, Forest away, West Brom away in recent couple of seasons - perhaps match it). That first half against Southampton was even worse. Couldn't string a pass together.
But if you think Albion v Man U, Liverpool, the 2nd half v Spurs, Watford, Saints was "boring" (frustrating maybe that we didn't pick up more points, some argue that this is Hughton's fault etc etc, shouldn't have got into this position in the first place and all that ) - but blimey - thats quite the take.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Where as in reality, when we have shown attacking intent it's been fruitful in terms of results /performances.

When has sitting 10 men behind the ball actually worked in terms of shutting a team out? I can't think of any games where we haven't ultimately conceded anyway when weve gone all out defensive??

At home to Man Utd last season we kept a clean sheet, 3 points and had 31% possession.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Glad to see Knocky back to his best. Duffy improved. Murray continues to defy logic. Ali J looks like he'll be the pass threader we've been crying out for. Everyone else doing fine overall inc. Hughton.

My only concern is that Locadia shows absolutely no sign of worrying a single Premier League defender.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think we're lucky that Cardiff (R) and Huddersfield (R) are so poor. There's only one relegation place up for grabs this season and we should have enough to avoid it being us but we can't keep being so casual. We were casual at Southampton with no real plan or intent and we started the same against Tottenham. We'll roll over at City without really trying to challenge them and then we have to play properly against West Ham because that's a real golden egg of a game.

I like Chris Hughton, he's a classy man with the character we needed to transform us from crap Championship relegation candidates to a stable Premier League club. But does he have the ability/confidence to improve us further? Does he have the confidence in the team to raise the level of expectation and get us challenging Everton for best of the rest club?

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I'm not exactly worried but I'm a little uncertain about our prospects. We're clearly trying to adapt to a different way of playing with more pressure being applied but it's not quite clicking yet. We are making too many mistakes and conceding too many goals and I'm hoping that's because the players are still getting used to the style of play.
My concern is that we'll learn too late and be in a tricky position by the time it clicks or we go back to our more negative style of play from last season. However, I still have faith in Hughton to make the right calls so I'm not in need of nappies just yet.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Try me. That game v Watford was miserable . One of the worst i've seen for a while (Huddersfield away, Forest away, West Brom away in recent couple of seasons - perhaps match it). That first half against Southampton was even worse. Couldn't string a pass together.
But if you think Albion v Man U, Liverpool, the 2nd half v Spurs, Watford, Saints was "boring" (frustrating maybe that we didn't pick up more points, some argue that this is Hughton's fault etc etc, shouldn't have got into this position in the first place and all that ) - but blimey - thats quite the take.

Never said Man U was boring.

Liverpool wasn't exciting sorry, we had 2 shots on target, one being a header in last few minutes. I can understand though how and why we played like that away at Anfield.

I concede there have been better moments in other games, but the tedium out weighs the positive stuff for me, by a long way.

I think this is a good squad of players, and I think they can deliver more than what has been shown so far, and I think the over bearing negative tactics are restricting this team of its full potential.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well I am biased but I look at every game barring the Watford one and think

Last year when we went behind I was never confident of coming back in matches - This year so far we look capable of getting back into any match if we step up our game.

And if we go ahead I feel confident of holding the lead - That was never the case last year

However its only 6 games and a lot of them have been against teams in the top half of the league and we still have some top players still to work their way into the side. Ask me again in December when we have played more of the teams where we have more realistic chances of being around same positions in the league and get a good run of games against.

Why are you biased? We're all biased as Brighton fans :lolol:

Yep, we had good chances to equalise against both Liverpool and Spurs. The first halfs against Saints and Spurs were so passive though, which seemed unnecessary. We haven't found the right way to replace Gross yet, and I'll put both those performances down to that

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All the time Huddersfield , Cardiff and Newcastle are as gash as they have been then the pressure isn't stifling.

If we are to drop into the bottom 3 then sh1t gets real

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think we're lucky that Cardiff (R) and Huddersfield (R) are so poor. There's only one relegation place up for grabs this season and we should have enough to avoid it being us but we can't keep being so casual. We were casual at Southampton with no real plan or intent and we started the same against Tottenham. We'll roll over at City without really trying to challenge them and then we have to play properly against West Ham because that's a real golden egg of a game.

I like Chris Hughton, he's a classy man with the character we needed to transform us from crap Championship relegation candidates to a stable Premier League club. But does he have the ability/confidence to improve us further? Does he have the confidence in the team to raise the level of expectation and get us challenging Everton for best of the rest club?

I think he does, yes.

Do we as fans have the patience needed to allow the club to develop to a point where we are challenging Everton? I hope so

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'm okay, especially given our fixtures. Will be happier when Jose is back, and hopefully Andone can come on and give uspace up top. Our defence has been a little concerning, even though Duffy has improved from last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here