Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not a great advocate of March but last night I thought that he was one that could walk off at half time with his head held up. If only he could do it in the final 1/3rd of the pitch.

March was one of our better players in the first half but his inability to make more than the very occasional decent cross is hurting us imo. I hope Ali J starts against Spurs, he has looked pretty effective in his cameos so far. Whether he can offer the defensive cover March does is an unknown.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The other option is give Knocky a free role behind Murray if Gross isn’t fit. He seems to like to drift all over anyway.

This I would love to see with AJ and Izzy on the wings. Gross centre midfield with Bissouma .......
Back four as last night. Sort of a 4 4 1 1

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Based on last night AJ is ready to start with Solly coming on as a sub.
Sky commentators liked the look of him especially his flick which hit the post.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
March was one of our better players in the first half but his inability to make more than the very occasional decent cross is hurting us imo. I hope Ali J starts against Spurs, he has looked pretty effective in his cameos so far. Whether he can offer the defensive cover March does is an unknown.

I like March but think he could prove more effective from the bench for a couple of games.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I am not a great advocate of March but last night I thought that he was one that could walk off at half time with his head held up. If only he could do it in the final 1/3rd of the pitch.

If only he could keep his head held up when crossing a ball.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Him for solly against the yiddos.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's time that Solly March dropped out of the team, he's been a passenger for too long. Jahanbakhsh should start on saturday, and he should be a first choice player.

Along with Bissouma replacing Propper,
unless we're going to play him as a number 10 in place of Gross, if still injured.

Absurd suggestion. He will be good but not yet ready to replace a player who has been one of our best this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absurd suggestion. He will be good but not yet ready to replace a player who has been one of our best this season.

I agree its not a good suggestion particularly when you consider the partnership he has with Stephens and that Biss is still feeling his way into PL life etc etc....but I'm not sure Propper has been one of our best so far...very good against MU ..but decidedly average against Fulham and from what I saw on the box not brilliant last night....ok against Liverpool....no idea re Watford (where most were crap)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We all know CH is defensively minded. AJ won't get to start (barring injuries) until Chris thinks he's got the defensive shape down pat, and then he's got to play his way into the starting 11.
He might have done that already but I suspect at least a couple more games.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It's time that Solly March dropped out of the team, he's been a passenger for too long. Jahanbakhsh should start on saturday, and he should be a first choice player.

Very much agree.

Along with Bissouma replacing Propper, unless we're going to play him as a number 10 in place of Gross, if still injured.

Really disagree, the shift in momentum in the second half started with CH switching Pröpper and Bissouma’s positions in midfield.

Also Naylor tweeted that he expects Groß to be out for a little while this morning so yeah we’re going to need to improvise Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I must have been watching the wrong team! Both teams wear blue and white stripes (sometimes green), but the one you see has March as one of the best. In mine he has probably only had one good game and that was against Utd. Player with and abundance of talent but not yet the intelligence to use it to consistently good effect!

Stumpy Tim

I must have been watching the wrong team! Both teams wear blue and white stripes (sometimes green), but the one you see has March as one of the best. In mine he has probably only had one good game and that was against Utd. Player with and abundance of talent but not yet the intelligence to use it to consistently good effect!

He wasn't talking about March though, he was clearly talking about Propper

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thought March has had a really strong start to the season, looks physically more up to it, and up until Monday was really showing why CH has shown a bit of faith. That said Ali J has come on v Fulham & Saints and shown some real pace and attacking threat. Would imagine it’s going to be really close between them on who starts Saturday.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Needs - and deserves - a start imo too. He looks very talented from what we've seen so far, and unfortunately March, despite definitely showing improvement, still hasn't really shown he's good enough despite having God knows how many chances now. Offensively just doesn't offer enough - I'm perplexed at how poor his crossing can be for a winger at that level for a start!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Needs - and deserves - a start imo too. He looks very talented from what we've seen so far, and unfortunately March, despite definitely showing improvement, still hasn't really shown he's good enough despite having God knows how many chances now. Offensively just doesn't offer enough - I'm perplexed at how poor his crossing can be for a winger at that level for a start!

Yep, hard to believe a player who has oodles of skill and trickery can be completely incapable of looking up and laying in a decent cross more than once every few games. Incredibly frustrating to watch as he has so much to offer with other aspects of his game. Must drive GM fecking crazy.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hmmmm

I'm sure he crossed for muzzas first v man u and for the gross chance at Liverpool ?

I'm not a Solly fan but his defensive work is massively important. I think hughton would be making a mistake dropping him for spurs.

In saying that I would love to see more of Ali j

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here