Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many points to stay up?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
5 wins to stay up.

3 home games we pretty much have to win if we want any chance are West Ham, Swansea and Huddersfield.

This leaves us needing 2 wins away. If you can't us seeing winning 2, then maybe drawing 3 and winning 1. Where might these come from? Southampton, Stoke, Burnley and Palace. If no away win, then we'll need to look at beating Leicester at home.

We could end up having to win at Palace to stay up. Win at Southampton and Stoke, and win our 3 'winnable' home games, then that won't be necessary and we would have secured another season in the PL.

Tbh, I can't really see us winning away, but I'm more confident about Southampton away then Stoke away.

We've seen us pull off great escapes before, so it is doable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
|I cannot see where the next win is going to come from. Ok when he is fit Lokadia may score us some goals but our defence which was our strength is now very poor and letting us down. The CBs along with the fullbacks have been rumbled and being played on and exposed as our weakness.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've got us staying up with the most celebrated 0-0 draw away at Burnley!

Think we will probably be ok, mainly as the rest of the teams around us also have devilishly difficult fixtures and then seem to play each other in the scrap.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
On a simple points per game extrapolation from now.
Eighteenth place has 22 points -divide by 24 x 38 = 34.8333.
So currently 35 points needed with a decent goal difference, or 36 needed with our goal difference.
Easy innit?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Palace mate of mine says they will happily score in their own net last game of the season. It's at home to WBA save you looking it up.
Must not lose Saints, Leicester, Burnley = 3 points
Must beat Hammers, Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield = 12 points
Shirt swopping Arsenal, Everton, Man City, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool = 0 points
That is 38 points and leaves only Palace away.

Isn't that the usual way the Fleagles lose?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any:-

DUOiRL4X0AAO8Jg.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Only got 1 new bloke so far and he's out injured until WH/Stoke game at earliest.

Who were the two who caused all the problems and scored all the goals against the Sunderland reserves ?
I thought they were new guys......................maybe I should keep up.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Palace mate of mine says they will happily score in their own net last game of the season. It's at home to WBA save you looking it up.
Must not lose Saints, Leicester, Burnley = 3 points
Must beat Hammers, Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield = 12 points
Shirt swopping Arsenal, Everton, Man City, Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool = 0 points
That is 38 points and leaves only Palace away.

I've read some rubbish on here over the years, written a fair bit of it too! but what I have highlighted pretty much beats all of it! if it was meant as a joke then fair enough......But I don't think it is?

SAC

May 21, 2014
I've read some rubbish on here over the years, written a fair bit of it too! but what I have highlighted pretty much beats all of it! if it was meant as a joke then fair enough......But I don't think it is?

With each place worth something like £1.2 million, it would never happen.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We could end up having to win at Palace to stay up.

We've seen us pull off great escapes before, so it is doable.

With a striker who can kick a ball at the goal, we can win at Palace.

This season is/will never be anything like as significant as the 90's. Not many at the club now will ever be in a situation like that.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The worry now is that Stoke have started to play and Southampton looked pretty tidy against Spurs the other night too. Suddenly the banker wins are disappearing too...

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If you don't do any scores and just let it calculate itself, we end up 17th on 34, 3 clear of Newcastle. Yes please.

I think it changes every time you do it. When i did that, it had us relegated on 33 points.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
If you don't do any scores and just let it calculate itself, we end up 17th on 34, 3 clear of Newcastle. Yes please.

I really believe that's the way the Premier League should sort out the league table. Clean, simple, fuss-free. I'm all for it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think it could be as low as 32 this year.

Have a play on the predictor below and you can see that if the table remains skewed as it is with the bottom 10/11 not taking many off the top 9, 31/32 may be just enough.

If we get nothing at saints or stoke it will be tricky. However, a point at each could be acceptable as long as we get home wins v Huddersfield and Swansea (by which time locadia may be firing).

Prem table calculator: http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

Thread is no good w/o a poll

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here