Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So FED UP with Knockaert

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not convinced he's having a more tougher time than Jose or Solly - the standard is higher and just because Knocky can't take the piss out of Champ defenders any more doesn't mean he isn't contributing. My heart always sinks when he's not in the starting line-up

Izquierdo is a cut above imo and although March has the skills he’s sometimes a bit thick with the final ball which makes him the most frustrating of the three,

Izquierdo is a cut above imo and although March has the skills he’s sometimes a bit thick with the final ball which makes him the most frustrating of the three,

Jose has been regularly left out by Hughton and has had loads of waste of money threads on here. Don't get the difference really but Jose and Knocky would be my starting pair

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As per the thread about the team for Swansea I would start with either 1 of the 3 with the other two on the bench as I believe that Schellotto and Bong coupled with the 1 wide man and occasionally Locadia can provide most of the ball for whoever is in or around the box.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's telling that he's deleted his Twitter account. I'm not saying it's all Brighton fans because were are some nasty trolls who were bringing up his father's death constantly.
It was only because of the trolls gleefully bringing up his father's death constantly.
They weren't the only ones constantly bringing it up, and sadly for modern society the outcome was in no way surprising.

I hope he's getting/has got the help he was clearly crying out for, I'll hazard a guess AK is no longer fueled by grief of a thousand sons which has also had an effect of his form.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jose has been regularly left out by Hughton and has had loads of waste of money threads on here. Don't get the difference really but Jose and Knocky would be my starting pair

The difference is that Izquierdo has scored several vital PL goals and assists, plus he unsettles PL defences. March hasn't, but at his age time is on his side.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think March will play for England in time.He has adapted slightly better to PL than AK but of course there is still time for AK to hit a rich vein of form. March is not the finished article but has time on his side, he certainly isn’t the delicate injury player 2 years ago and I really hope he goes on to reach his full potential and that AK works through his issues.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazes me how people watching the radio can form any sort of worthwhile punditory , do you know how many off the ball runs he made to make space for other players ? One of which took 2 defenders away from a missed chance for Locadia , it’s shit guesswork gobbledegook moan ups like this that are just embarrassing to see especially when not even at the game ! He was very frustrated yesterday, anybody that was actually there could see that but he kept going and hasn’t once let the club down with petulant non performances , He’s a player people pay to watch and more often than not he delivers , have a nice walk in the sunshine and cheer up a bit , the club are in the quarter finals of the FA Cup ffs .

I was at the game, but looked at the David Pleat commentary at half time and afterwards on the BBC site.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have stopped after giving thumbs up to four posts - not the first one obviously. We all have bad times so I would say let's give Knocky a break rather than criticising him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Instead of being petulant, I think that I would watch replays of the games to see what aspects of my game that could do with improvement, a bit like self help.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The difference is that Izquierdo has scored several vital PL goals and assists, plus he unsettles PL defences. March hasn't, but at his age time is on his side.

But March has, too.

Despite mostly only getting the nod for away games, when we are set up less attacking on the whole, he HAS still contributed to goals - scoring at Bournemouth, winning the penalty at Saints, and creating Izquierdo's goal at Stoke, just off the top of my head.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But March has, too.

Despite mostly only getting the nod for away games, when we are set up less attacking on the whole, he HAS still contributed to goals - scoring at Bournemouth, winning the penalty at Saints, and creating Izquierdo's goal at Stoke, just off the top of my head.

A deflection eh?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But March has, too.

Has he? He scored once at Bournemouth when Gross put it on a plate for him, in a game we ended up losing. Nothing against March, one of my favourite players.

He also didn't create Izqueirdo's goal at Stoke. Stephens got the last deft touch for the assist, predictably anulled from most albion fans memory. In fact, I'm not even sure March has had an assist all season.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Has he? He scored once at Bournemouth when Gross put it on a plate for him, in a game we ended up losing. Nothing against March, one of my favourite players.

He also didn't create Izqueirdo's goal at Stoke. Stephens got the last deft touch for the assist, predictably anulled from most albion fans memory. In fact, I'm not even sure March has had an assist all season.

1. March's GOAL at Bournemouth doesn't 'count' because we lost? :dunce:

2. You don't count winning a penalty as an assist? Bizarre.

3. I didn't state he 'got the assist' for the goal at Stoke. I said he created it. And he did - it was his clever turn on halfway that opened up that whole passage of play, then decent movement and a perfect 1-2 to release Jose into the box (followed of course, as you rightly state, by Stephens adding another).

4. I don't judge wingers by assists - its a stupid metric to use. Chances created are what it is about - March put two on an absolute plate on Saturday, after beating his man and getting into the box, to the line, and pulling it back - in the first half for Locadia (who swung and missed from 6 yards), and the second for Knockaert (who controlled it then passed a yard wide, with half the goal at his mercy). That they missed doesn't alter the quality of the winger's contribution one little bit.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1. March's GOAL at Bournemouth doesn't 'count' because we lost? :dunce:

Wow that's putting words in my mouth. Not sure i'm the dunce on this one, based on the post you replied to, you suggested that March has scored/assisted vital goals. The only reason I mentioned we lost is because that goal can't really be considered vital. (*Disclamer until 13th May if GD matters).

2. You don't count winning a penalty as an assist? Bizarre.

I said I wasn't sure, and yes it appears that is his only assist.

3. I didn't state he 'got the assist' for the goal at Stoke. I said he created it. And he did - it was his clever turn on halfway that opened up that whole passage of play, then decent movement and a perfect 1-2 to release Jose into the box (followed of course, as you rightly state, by Stephens adding another).

Semantics. How far back do you go in a passage of play to claim someone has created it? He contributed, no doubt.

4. I don't judge wingers by assists - its a stupid metric to use. Chances created are what it is about - March put two on an absolute plate on Saturday, after beating his man and getting into the box, to the line, and pulling it back - in the first half for Locadia (who swung and missed from 6 yards), and the second for Knockaert (who controlled it then passed a yard wide, with half the goal at his mercy). That they missed doesn't alter the quality of the winger's contribution one little bit.

No disagreements there. March has played well and has deserved his place in the side.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
:lolol:

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Fair play to him today, he did just about everything you could have asked of him. There is definitely a PL player in there, and his performances throughout our little unbeaten run have steadily improved, hopefully more to come

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
knocky.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here