Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Haha Benitez was the manager that froze out then sold alonso who went on to have numerous amazing seasons at the top level. I am not comparing Mitrovic with Alonso but please don't fall for the Benitez myth!
Absolutely this, worst piece of business I can think of by a top flight manager.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
£10m + £1m per goal on the proviso that we stay up. Sounds fair to me. Get him in.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Its not great. However its going to be hard to beat Chelsea selling Kevin de Bruyne for 18m and Mohammad Salah for 13m.
to be fair I didn't know they had :) (I stopped keeping up so much with the ins and outs of the Premier League for a while until we got in it) so you're probably right

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its not great. However its going to be hard to beat Chelsea selling Kevin de Bruyne for 18m and Mohammad Salah for 13m.

Inter Milan ditching Coutinho for £8.5m was another.

With Chelsea, their old transfer committee headed by Emanalo and the chief exec handled all player dealings. Passing head coaches had far less say, following the euro model.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Didn't he also sell Torres and buy Andy Sicknote?

That was actually their beloved King Kenny! In fairness, I'm not sure he had much say in the transfers then and they did also sign Luis Suarez for £23 million then.

Back on topic, apparently we offered £8 million which they've turned down. They don't want to sell to a relegation scrap rival.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great! Where was our recruitment team when these deals were on? We could at least taken one of them on loan, couldn't we?

(Need an 'only joking' emoji)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was actually their beloved King Kenny! In fairness, I'm not sure he had much say in the transfers then and they did also sign Luis Suarez for £23 million then.

Back on topic, apparently we offered £8 million which they've turned down. They don't want to sell to a relegation scrap rival.

Torres insisted on moving to Chelsea. No one could stop it. Players hold ALL the aces in modern football.

The same with VVD, Sanchez, Countinho, Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo leaving ManU, etc etc. The best clubs can hope for is a delay of 1 or 2 windows, but sometimes clubs end up with a disruptive influence.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
....We might well get relegated......But we will not be sleepwalking to the championship with this mans passion.......and we are going to need bucket loads.....and not lame excuses on twitter ,after a defeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here