Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disgrace

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not sure what you mean? As in with a far higher % of kids now supporting the Albion over the big teams since the Amex? If so then yeah i do realise this should gradually change with us, which is great!

So you did know what I mean.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Obviously smacking the **** is,unfortunately no longer an option so the rest of his afternoon should have been made as uncomfortable as possible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea fan giving proper large when they scored the first then wanted to argue with everyone as to why he had a RIGHT to support his team apparently.
He was quite an oldish bloke, home corner of the south a few rows behind me. STH territory.
I just wanted it to be about 1982 again and he would have been leaving head first..... No one can do anything now as CCTV is everywhere, it's not worth it, and they know it.

I thought the stewards were supposed to remove opposition fans in the Home end when they over celebrate? Did they even have a word with this chap?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I couldn’t get to the match today but watched on tv. Did go to Saracens later in the afternoon. Next to me was a Northampton fan, vocal throughout. Good atmosphere, home fans very vocal, all friendly. But that’s rugby, fans mix, they drink beer watching the game. The culture of footy is far more tribal, and it’s more interesting for that. The EPL is sucking the life out of that slowly but hopefully they will fail. I am with you, at football home fans in the home end, away fans have their own end. If your away and go into a home end, sit on your hands and keep respectfully quiet or risk being ejected

Exactly. I sat with my mate in the home end at WBA as I couldn’t get an away ticket. I basically sat down all game rather quietly.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Was in the home end at West Ham this season.
An ex work colleague had a spare ticket so went with him

Kept my mouth shut (more or less)..
Not easy during that game, but you don't take the piss.

If I had, I would have expected to be kicked out.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I had 2 of my best mates who are Chelsea fans sitting with me in the 1901, they were totally respectful of their location amongst us bha fans and thought we were a very good team as well. Think you are a normal Human being you can watch a game with opposing fans without the need to punch or abuse them. They also bought the drinks after, well
They bloody well needed to. They thought Chelsea were totally flattered by the scoreline and given a bit of luck we could have had a few goals. It was not a 0-4 game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had 2 of my best mates who are Chelsea fans sitting with me in the 1901, they were totally respectful of their location amongst us bha fans and thought we were a very good team as well. Think you are a normal Human being you can watch a game with opposing fans without the need to punch or abuse them. They also bought the drinks after, well
They bloody well needed to. They thought Chelsea were totally flattered by the scoreline and given a bit of luck we could have had a few goals. It was not a 0-4 game.

I had Chelsea fans texting that it wasn’t a 0-4 game, but it’s easy to be magnanimous after such a clear cut win.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Away fans in the home end.
Some people get it ( like you ) and some people hate it ( like me )
..... and some people point out that's against stadium regulations... just saying.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
So I 'think' you're taking the piss, whatever.

Anyway I'm so looking forward to the potential scenario of Man U fans being all over the place for our last home match of the season because dickheads sell them their tickets or buy for them, no doubt jumping up and down in people's faces at the goals which could potentially relegate us that day.
Young Albion fans will end up getting banned (I won't I'm too old now) and that will be OK though yeah?
Well be down by that game..... so not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Disgraceful. Name and shame the ticket seller.

We had one sitting in the West stand upper, this seat is not held by a season ticket holder and has been filled by a different face each game.
So I suppose Mr Barber and his organization have sold it to away fans on at least three matches this season. So are the club really interested in home tickets being sold to away fans, I doubt it, it is £ note's to Mr Barber.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We had one sitting in the West stand upper, this seat is not held by a season ticket holder and has been filled by a different face each game.
So I suppose Mr Barber and his organization have sold it to away fans on at least three matches this season. So are the club really interested in home tickets being sold to away fans, I doubt it, it is £ note's to Mr Barber.
It’s probably someone who’s acquired a season ticket then sells the seat for most home games .

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Corporate hospitality sales over ride any concern about opposition fans mixing with Albion fans. I imagine the club were delighted at the number of fans who relinquished their 1901 seats on renewal as very few of them took advantage of the very high prices for hospitality in the last couple of years of the five year contract. I think a load of these relinquished seats were held back for packages and the club really don’t seem to care who buys them as long as they can fill them at a grossly inflated price over the season ticket prices.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Next time don't say a word but engineer a time and place when you can crack him across the back of his head with your elbow like Basil with the horrendous kid in Fawlty Towers and go "Sorry mate, slipped.".

Called the 'Sidwell manouvre' :lolol:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

A couple in the 1901 East stand giving it large when they scored ,and then gesturing to Albion fans,stewards looked at them and got on with gurning at people .
And not a prawn sandwich or tie in sight from them ...very disrespectful .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A HUUUGE amount of hypocrisy here considering how many Brighton fans go in the home end of games up and down the country, including loads trying to buy tickets for our game at Villa last year.

If its alright for us to do it then its alright for them to do it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here