Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Chelsea (H)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He won a lot and gave it straight back to Chelsea. No forward drive at all. Two stand out players for us today were Schelotto and Propper. March was decent. Duffy was dreadful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree re the players you highlight except I thought Stephens was much better than Propper and used the ball really well. I must have missed some things in the game he did badly though as nobody seems to agree with me :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With 6 as acceptable.

Ryan 6 no cight are nohance with any of the goals
Schelotto 8 Good all round performance and no compoetition for MOM for us.
Goldson 6 Best of the 3 CBs
Duffy 4 Awful showed that guts and fight are no substitute for skill and ability.
Dunk 5 Same as Duffy but slightly better but not much.
Sutner 6 Not helped by those insde of him but not the worse player.
March 7 Tried hard but things didnt go for him
Propper 7.5 One of his best games for us.
Stephens 6.5 Kept trying but out fought in midfield
Gross 5 Annonymous
Hemed 5 Very disappointing especially the free header straight at the keeper showe he cant hack this division. I step too high.

Subs
Kayal 6 Did as well as expected
Murray 6 Showed more in his 22 mins than Hemed did in his 68
Izquierdo N.A Not on long enouyghy but didnt do anything iof note when he was on.

CH 6 Changed it around buit unfortunately they were too quick, too skilful and outclassed us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan 6 Could do nothing about the goals and kept the score down in the first half

Schelotto 9 Marauding and exciting. Our most potent threat.
Dunk 5 Some misplaced passes and lacked his usual composure
Duffy 3 Has looked a shadow of himself since returning from the ROI. Looks like a mistake waiting to happen and is the worst attacking header of a ball!
Goldson 5 Didn't notice him at all
Suttner 6 Decent but stranded. I felt Bong would have suited the wing back role a bit better

Stephens 6 Decent
Propper 7 Got forward well and tried to make a difference
Gross 4 Very poor today. Took too many touches and slowed play down.
March 7 One of his better games. Attacked well and defended well too

Hemed 6 Isolated and should have buried his header

Hughton 7 Changed it up and we looked more assertive. Should be worried about the 14 miles of space given to Hazard. Needs to tell defender to STOP BACKING OFF!

Ref 2 F***ing useless

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 6
Schelloto 8
Dunk 7
Duffy 5
Goldson 6
Suttner 6
March 6
Stephens 5
Propper 7
Gross 4
Hemed 5

D

Deleted member 2719

Ryan- 6
Goldson-5
Duffy-4
Dunk-6
Schelotto- 7
Suttner-6
Stephens-6
Propper-7
Gross-7
March-8
Hemed-6

Murray- 5
Kayal-5
Izquierdo- didn't get long enough so no mark

Hughton-7 for going for the attack with the right personnel to start.
However the introduction of Murray and Kayal put us on the back foot, needed Sammy and Jose early IMO, i would have had Hünemeier on for Duffy after 60mins.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Thought Stephens was brilliant today and won a lot... looks like most people didn’t see it that way though!

The trouble with Stephens is that almost every good tackle or pass is followed by a square or backward ball or a loss of possession.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Every single poster so far has voted the greyhound as mom.
Bang on.
I can’t remember a game when one player has been so clearly better than everyone else.

Was the only player who wasn't prepared to be overawed by Chelsea. Go on him. Perhaps it's a mentality more should adopt, instead of just being happy to be on the same pitch as the opposition.

Unless we change our mentality towards these games we WILL be relegated.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Was the only player who wasn't prepared to be overawed by Chelsea. Go on him. Perhaps it's a mentality more should adopt, instead of just being happy to be on the same pitch as the opposition.

Unless we change our mentality towards these games we WILL be relegated.

100%. Massive difference in attitude to the others, some of whom looked beat from the get go.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
With 6 as acceptable.

Ryan 6 no cight are nohance with any of the goals
Schelotto 8 Good all round performance and no compoetition for MOM for us.
Goldson 6 Best of the 3 CBs
Duffy 4 Awful showed that guts and fight are no substitute for skill and ability.
Dunk 5 Same as Duffy but slightly better but not much.
Sutner 6 Not helped by those insde of him but not the worse player.
March 7 Tried hard but things didnt go for him
Propper 7.5 One of his best games for us.
Stephens 6.5 Kept trying but out fought in midfield
Gross 5 Annonymous
Hemed 5 Very disappointing especially the free header straight at the keeper showe he cant hack this division. I step too high.

Subs
Kayal 6 Did as well as expected
Murray 6 Showed more in his 22 mins than Hemed did in his 68
Izquierdo N.A Not on long enouyghy but didnt do anything iof note when he was on.

CH 6 Changed it around buit unfortunately they were too quick, too skilful and outclassed us.

Re Solly March he tries but when was the last time he provided sufficient service to our forwards. IMO he is not & never will be a Prem player of any worth

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ryan 7

Goldson 6
Dunk 8
Duffy 5
Sutner 6

Stephens 6
Propper 6
Gross 6
March 6
Schelotto 10

Hemed 5

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan- 6
Goldson-5 played ok
Duffy-3 needs a rest. Personally don't think he is a better footballer than Goldson or BFG. yes he can be very strong but not the last 5 games or so. If we revert to 4 please pick Goldson.
Dunk-6 always rated him though never thought he was an instant England player. The Pl has shown up some of his weaknesses BUT he still is a major talent and is still developing
Schelotto- 8.5 immense performance , maybe not as technically good as Bruno but makes up for that in pace and his attitude today was brilliant worthy MOTM
Suttner-6 a much better choice than Bong , makes mistakes but a much calmer influence who is prepared to go forward and make decisions
Stephens-6 - being found out a bit but still contributes a lot.
Propper-7.5 very good performance today. Would love to see him play further forward so to me it has to be a 3 man CM group to allow this
Gross-6 runs a lot, crosses very well form standing positions but his decision making can be bad and is slow.
March-7 looked better but no real output (one tame shot on goal)
Hemed-5 poor game from him today

Murray- 5 did nothing to change the game and keeps going far too wide
Kayal-6 ok
Izquierdo- needs to have come on with 30 mins to play. Again walked off dejected...

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 7.5 - Kept us in (most of) the game. Again
Goldson 5.5
Duffy 5 - has needed a rest for months
Dunk 6
Jesus 8 MoTM - fantastic attitude, showed Chelsea no respect at all
Stephens 4.5
Propper 7.5
Groß 5.5
Suttner 6.5
March 6
Hemed 5

Murray 6
Kayal 6
Izquierdo 6

For ten minutes the defence in particular gave them an embarrassing amount of respect. For an hour after that, Jesus & a few others gave them a prop(p)er game.
I thought all the subs improved us, so I'd start the next game as we finished this one (with Uwe for Shane).

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 7 - Good

Suttner 4 - Poor
Dunk 5 - Average
Duffy 4 - Poor
Goldson 5 - Average
Schelotto 8 - Great

Propper 6 - Above Average
Stephens 3 - Very Poor

March 6 - Above Average
Gross 5 - Average

Hemed 2 - Hopeless

Subs: All average 5

Manager 5 - Average today, good system change I thought but loses 2 marks for not starting Murray who would of converted that header no questions asked and also bringing Kayal on for Gross when chasing the game?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I hate watching my team get beaten 4 nil, but at least we showed some fight and ambition for a good part of the game. However we will be relegated if we keep giving the ball to the opposition. Today it was mostly Stephens and Duffy.

Ryan 7. Don't think he could have done anything about the goals. Some very good saves, but a couple of kicks straight into touch which is unacceptable.
Goldson 7. Thought he was the best of the back three. Pretty good considering only his second 90mins after his injury.
Dunk 5. Well below his best I thought.
Duffy 3. Poor game. Needs to be dropped. If we play two centre backs it should be Dunk and Goldson. If three then add Hunemeir.
Schelotto 9. Great performance. Top marks for attitude, energy, skill, attacking intent and defending. Only one poor pass that I recall. MOM.
Suttner 6. Did OK without standing out.
Stephens 4. Gave the ball away far too often ... again ..., too often passed sideways or backwards when forward options were there, too slow both mentally and physically. Needs to be dropped for Kayal.
Propper 7. Agree with others that possibly one of his best games for us.
March 7. Upped his game today. One poor shot, but overall one of our best players.
Gross 6. OK, but nothing brilliant.
Hemed 5. Just not up to Premier League standard.

Subs:
Murray 5. Didn't have much chance to shine. Should have started.
Kayal 6. Brought some much needed energy into the team. Should have started.
Izquierdo N/A. Not on long enough to rate. Should have been given 20 mins.

Unless we get the basics right, starting with passing the ball to our own players, we will be down there in the thick of the relegation fight at the end of the season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I just hope Hughton doesn't bin that formation after today, Chelsea were very good, especially Hazard, but i think against most teams we will win more than we lose playing like that, on another day that game could have been 5-5.

As for the individual performances, Schelotto has to keep his place after that performance, but its Boro in the cup next so god knows what team will be put out.

I liked seeing March in the middle, or was it just having a player closer to Hemed, thought Solly did very well considering its not his normal role, however surely Baldock should have been given that role, if not then he should have been on for March around 60 minutes when Solly was starting to tire.

Time for Kayal to replace Stephens in my opinion and thats not just on todays performance, Stephens has been poor all season, constantly giving away free kicks just outside the box with silly tackles and his passing has been woeful.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 7 - kept the score down
Goldson 5
Dunk 5
Duffy 3
Suttner 6
Schelotto 8 MoM
Stephens 5
Propper 7. Much better playing more forward
Gross 6
March 7
Hemed 5 Tries harder than anyone else on the pitch but has run out of steam

Kayal 6 but asked to play in wrong psition for him
Murray n/a
Jose n/a - CH really doesn't rate him does he? But he is our one unpredictable potential game changer

Had they actually practiced playing three at the back? none of Dunk Goldson or Duffy seemed to know what they were doing. Would have been better to have played Hunemieir in the middle of a back 3.

There are not three worse teams than us in the PL

Interesting that you rated Kayal and not Murray considering that they came on at the same time...

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I just hope Hughton doesn't bin that formation after today, Chelsea were very good, especially Hazard, but i think against most teams we will win more than we lose playing like that, on another day that game could have been 5-5.

As for the individual performances, Schelotto has to keep his place after that performance, but its Boro in the cup next so god knows what team will be put out.

I liked seeing March in the middle, or was it just having a player closer to Hemed, thought Solly did very well considering its not his normal role, however surely Baldock should have been given that role, if not then he should have been on for March around 60 minutes when Solly was starting to tire.

Time for Kayal to replace Stephens in my opinion and thats not just on todays performance, Stephens has been poor all season, constantly giving away free kicks just outside the box with silly tackles and his passing has been woeful.
Absolutely my thoughts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here