Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
By the sound of things our " Booming Economy " is based upon lots of people working their nuts off to stand still and will continue to do so. One of the girls at work finally managed to get a rented place of her own for her and her 5 year old son. It's going to cost her £750 a month on her crap wages, she is already trapped and locked in to having to rent all her life unless she benefits from a Will. This is our future. I take home £1200 a month and am incredibly lucky I have no rent or mortgage to pay otherwise I would be F@@@ed. We have a low wage economy where people are constantly struggling and this budget will change nothing.

I've never heard whingeing such as is coming from the remoaners, desperate for things to go wrong, but utterly disappointed as we see inflation falling, unemployment down, borrowing down and high street spending up. Yet the left leaning media come sup with, but the experts say that its going to go wrong, Just in Time the former Sainsbury boss tells us that food will go up 5% and the knowledge void Sky reporters tell us that we're in for a hard time.
Why not ask the average man, venture into a sink estate, go onto the factory line or trudge onto a building site and ask real people what they think and want, because the British and I include the Polish and Albanian workers I have see it very differently from the experts. The more this propaganda from the media continues the more resolute the Brexiteers become. If I was to go to war again, I wouldn't be taking any remainers with me, no stomach,no resolve and unable to take an order. Looking forward to Brexit, can't wait for article 50 to be invoked.

[MENTION=26606]Brighton Mod[/MENTION]. Unless you can square your comment with [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION]s I will assume you are a nasty selfish and insensitive piece of work. I'll give you the morning to do so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Moaning everybody.

You're the one who keeps going on day after day at the moment. Is your life and work a bit boring?

D

Deleted member 22389

You're the one who keeps going on day after day at the moment. Is your life and work a bit boring?

My life is fine compared to six months ago when my wife got made redundant and we where two months away from not being able to make our mortgage payment, the redundancy had nothing to do with Brexit before anyone gets excited. We are now earning more money than before, so things are on the up. With her skilled salaried job, and my low skilled immigrant wage we will be OK regardless of all the doom and gloom merchants out there. If needs be I will go and get a second job, because we have to accept the economy and grab what we can.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Philip Hammond conceded that Brexit would blow a £59bn black hole in the public finances over the next five years"

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My life is fine compared to six months ago when my wife got made redundant and we where two months away from not being able to make our mortgage payment, the redundancy had nothing to do with Brexit before anyone gets excited. We are now earning more money than before, so things are on the up. With her skilled salaried job, and my low skilled immigrant wage we will be OK regardless of all the doom and gloom merchants out there. If needs be I will go and get a second job, because we have to accept the economy and grab what we can.

Well said that man. Glad to see you have turned things around good luck and hope it goes well for you. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well said that man. Glad to see you have turned things around good luck and hope it goes well for you. :thumbsup:

Disappointing he feels he has to accept the economic situation and it's glaring inequalities though. Don't you think?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

:thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
"Philip Hammond conceded that Brexit would blow a £59bn black hole in the public finances over the next five years"

Yes we know, apparently its all part of project fear 2.0....

Alas, I've just read in Express whilst waiting for the dentist. Its clearly targeted at old people who are disconnected from reality,

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You really should pass the info on to them though, they are in the small minority. It sounds like it would do them some good to realise they are not the centre of some entitled universe..

What a patronising and dickish thing to say. My family have a smaller sense of entitlement than almost any people I know. It was drummed into them from the beginning. And 48 per cent doesn't look that small tbh.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
View attachment 79703

Takes me back to the halcyon days when Gordon Brown "lost £9billion" on a bullion deal and Alasdair Darling was going to send our debt soaring, the pound would plummet and we would have to go cap in hand to the IMF.

View attachment 79705

Furtunately Brexit and a Tory government has saved us from all of that.[/QUOT]

Ah the hoary old chestnut of Gordon brown being unable to see into the future.

Post. Office.

Undervalued by investment bankers.

Sold cheaply mostly to those same investment bankers.

Sold on at its true value by those investment bankers.

Making a handsome profit.

For investment bankers.

Rip roaring success that was for the tax payer!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Nigel Works Out His Future.

Farage has told friends he's emigrating. How personally sensible of him.

That calls for a song:

We're only making plans for Nigel
We only want what's best for him
Nigel just needs this helping hand
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his work
He has his future in a British steel
Nigel's whole future is as good as sealed
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his work
Nigel is not outspoken
But he likes to speak
And loves to be spoken to
Nigel is happy in his work

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really should pass the info on to them though, they are in the small minority. It sounds like it would do them some good to realise they are not the centre of some entitled universe..

What a nasty think to say about someone's family. This is a bit out of order. I hope you apologised.

(Quite a few right wingers showing their true colours at the moment)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What a nasty think to say about someone's family. This is a bit out of order. I hope you apologised.

(Quite a few right wingers showing their true colours at the moment)
HT , me and you are on friendly terms at the moment, and for that I am glad , don't know if you're going Saturday but I am meeting Lokki for a beer , would be good if you could come along ? But for you to be pulling people up on nasty personal comments is akin to Ian Brady suddenly starting work for the NSPCC :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
View attachment 79703

Takes me back to the halcyon days when Gordon Brown "lost £9billion" on a bullion deal and Alasdair Darling was going to send our debt soaring, the pound would plummet and we would have to go cap in hand to the IMF.

View attachment 79705

Furtunately Brexit and a Tory government has saved us from all of that.[/QUOT]

Ah the hoary old chestnut of Gordon brown being unable to see into the future.

Post. Office.

Undervalued by investment bankers.

Sold cheaply mostly to those same investment bankers.

Sold on at its true value by those investment bankers.

Making a handsome profit.

For investment bankers.

Rip roaring success that was for the tax payer!
Sorry tubby , but this post is rubbish, completely and utterly, for a start Gordon Brown was advised against this course of action by the B of E and the treasury , fair enough he can't see into the future but he can take advice from people who know the market and he could also look at historical price data on gold , this alone would have told him it was trading at lows, what was total and utter stupidity was the fact he TOLD the market that he was going to dump and unprecedented amount of gold into it in one fell swoop , Helen bloody Keller would've seen that would send prices through the floor , what did you expect "greedy investment bankers" to do ? You also show you're ignorance of the truth and reliance on daily mirror headlines by the fact you use this as a catch all term , welcome back by the way, haven't seen you post for ages.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
View attachment 79703

View attachment 79705

Furtunately Brexit and a Tory government has saved us from all of that.

I have voted for them in the past, but they've ripped this country apart because an own internal feud. Maybe never again, suddenly the Cameron / Clegg is starting to feel like it wasn't actually that bad after all

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If you want to be taken seriously and engage in proper debate then lose the 'remoaner' line because you're just coming across as a third rate Daily Mail sh1t for brains regurgitator.

Such anger in your text, I just don't understand why people feel the need to respond in such a way because another person has a different viewpoint. I don't read the Daily Mail and will use whatever terms I chose and if you don't want to take me seriously thats your issue, but like many that I have heard during the post Brexit times, you seek to close down any opinion thats contradictory to yours, maybe it makes you feel better or maybe in some way its a healing process for those who were not in the majority last June.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here