Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No they're not.
Yes, they are.

They tried to heap blame on the albion for shutting the gates on the away end after the hoodies had stormed the turnstyles.

Once it became obvious the stand could be over capacity, the albion had no choice. But blame the albion the FSF did. No word of blame towards the root cause - their mates in black.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, they are.

They tried to heap blame on the albion for shutting the gates on the away end after the hoodies had stormed the turnstyles.

Once it became obvious the stand could be over capacity, the albion had no choice. But blame the albion the FSF did. No word of blame towards the root cause - their mates in black.

Amanda Jacks certainly seems to often adopt an anti-club stance, as was the case at the Amex as you say.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Amanda Jacks certainly seems to often adopt an anti-club stance, as was the case at the Amex as you say.

Perhaps that’s because they are there to represent the supporters.

It would be good if they’d occasionally pick their battles and tell certain groups they’re wrong, though, rather than just taking up every cause.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Perhaps that’s because they are there to represent the supporters.

It would be good if they’d occasionally pick their battles and tell certain groups they’re wrong, though, rather than just taking up every cause.
Probably should have been sticking up for the Palace supporters who were kicked out of their seats and the ones who couldn't get into the ground instead of the twats who caused it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Palarse are really sounding needy nowadays, whining on about whether they'll get this and that.
When truthfully, they look around at their London rivals, thinking "what do we have to do, to be successful"
(At this point, I'm trying not to well up) :laugh:

They should get the 'Holmesdale all girl choir' onto a Jeremy Kyle special, to air their views.
Yep, that'll do it :cool:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Probably should have been sticking up for the Palace supporters who were kicked out of their seats and the ones who couldn't get into the ground instead of the twats who caused it.

I get the impression they don't deal with fan on fan stuff, but might look into how the fans are being treated by the club (whilst ignoring the HF).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Palarse are really sounding needy nowadays, whining on about whether they'll get this and that.
When truthfully, they look around at their London rivals, thinking "what do we have to do, to be successful"
(At this point, I'm trying not to well up) :laugh:

They should get the 'Holmesdale all girl choir' onto a Jeremy Kyle special, to air their views.
Yep, that'll do it :cool:

When the Palace women originally failed in their attempt to get into the womens Championship, they decided to take legal advice .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes they are..... and FYP

Yes, they are.

The FSF doesn't blame the Albion for shutting the gates, nor has it sided with the Palace fans over this issue.

The Palace fans - those caught outside when the gates were closed - criticised the police for kettling them outside and not offering up any information as to what was happening, before frog-marching them off to the station. The FSF legal case worker, Amanda Jacks took up the case, and she has since been informed that and acknowledges - as does Five Year Plan - that it was the correct decision based on safety.

FYP's main grief is with their Freedom of Information request to Sussex Police after the Chief Inspector very unwisely tweeted the Palace fans had been caught with 'knuckledusters and knives'. Something since proven to be untrue. They are not satisfied with the (lack of) answers coming from Sussex Police.

How do we know this? I was at an FSF meeting last week with representatives of all PL clubs invited, and this was discussed with the Palace counterpart, among others, while I was there.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The FSF doesn't blame the Albion for shutting the gates, nor has it sided with the Palace fans over this issue.

The Palace fans - those caught outside when the gates were closed - criticised the police for kettling them outside and not offering up any information as to what was happening, before frog-marching them off to the station. The FSF legal case worker, Amanda Jacks took up the case, and she has since been informed that and acknowledges - as does Five Year Plan - that it was the correct decision based on safety.

FYP's main grief is with their Freedom of Information request to Sussex Police after the Chief Inspector very unwisely tweeted the Palace fans had been caught with 'knuckledusters and knives'. Something since proven to be untrue. They are not satisfied with the (lack of) answers coming from Sussex Police.

How do we know this? I was at an FSF meeting last week with representatives of all PL clubs invited, and this was discussed with the Palace counterpart, among others, while I was there.

I’m amazed anyone got to talk if you were there

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Takes a while doesn't it. I think I eventually deciphered a laughable attempt at actually depicting a "fortress". That brown lump behind the goal presumably represents a drawbridge. The blue cards are...the sky ? I dunno. Those turrets just look like big cocks. Its almost like a scrawled crayon drawing by a 3 year old. You'd pat them on the head, put it on the fridge door for an evening, then quietly bin it in the morning.

When you lose your first 3 games at home one season (without scoring), and then fail to score at home before Halloween the next season, it kind of undermines the "fortress" aspect you're trying to portray dunnit.

I agree about the sky, just not very sure about the rest of it?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
86DE566C-75E6-42E1-A3EB-DF65CD920B38.jpeg The club are also putting on a special bus to bring the atmosphere to and from the ground

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This guy pretty much nails it:

With well over 200 pages on the HF and this thread combined one thing strikes me as missing.

No comment from the HF, no one seeming to purport to be part of it. Their entire dealings seem under the radar and secretive, yet they have the ear of the club / SP because of singing and waving flags at home games (which I do think adds to atmosphere)

I say home games as I rarely see them away from home and I've only missed one away game in 3 seasons.

Many of the Block E people I know have been to many more away games as well as having their home ST's. The HF's importance, impact and fanaticism seems to be massively overstated.

There appears to me no reason why they couldn't continue in block B adding to their membership as seats in that section became available. They chose not to come as a group, nobody stopped them.

To then be allowed back next season, in their own bigger section, to the detriment of 400 of the most loyal and long serving supporters is scandalous.

Steve Parish you should hang your head in shame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

When did Parish feel shame? If he did it would never have reached this farcical conclusion. Got to feel for the genuine Palace fans who are the victims of this hare brained scheme.

I get the feeling that Parish is a wannabee Ultra.

BTW why is there so little input on this from the usual Palace suspects. Is their non appearance really because they are playng shit and we are now above them in the table? Saddos

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I get the feeling that Parish is a wannabee Ultra.

Me too, good shout. There can't be any other reason for his shoddy treatment of the vast majority of his loyal customers surely?

BTW why is there so little input on this from the usual Palace suspects. Is their non appearance really because they are playng shit and we are now above them in the table? Saddos

My guess is they'd have to defend the indefensible.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think the evictees and their supporters could do worse than start a petition.

I am sure that we would be more than happy to ensure that any new petition for the status quo to prevail would exceed the number of signatures on the chav's petition.

Then we could have many more months of fun and jolly japes!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

With well over 200 pages on the HF and this thread combined one thing strikes me as missing.

No comment from the HF, no one seeming to purport to be part of it. Their entire dealings seem under the radar and secretive, yet they have the ear of the club / SP because of singing and waving flags at home games (which I do think adds to atmosphere)

I say home games as I rarely see them away from home and I've only missed one away game in 3 seasons.

Many of the Block E people I know have been to many more away games as well as having their home ST's. The HF's importance, impact and fanaticism seems to be massively overstated.

There appears to me no reason why they couldn't continue in block B adding to their membership as seats in that section became available. They chose not to come as a group, nobody stopped them.

To then be allowed back next season, in their own bigger section, to the detriment of 400 of the most loyal and long serving supporters is scandalous.

Steve Parish you should hang your head in shame.

That explains in part why at one of the few away games they have been to, they were unable to get tickets and had to force their way in illegally, injuring stewards and endangering their own fans with their gunpowder games.

PG

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Still no word from the Spotty Teens.

Has a large number of loyal fans really been duped?

Was this their intention all along to get the rest of the fans onside with their glossy brochure as an inclusive area and then go against exactly what they proposed? See what a few of the affected #Loyal400, have to say below

stevek

The HF said in their statement that they would never push for something as regressive and short-sighted as a like-for-like swap with Block E.

So given that's pretty much what this is, why have they accepted it?

SA Eagle
Absolutely. They’ve got what they wanted all along. The “inclusive section” promotion was just a sop to justify their move.

Stavros 69
Maybe Parish could have offered the HF some “loyalty” points to stay in block B and a 10% discount at the club shop.

This one is the proper kick in the b0ll0x and who knew Simon Jordan was right about somethings*.

foresthillbilly
I recall getting a begging letter from CPFC2010 in the summer of 2010, begging me to renew my ST in Lower Holmesdale, as they had honoured the 10year ST's SJ sold and couldn't recoup the money. Begging me to renew 'my' seat.
Now look at the position we're in.

The HF forced the club into a position. The club made a complete pigs ear of it.

*SJ had it right, when he said you shouldn't get close to fans on the terraces, once you own the club.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, because there is plenty of opportunity to fcvk things up even more

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here