Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I personally think it is outrageous the way the some leavers are constanty called thick by certain remoaners and I have started a campaign to do everything I can to put a stop to it.

Now, I don't know whether you've noticed but, in order to help, Two Profs, Ppf, Pastafarian, BigGully and JCFG have seriously reduced the number of posts they make on this thread over the last few weeks. If you could join them, together with one or two others, I think we would make major inroads into putting this dreadful lie to bed once and for all :thumbsup:

Sorry Watford. Perhaps if we all disappeared you remainers could all delight in your own EUtopia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wish there was a way you could ban yourself from reading, never mind posting on a thread. I'm as bad as many on here but when you take a break from it and come back, it really is a depressing read.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
But it did though.

As the conversation (which I was quite enjoying) between you and HKFC seems to have ground to a halt, I wonder if I can get it back on track with a question. Here it is. "How can it have been that the exchange rate was driven up by 'Remainers in the City' rather than by the view of the markets that a Remain majority would be good for the economy?"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
*** yawn *** It doesn't matter how much you bitch on here - it was discussed prior to the vote and the Remain camp, Cameron, Osbourne AND the government leaflet indicated a vote to leave would be disastrous as it would mean us leaving the SM and CU and losing FoM.

Now the question is, are you just going to bitch about it on here, or are you going to do something about it ? I assume you made your voice heard at the protest in London at the weekend about leaving the EU ? Ahhhhh .......

All opinions aside I think it was pretty clear before the referendum that a Leave result would include an end to freedom of movement. It’s one of the reasons I am so opposed to Brexit.
Now we obviously disagree on many elements of Brexit but it would be churlish to argue that FoM wasn’t an obvious outcome of a Leave result.

I shall resume normal insulting service shortly.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The rate leavers are deserting this thread, it'll probably happen soon anyway

I was only trying to help :shrug:

To be honest. I think the reason a few leavers dip in and out is because the job is nearly done. Also some maybe getting bored with it? Just a thought.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To be honest. I think the reason a few leavers dip in and out is because the job is nearly done. Also some maybe getting bored with it? Just a thought.

I indeed dip in and out but I do it for fun. The thread's like a pantomime. Nobody is going to change their mind. Nothing said on here is going to change what has happened, what is happening or what will happen. Therefore it's all just some pointless fun not worth getting worked up about.

You have those that debate at an intelligent level ( on both sides ), those that come up with the odd decent point ( on both sides ) and then we have the village idiots ( on both sides ). I particularly like poking one village idiot with a stick :wink:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I indeed dip in and out but I do it for fun. The thread's like a pantomime. Nobody is going to change their mind. Nothing said on here is going to change what has happened, what is happening or what will happen. Therefore it's all just some pointless fun not worth getting worked up about.

You have those that debate at an intelligent level ( on both sides ), those that come up with the odd decent point ( on both sides ) and then we have the village idiots ( on both sides ). I particularly like poking one village idiot with a stick :wink:

I think I'm one of those village idiots according to them. :lolol: Exactly what you say. Nothing is going to change. I too do it for fun. I don't get worked up. Some take it far to seriously. Some of the abuse we get just makes me laugh.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's called me that in a single post, last time I asked him to explain what it was he voted for :wink:

No i didnt,.......... but for you (again) what i voted for, its all in the thread,happy reading
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...down-to-11PM-GMT-on-Friday-29th-of-March-2019

Now, I don't know whether you've noticed but, in order to help, Two Profs, Ppf, Pastafarian, BigGully and JCFG have seriously reduced the number of posts they make on this thread over the last few weeks.

Not much left to discuss is there,the job is nearly finished,no repeat referendum or chance of one in sight(even after 2 years of moaning) and what is the point in continually pointing out to the "if brexit happens" and the "brexit wont happen" brigade, like you that we really are leaving the EU, when they simply havnt been able to absorb and admit this after all this time.
Your moaning is world class though.........ill give you that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If it is a referendum with a yes/no answer it can't.

Wow, so the formal referendum campaign period, as laid out in an act of parliament was pointless because you have decided no policies during that period were valid due to the fact they were not written down on the ballot paper..........you are a bit silly to say the least

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
1. As one person I probably can do nothing. But it is important to let people know the evils of what is happening: the government/parliament are pushing through the removal of rights on the back of a vote that had nothing to do with them.

2. How is that relevant to any thing? What did you do this weekend?

Point 2 is relevant because of your past posting history of drama that 'this must be stopped at all costs', 'I will stand up and fight for my fellow EU citizen' etc etc - of course I para-phrase. Not to mention your rants against leaving, the vote, home owners, the elderly and uni tuition fees. So I genuinely interested if you ever actually bothered to 'stand up and be counted' or just ranted on here.

Me, I watched an Albion win and then spent the rest of the weekend relaxing with the children. No pro-Brexit march for me to attend you see.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What!? I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying if leave had mentioned having a curfew after 9pm that this would be ok?
I am perplexed. Just because leave "won" the vote of whether to stay or leave the eu it does not gove them the right to pass any other random law in the process does it!

So let me get this right, Remain told us about the downsides of leaving and mentioned leaving the SM, CU and removal of FoM but because it was explicitly mentioned on the ballot paper it doesn't count. Yet Leave put on the side of a bus about £350m POSSIBLY going to the NHS if we leave and this also wasn't on the ballot paper but remainers now bleat on about it. Somewhat double standards there young Plooks.

EDIT - and given your inference that you had left the UK to live elsewhere previously when in reality you hadn't, it's difficult to know when you're telling the truth.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What!? I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying if leave had mentioned having a curfew after 9pm that this would be ok?
I am perplexed. Just because leave "won" the vote of whether to stay or leave the eu it does not gove them the right to pass any other random law in the process does it!

What about political manifestos , do you consider them valid?
Labour and Tory manifestos at the last election both said that EU immigration would be controlled and freedom of movement would end. Over 80% of the voters backed these two parties. That’s quite a big mandate given by the voters for parliament to see the policy of free movement coming to an end.
Don’t forget one of those parties has the prime minister and is negotiating our exit from the EU.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Regardless of my answer to 2 you will attempt to find a way to claim I am just "grzzling" and "hey ho we are leaving get over it" or some other bullshit.
So it is just quicker if you assume I did nothing and stayed in my bedroom doing my school homework. Because that is what you want to think.

No, I know you've done nothing other than possibly ( I assuming you are old enough to vote but your posts suggest otherwise ) placing a cross on a ballot paper ..... much the same as the rest of us on this thread. Difference being that most on this thread - remain and leave - aren't so all drama queen angry about what is happening.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
See, told you. So my answer to 2 is irrelevant.

How does me believing you've done nothing after implying you were going to lead the revolution make question 2 irrelevant ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here