Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Bong was picking up either Yarmolenko or Obiang, I can't remember which, but he was picking somebody up. Zabaleta ran from deep, it is absolutely the midfielders man to pick up the runner in that situation. Knocky and March manage to do it. It was a lapse in concentration, hopefully he'll learn from it because there is no doubt in a Hughton team, the wingers have to do that.

Spot on. But somebody needs his scapegoat apparently...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bong was picking up either Yarmolenko or Obiang, I can't remember which, but he was picking somebody up. Zabaleta ran from deep, it is absolutely the midfielders man to pick up the runner in that situation. Knocky and March manage to do it. It was a lapse in concentration, hopefully he'll learn from it because there is no doubt in a Hughton team, the wingers have to do that.

Yep, definitely winger's role to pick up Zabaleta in that situation.

Great debut though, exciting to think how he'll improve further as he settles into the Prem

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, definitely winger's role to pick up Zabaleta in that situation.

Great debut though, exciting to think how he'll improve further as he settles into the Prem

Yep, won't disagree with that, out of the summer signings, at present I'd say he looks the most likely to have the biggest impact, although we still have Andone to run the ruler over yet.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I would say it was Bong having the biggest go at him from my viewpoint in the East Upper. Murray was talking to him for a while but Bong was shouting and pointing. Kayal stepped in to calm the situation down. Ultimately, Jahabakhsh isn't our left back when he's playing on the left wing. Bong wasn't marking anyone else, it's not unreasonable that the winger would pass the runner off to the full back who is, at that time, hiding inside for no apparent reason. It's not the first time it's happened either, I forget if it was United or Tottenham but he left a man who should have been his. That resulted in a goal. He's the left back, it's his job to pick up the runner in that scenario and not expect the winger to hold his hand.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any posts from you gushing about when you’ve been at the first team training sessions all week, to be able to definitively tell us that it’s the full backs job to pick up the opposite full back? What other tactical snippets from the manager did you manage to pick up from your visits?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here