Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Anthony Knockaert's Dad

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I absolutely adore AK and I sincerely hope we as fans can muster up some show of respect to him and his family. RIP Mr Knockaert snr x

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We need to do something to show we are with him #together

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Start by learning the song (to La Marseillaise) on the other thread. It's fantastic :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Poor AK. We love you man!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
RIP Mr Knockaert senior
What about a minutes applause on 11 minutes every single game till the end of the season,to give support to a great man over the next few months

Bit OTT, IMHO. How old was Knockaert senior? - a minute's applause on that number would be better, perhaps?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit OTT, IMHO. How old was Knockaert senior? - a minute's applause on that number would be better, perhaps?

The applause thing seems to happen so often now though, noble though the intentions may be. I still think we should come up with some sort of banner to hold up in support of le petit magicien.

I'd do it myself but at the time of writing, I'm unsure if I'll be at Ashton Gate or not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The applause thing seems to happen so often now though, noble though the intentions may be. I still think we should come up with some sort of banner to hold up in support of le petit magicien.

I'd do it myself but at the time of writing, I'm unsure if I'll be at Ashton Gate or not.

Do we have any idea if AK will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
IT doesn't matter how long you know the day is coming ( I'm presuming it was a long illness) you can never prepare yourself for that moment. It cannot be put into words how you feel when it happens. Some on here will know what I mean.
RIP Monsieur Knockaert.

Thoughts are with Anthony and family................... I hope the message gets to him...... Together.

My dad turns 90 next year and although he's generally fit and well now, I know that day is coming and I have no idea how I will cope ...

RIP Knocky senior ....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do we have any idea if AK will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday?

I'd imagine not, as it appears his Dad only passed away today, presumably in France. The squad will travel to Bristol tomorrow, so you'd think he'll be with his family for a few days, quite rightly.

I suppose there's a very slight prospect that he may wish to play on in tribute to Patrick, but personally I'd be surprised if that happened, if only for logistical reasons. Judging by the reactions of various other players on Twitter, I'm heartened by the thought that, whenever he chooses to return, he'll be amazingly well looked after by his teammates and everyone else at the club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd imagine not, as it appears his Dad only passed away today, presumably in France. The squad will travel to Bristol tomorrow, so you'd think he'll be with his family for a few days, quite rightly.

I suppose there's a very slight prospect that he may wish to play on in tribute to Patrick, but personally I'd be surprised if that happened, if only for logistical reasons. Judging by the reactions of various other players on Twitter, I'm heartened by the thought that, whenever he chooses to return, he'll be amazingly well looked after by his teammates and everyone else at the club.
Absolutely. Different people react to bereavement in different ways - if he feels that the 'normality' of turning out for the Albion will help him cope, fine. More likely, I would think, he would want to stay with his family. But whichever way he chooses, it's his choice, and quite right too.

Condolences.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

For those of us not on Twitter could you share some of these reactions?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Rip Mr Knockaert! #together
IMG_0683.JPG

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
RIP Knocky Senior.

Perhaps [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or someone else suitably well connected might be able to make the club aware of this thread and pass the messages of condolence on to AK?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
RIP to Knocky's dad... but how about a tribute to him for the next game at the Amex? (against Villa, I guess?) a round of applause/a moment of silence during the minute concurrently to Mr. Knockaert's age (IE, if he was 53, an applause on the 53rd minute)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
RIP to Knocky's dad... but how about a tribute to him for the next game at the Amex? (against Villa, I guess?) a round of applause/a moment of silence during the minute concurrently to Mr. Knockaert's age (IE, if he was 53, an applause on the 53rd minute)
It's a lovely idea but I am quite an emotional person sometimes and if that was my father I wouldn't be able to hold it together, let alone play on the pitch. A tribute before or after may be more fitting.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here