The no 25 shirt

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Simon Rodger was wearing Bobby's old no 25 training top on the sidelines at Woking last night.

We really haven't got much money have we? :p

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You didn't see the state of it.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
The only time you should consider retiring a shirt, is if a quality player stayed at the albion throughout his whole career. Or at least a number of years. Unlikely that it is

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
In total agreement with Eggman on this one...

Tony Rougier should be signed and given the number 25 shirt :bowdown:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Nobody with genuine talent like Bob is ever likely to stay at Brighton for their whole career there will always be a bigger fish to come along and pinch them.

The shirt shouldn't be given to anybody else, for the simple reason that nobody should have to live up to the expectation that comes with it. If I were a new striker coming to Brighton, that's the last number I'd want.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's just a number you know. I prefered the old 1 to 11 numbering system, there was competition for the prestige of getting the shirt, not just the place.

Ho-hum.....

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
You old traditionalist you. Next you will be wanting to call those men with flags linesmen....

Have to agree mind, should be 1 - 11

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Seconded, Curious. If teams still ran out 1-11 the numbers wouldn't seem so significant - it still looks ridiculous to me when Premier League players run out with '47' on their backs or something.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Nah we shouldnt retire the shirt. The only person likely to deserve to have their number retired would be Kerry Mayo in a few years assuming he stays with us. Anyway, not sure if all this retiring the shirt thing is warrented for anyone really, unless the player died or something. eg. marc vivien foe.

Jul 21, 2003
went to a basketball game last year or was it earlier this year anyway they had a patch sewn on the back of the shirt of presumably the departed player looked rather stupid when it fell off mid-game to reveal the previous player of that number, perhaps this is whats happened to the Zamora shirt, hope they are both the same size!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports