Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal out for 8-10 weeks - broken FIBULA

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I can see the argument for playing Sidwell, Propper probably doesn't even know all his teamates names yet. Maybe start him at Leicester or Watford.

I think he probably does.

The only way he won't start is if he's crocked or unfit. The player himself says he is fit and ready. I believe him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Why on earth would you name BK in your 25 man squad,when he is out for maybe 3months of the 4. A loan to Christmas or an under 21 player i am sure will be drafted in.Just a mercy it happened ,giving CH time to react .

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This is where we should have a younger player ready to step up as cover who doesn't impact on the 25 man squad.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why on earth would you name BK in your 25 man squad,when he is out for maybe 3months of the 4. A loan to Christmas or an under 21 player i am sure will be drafted in.Just a mercy it happened ,giving CH time to react .

The squads don't get named till after the transfer window shuts....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

As CH doesn't need to name the 25 man squad until Sept 1st I'd guess he'll look for an additional player before then and take a view on Kayal's progress then. If he's progressing well AND we haven't recruited cover he may include him.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Oh well, plenty of better players to take his place.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Normann 100% needs to be our next option as 4th choice. If we're not confident of these U23 players making the step up we should never sign them, he will be fine as #4 and he doesn't eat a 25 spot place.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gross could comfortably play alongside propper or Stephens with brown going into the 10 role.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A £10m player does not sit on a bench...

Depends if he's up to speed surely. £10m reflects his quality, but if he's lacking match sharpness or hasn't learnt the system why throw him in the deep end in one of our toughest fixtures? Not saying we won't, but there's an argument for sticking rather than twisting. Not like Sidwell doesn't have PL experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depends if he's up to speed surely. £10m reflects his quality, but if he's lacking match sharpness or hasn't learnt the system why throw him in the deep end in one of our toughest fixtures? Not saying we won't, but there's an argument for sticking rather than twisting. Not like Sidwell doesn't have PL experience.

He's been playing in PSV's pre season friendlies.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Shame. the year we almost went up Kayal was our star player and we were looking so forward to him playing in the prem. Last year was a stop-start struggle, but we know that brilliant player is in there and we were hoping to see it this year. Now the odds of us never doing so are much shorter :(

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

He's already played two Europa League games

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013

Propper had a full pre season.. see no reason why he'd be on the bench.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Shame. the year we almost went up Kayal was our star player and we were looking so forward to him playing in the prem. Last year was a stop-start struggle, but we know that brilliant player is in there and we were hoping to see it this year. Now the odds of us never doing so are much shorter :(

Yep write him off. It's a break not serious ligament damage.

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
Gross could comfortably play alongside propper or Stephens with brown going into the 10 role.
Whilst this is good for the coming weekend, I think we will be on thin ice when someone is injured and another is serving a suspension, say in Oct. Some replacement is required to cover the squad to mitigate this type of scenario before BK comes back, and let's face it if the club say 8 to 10 weeks and he has no setbacks, he probably be available in 12 to 14 weeks time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is where we should have a younger player ready to step up as cover who doesn't impact on the 25 man squad.

That simple huh? How many young players do you suggest we sign who will be Premier League ready?

In my opinion we are fine as we are, good loan options are difficult to find, and l can't see the club forking out good money just to sign someone who will probably only be needed until Christmas.

Propper, Sidwell, and Brown are all players who can deputise.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Sod's law at least we have the cover for him going into Man City. Its a shame that Propper has been thrust so suddenly into the squad without that much training, hopefully he can integrate quickly. Must feel for Kayal though, hes a great player. Let's hope he'll be back in training sooner rather than later.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Really feel sorry for the guy and will be a big loss. As was said earlier this is a break and depending on the type he will come back sooner than a lot of injuries.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That simple huh? How many young players do you suggest we sign who will be Premier League ready?

In my opinion we are fine as we are, good loan options are difficult to find, and l can't see the club forking out good money just to sign someone who will probably only be needed until Christmas.

Propper, Sidwell, and Brown are all players who can deputise.

I'm amazed people seem to think we can shift a few players around to fill gaps in what is the toughest league going. Gross has been playing brilliantly in an advance role for us so why change all that and drop him back into the centre of midfield for an unproven youngster to take his role? All this for up to 12 weeks ? What happens if we pick up another midfield injury ? Hughton has already said we are going with a 5 man midfield for most games this season and this is the area where we need the most bodies,
I'm gobsmacked people seem to think will have enough cover. And Norwood ? He was loaned out simply because he isn't good enough for this league.. Why are people even contemplating him beggars belief.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here