Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
You're conveniently forgetting two things:
-- last season, the aim was to finish in the top two; this season, it's to avoid finishing in the bottom three
-- as you indicate, it's a marathon not a sprint

This is how I look at it. Last year we had to finish ABOVE 22 teams. This year we have to stay above 3 teams. There are some obscenely talented players and teams in the Premier League - but I think (hope) that we'll give any one of the bottom 10 a game in the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think (hope) that we'll give any one of the bottom 10 a game in the Premier League.
As at least 4 of those games come in the first 6 matches, you'd think the club would have got it's shite together.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Not even a sniff of a potential signing today. The Czech lad was in Brighton yesterday and no pictures of him holding the blue & white shirt.
Maybe tonight around 7pm we'll get that email...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not even a sniff of a potential signing today. The Czech lad was in Brighton yesterday and no pictures of him holding the blue & white shirt.
Maybe tonight around 7pm we'll get that email...

Just a signing for the development squad so won't get too excited by this one even if we pull it off.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think this thread represent the thoughts of most football fans up and down the country about their transfer business or lack off.

If you look on other teams forums, this thread is eerily a mirror of what's being said by most fans..

Maybe just maybe there is more to a transfer than just bidding for said player, having the bid accepted, agreeing terms with player/agent then the obligatory picture of player holding shirt. This is the real world, not Football manager.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8049509 said:
If we're in relegation trouble in January it will be harder to attract quality players. We'll either be turned down or have to pay over the odds (wages). January is an OK time to do business if your strengthening from a position of strength, but difficult if you're in a relegation dog fight.

Going by last season, there will be at least 12/20 teams in a relegation dog fight in January. I'll be very surprised if we aren't one of them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think this thread represent the thoughts of most football fans up and down the country about their transfer business or lack off.

If you look on other teams forums, this thread is eerily a mirror of what's being said by most fans..

Maybe just maybe there is more to a transfer than just bidding for said player, having the bid accepted, agreeing terms with player/agent then the obligatory picture of player holding shirt. This is the real world, not Football manager.

Forums for these clubs show great optimism and satisfaction with transfer business:

Villa
Hudd
Man C
Man U
Boro
Everton

I don't know why they'll so bloody happy with their business. Apparently transfer activity doesn't really kick off until much closer to 1st September.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Forums for these clubs show great optimism and satisfaction with transfer business:

Villa
Hudd
Man C
Man U
Boro
Everton

I don't know why they'll so bloody happy with their business. Apparently transfer activity doesn't really kick off until much closer to 1st September.

Villa - spunked large amounts of cash to finish mid table in the Championship
Hudds - Finished a fair old way behind us last season so needed to catch up, I'd say possibly slightly ahead but I don't know how good the players are yet as unproven in prem.
Man C - Multi Million deals - Stupid comparing them to us
Man U - Same as Man C
Boro - £15m for Assombalonga!
Everton - Mid tier prem not remotely in our 'league'

CHILL OUT

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Villa
Hudd
Man C
Man U
Boro
Everton

With the exception of Hudds, who have gone a bit mental and overspent imo, all those teams are likely to be up the top of their respective divisions, and so have the pick of who they want, and can get things done early. The top of the market is always going to move more quickly than the bottom, it needs to trickle down. Nobody who is potentially good enough for Man Utd is going to sign for us until the end of the transfer window, they're going to hold out and try and get a deal with someone higher up.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Exactly. This is real life not Football Manager or FIFA 18

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As it stands, Huddersfield, Burnley and Brighton. If we improve our goal threat, I'll go Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford. Newcastle possibly in the mix if they don't do enough in the transfer window to keep Benitez happy.

Make it 13 clubs in the relegation mix.

As has been pointed out umpteenth times on NSC since 17th April, there's nothing between the 13 clubs, it's a relegation mini league. We're just as good as the other 12. To pick just three competitors, what have Bournemouth, Palace and Stains got on the playing side that we haven't?

The odds according to oddschecker are bull. Today for relegation they stand at, typically:

Brighton 5/4
Palace 5/1
Stains 25/1
Bournemouth 6/1

How can that be when the 13 clubs are so similar in terms of their true prospects?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Make it 13 clubs in the relegation mix.

As has been pointed out umpteenth times on NSC since 17th April, there's nothing between the 13 clubs, it's a relegation mini league. We're just as good as the other 12. To pick just three competitors, what have Bournemouth, Palace and Stains got on the playing side that we haven't?

The odds according to oddschecker are bull. Today for relegation they stand at, typically:

Brighton 5/4
Palace 5/1
Stains 25/1
Bournemouth 6/1

How can that be when the 13 clubs are so similar in terms of their true prospects?

I don't think you can compare us with the three teams mentioned at all. For starters all three have had two or more consecutive seasons in the Premier League under their belts. Bounemouth and Southampton are well capable of achieving a top half finish. Whereas a successful season for us, would be just to avoid relegation.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think you can compare us with the three teams mentioned at all. For starters all three have had two or more consecutive seasons in the Premier League under their belts. Bounemouth and Southampton are well capable of achieving a top half finish. Whereas a successful season for us, would be just to avoid relegation.

In the last year, not just on NSC, it's widely said that the 13 'bottom' clubs are in a mini league, with very little to choose between them in terms of playing each other and final points tally.

Which is literally at odds from the gambling sector, which shows a huge chasm between the clubs I mentioned, and football writers who have us as clear favourites for the drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here