Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just thought i'd share this with you

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Looking good Jevs. I might just check it out on Sunday before the Atletico game. So many happy memories of the Rock Gardens and Preston Park growing up in Preston village in the 60s and 70s. Glad you are taking good care of it.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Lovely stuff. We need more of this type of stuff. Looks like all the hard work is paying off.

Yep...was very lucky to have a brilliant manager (Jack Straw) who backed my plans and ideas and helped me beyond the call of duty as well as a superb team of volunteers and community payback guys n gals.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great work, Andy. Does Jack cast an eye over the place from time to time?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Great work, Andy. Does Jack cast an eye over the place from time to time?

Since his retirement 12 months ago, he's welcome in the garden by appointment only. I ask him for his opinion but rarely take it on board....a bit like the last 6 years he was my manager really hehe.

In truth, it was JS who was the mastermind behind the major transformation of the garden. We were a good team.....he would suggest things, i'd tell him to F/O and we'd do what i wanted in the first place. Seriously....i do him as my manager but love it when he visits as my friend now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Since his retirement 12 months ago, he's welcome in the garden by appointment only. I ask him for his opinion but rarely take it on board....a bit like the last 6 years he was my manager really hehe.

In truth, it was JS who was the mastermind behind the major transformation of the garden. We were a good team.....he would suggest things, i'd tell him to F/O and we'd do what i wanted in the first place. Seriously....i do him as my manager but love it when he visits as my friend now.

Hi Jevs, do you get anything like sponsorship for the gardens, similar to where firms sponsor certain roundabouts up here, in which the local council turn them into island gems.:)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Hi Jevs, do you get anything like sponsorship for the gardens, similar to where firms sponsor certain roundabouts up here, in which the local council turn them into island gems.:)

Afraid not mate.....i grow a lot of the plants at home from seed although i rarely get refused if i put a plant order in.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Afraid not mate.....i grow a lot of the plants at home from seed although i rarely get refused if i put a plant order in.

Okay, that's really great your doing all this off your own back.
A shame that a genuine sponsor couldn't pitch in.
Up here in Hillingdon, they promote a lot of their green spaces and encourage all things in growing.
Partially decided for us in taking up an allotment, which is fabulous fun.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

I'm blushing now! Put kettle on Chuck, I'm coming in!! Are you around!!!:blush:

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Top job.
I always smile when passing; now you've restored it to former glories it really is a link back to my childhood.
Thank you

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Aahhh yes, Preston Park rock garden. Used to be called 'the rookery' or something didn't it ? Back in 1983 when I was a photography student I went down to the rock garden to take some photos with an old 5x4 view camera. As I was stepping across the rocks I slipped and fell in the water, luckily the colleges view camera which was mounted on a tripod was fine, but my Weston light meter which was round my neck went in the water with me, remember laughing and swallowing water as I went under. Seems a lifetime ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here