Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly v Norwich

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Erm...? You think we have shit players?

No. Certainly not. But we do lack the necessary quality in certain areas to survive in the Premier League....at the moment. No doubt the club will be addressing this in the next 2-3 weeks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting to see that Bong has replaced Murphy and not Suttner so playing with 2 left backs presumably 1 is left midfield but I can understand CH logic for the trial.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Interesting to see that Bong has replaced Murphy and not Suttner so playing with 2 left backs presumably 1 is left midfield but I can understand CH logic for the trial.

No, the new meta in football is to have two left backs on the pitch at the same time, in the exact same position. New technology means each player's atoms fuse together to form a new player.

Buttong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Suttner is a very attacking left back, I can see plenty of opportunities this season for Suttner left midfield and Rosenior right midfield. Defensive cover but also capable going forward. It might come across as defensive but in reality they're both such good players they can play either position comfortably.

The difference between Championship standard and Premier League is significant in my opinion, anyone who hasn't regularly watched Premier League football will be in for a surprise at the difference this season. I think we have a core of players good enough for the league. Dunk, Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert, Gross and Murray are the spine of the team and they're all unquestionably Premier League class. If any of them are out injured for a long period of time then we might have problems.

Ryan, Bruno, Rosenior, Duffy, Hünemeier, Goldson, Suttner and Skalak I'm not so sure about but I think will be competitive, the others I'm fairly sure are not good enough for the Premier League. Just not up to the level, but won't fail through any lack of effort (now that Elvis has gone!).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, that should have been comfortable for Ryan :facepalm:

If only he were a couple inches taller...

Club's Twitter feed said their goal hit the crossbar and deflected in.
So the last 3 goals Norwich have scored against us have all been off target.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Norwich bossed the 2nd half, we were a lot better with Gross on the pitch from what I could see off the poor quality live feed

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought we looked tidy enough. Defended well. Norwich a bit sharper but then they start next week so that's not a surprise. Just don't have much in the way of flair going forward but at least we seem well organised. It's a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here