Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading still not a sell out?

RFC_Bobby

Aug 2, 2016
Reading
That was a couple of seasons back, the evening game. Was amusing, he was decked out in the Reading kit right down to the socks.

This started out as quite amusing at first. A fat guy in a full kit getting lots of attention from away fans. It quickly (after about two games) became annoying and distracting to the point that most fans just wish he'd stop the whole "look at me" act.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Think you're missing the point. Away fans moan that the Amex is a nightmare getting to and from but it's no worse than every other ground and I find the Amex better than most clubs.

The Amex has rail, bus and road links, all modern compared to our northern neighbours, where they're still getting used to the wheel and pointing at things :lolol:

SAC

May 21, 2014
This started out as quite amusing at first. A fat guy in a full kit getting lots of attention from away fans. It quickly (after about two games) became annoying and distracting to the point that most fans just wish he'd stop the whole "look at me" act.

A bit like the QPR fan with the sombrero

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The Amex has rail, bus and road links, all modern compared to our northern neighbours, where they're still getting used to the wheel and pointing at things :lolol:

stone-age-2.jpg

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Just bought mine at club shop, Guy confirmed we have sold 2,511

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If true then that is piss poor and a shambles. Earlier it was said we'd sold 3200 odd.

Why would they be selling tickets at the other end of the away section if we have not sold all the away section. R27 is the corner of the away section and I have R32 at the other end. The South Stand capacity is 4350, so I really can't believe we have only sold 2511 tickets

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why would they be selling tickets at the other end of the away section if we have not sold all the away section. R27 is the corner of the away section and I have R32 at the other end. The South Stand capacity is 4350, so I really can't believe we have only sold 2511 tickets

They have probably not sold the front 9-10 rows of each section, they've done that before. Then again, the remaining tickets on sale now are the front few rows of R31 :shrug:

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield

I've got two tickets in R28 so we've obviously got the whole end in which case we've sold a lot more than 2500

RFC_Bobby

Aug 2, 2016
Reading
They have probably not sold the front 9-10 rows of each section, they've done that before. Then again, the remaining tickets on sale now are the front few rows of R31 :shrug:

I think you may be right. I noticed around the earlier part of last season the club started to cover seats in the front seating areas unless there were loads of away fans. Before, if the whole block would be open and fans could just sit and go anywhere. Now they are forced into the upper parts of the stand - not really sure that's necessary.

I guess the remaining seats being sold are now at the front as all the ones at the back have gone, so they are now moving to fill the section nearer the pitch

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think you may be right. I noticed around the earlier part of last season the club started to cover seats in the front seating areas unless there were loads of away fans. Before, if the whole block would be open and fans could just sit and go anywhere. Now they are forced into the upper parts of the stand - not really sure that's necessary.

I guess the remaining seats being sold are now at the front as all the ones at the back have gone, so they are now moving to fill the section nearer the pitch

Yep. Even still, selling R27/28 through R32, discounting the front rows is still well over 2.5k. :shrug:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im giving this a miss because

Newcastle away incl train, match ticket and overnite accomodation.

Had to divert funds to Oxford away

We have had three home games in between being paid and again at the end of the month. Something had to give and thats Reading away sadly.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Im giving this a miss because

Newcastle away incl train, match ticket and overnite accomodation.

Had to divert funds to Oxford away

We have had three home games in between being paid and again at the end of the month. Something had to give and thats Reading away sadly.
Poof

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here