Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ford Kuga but very low spec
Volvo XC 60 Nice car but low spec

basically any cars from Ford, Volvo , Mazda and nissan below 130 g per km

Well spec aside I'd go for the Volvo

It's build quality will be far superior to the Nissan .

Japanese manufacturers have always enticed buyers with free add ons and lots of buttons .

Remember, you will get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
I have a new model X-Trail. It's the perfect family car and I am happy with it. One of the selling points over the Tiguan (previously owned one and that was a nightmare), Qashqai and CX-5 is the fact that we have 7 seats and use it a lot. The engine is fine, doesn't set the world alight, but has enough punch for the motorways etc.

Have driven an Qashqai, and whilst very similar to the X-Trail, the boot was a lot smaller and the engine didn't have the same poke.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
am looking at an xtrail also if we end up emigrating . seems like a great value car with good write ups! other cars to consider would be a mazda cx5 .

just to say for people knocking Japanese cars , I recently read that 7 of the 10 most reliable car brands are Japanese beating bmw , audi , Mercedes , Porsche etc etc

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I have a new model X-Trail. It's the perfect family car and I am happy with it. One of the selling points over the Tiguan (previously owned one and that was a nightmare), Qashqai and CX-5 is the fact that we have 7 seats and use it a lot. The engine is fine, doesn't set the world alight, but has enough punch for the motorways etc.

Have driven an Qashqai, and whilst very similar to the X-Trail, the boot was a lot smaller and the engine didn't have the same poke.

Same here. We have the new x-trail with 7 seats. Really happy with it.

We had a qashqai+2 a few years ago. Hated it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was mulling over a Qashqai for a while but put off by a breakdown recovery man who told me the whole Japanese reliability line is irrelevant as it uses a Renault engine. Not sure if that's true but worth checking out if reliability is a selling point for you. On the Internet user reviews it seemed to fare poorly on that score even though the car is generally liked a lot by the critics.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Forget critics, they drive it for a week or a few days.

The Which site is quite good as it has critics reviews but most importantly comments from people who have owned them and have to deal with servicing and maintenance etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here