Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Exactly. Let's remember agents are stirrers due also to their £££ cut.

When the Albion offer Stockdale triple his wages (average PL wages are 4 times those of the Championship to benchmark), he will stay with his Albion mates.

If Leeds stay down, they wouldn't be able to compete with that.

If the mirrors anything to go by that'll be 60 k a week bloody steep that

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
and on what basis do you believe we are dicking about ?

errr

He's out of contract and no one knows if he's going to sign a new one?

...and how do you know that no one knows if he's going to sign. If all you are going on is the fact that he hasn't signed yet then that's a bit naive. How do you know they are not in negotiations sat round a table discussing all that needs to be discussed. Oh I know, they didn't invite you to the discusssions, so they must be dicking about, just like they were with Bruno and Kayal etc..

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
True and the same with Stephens. It would be idiotic to let a quality player go over wages for free, then pay huge unnecessary transfer fees out of a limited budget to replace him.

Best to ignore TalkSport lies. You can only rely on the broadsheets, but it's less interesting because true transfer news is infrequent.

Transfer news is extremely frequent in the tabloids (and, I suspect but don't know as I've never listened to it, TalkSport). They've got a lot of column inches of sports pages to fill, and that's what their readers want to read -- whether there's any substance to it doesn't really come into it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
...and how do you know that no one knows if he's going to sign. If all you are going on is the fact that he hasn't signed yet then that's a bit naive. How do you know they are not in negotiations sat round a table discussing all that needs to be discussed. Oh I know, they didn't invite you to the discusssions, so they must be dicking about, just like they were with Bruno and Kayal etc..

Thanks for letting me know about my naivety.

The fact remains that he is out of contract. It is within the club's power to make him an offer which is acceptable to him. I am making the wild assumption that this has not happened yet - hence he has not signed. And correct me if I'm wrong but Bruno and Kayal both signed during the season not at the end of it.

As you quite rightly point out - no one thought to invite me to the discussions (whatever form these may have taken), but my point is that the club have a top class goalkeeper here they are in danger of losing if they don't get their act together.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The fact remains that he is out of contract. It is within the club's power to make him an offer which is acceptable to him. I am making the wild assumption that this has not happened yet - hence he has not signed. And correct me if I'm wrong but Bruno and Kayal both signed during the season not at the end of it.

As you quite rightly point out - no one thought to invite me to the discussions (whatever form these may have taken), but my point is that the club have a top class goalkeeper here they are in danger of losing if they don't get their act together.

Whilst I agree with the main part of your post and hope that he signs, are there any reports or indications as to what stage or level the negotiations are at, assuming they are ongoing. If not they could well be very advanced and near completition.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
and on what basis do you believe we are dicking about ?

You are quite right, you are making a wild assumption. Bruno and Kayal were mid-season, but did we know about the negotiations offers etc before the 'result' as announced

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's probably just Leeds trying to upset one of their rivals for promotion, as we enter into the final phase of the season...

...oh hang on.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
BEst mate is a Leeds fan. He reckons that green has been fantastic since xmas (was a shambles before then).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You started a thread thus:
Dunk - Refusing to play?
Don't shoot the messenger but I've heard that he might not play at Fulham, and possibly refused to play tuesday.
Uwe starts tomorrow.
And ended up saying
Spot on there then.
He's on the bench, so this can't have been true. Apologies.
Good luck to Lewis wherever he ends up.

Amend thread title to include 'NOT'?
So how is that "proven enough times that I get the occasional tidbit of info"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here