Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does Bloom escape criticism on here?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If you are worth £600-700 million then it's not a gamble, it's a labour of love. We are having a poor season, it doesn't mean that the total amount TB has put into the club is a write off though.

If he's worth what you quote then he has committed 40% of his wealth to a football club, this is an industry that make s no money. His worth will be made up of assets and investments not ready cash, which would mean that he has committed a greater percentage of his CASH to the club. Returning to the OP, he should not be beyond criticism when justified. In terms of his money paid into the club, how do you suggest that he will redeem his money on a business that is losing millions on a yearly basis, I would suggest that unless he sells the club his money will never be returned.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Everyone is quick to criticise Barber, Burke, Hyypia and Jones yet the man who employs these people is forever talked about like some sort of god. I fully understand that without Bloom we could well be in a very dark place, but why does he escape the criticism? He made a promise to fans that by the end of the transfer window we would have a squad capable of finishing in the play offs, when instead we have a team that would struggle to make the play offs in the womens league. Im not saying for 1 minute that he should go, course not. I just think its unfair to blame everyone else when in reality the buck stops with him. For what its worth i feel really sorry for Sami Hyypia, He was sold this vision that quite frankly does'nt exist.
Because anyone that pumps that kind of money into my football club, buys us a state of the art stadium, the best training facility in Europe, gives us 3 great squads and very nearly gives us Premiership football in such a short time is immune from any of my criticism. Hell, he could eat puppies for breakfast for all I care. Top bloke, end of.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Do you know anything about TB's personal finances? You just seem to be working on the assumption that no one would put that amount of money into a club.

As others have said on here, all reporting procedures show TB is the ultimate owner and given his business background, it is perfectly feasible he has this net worth. Do you really believe he generated his net worth from just playing poker?

And I'm not sure he would regard it as "spare cash". More a useful and enjoyable way of exploiting your wealth.

Exploiting his wealth? Normally that term means he will be receiving a return, which clearly he is not. Who s being exploited, Tony or the club, Football is a loss making business, unless you sell, i'm not sure piling millions into it is a smart move. He still cannot be beyond criticism, no matter how high in our esteem he is held.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If he's worth what you quote then he has committed 40% of his wealth to a football club, this is an industry that make s no money. His worth will be made up of assets and investments not ready cash, which would mean that he has committed a greater percentage of his CASH to the club. Returning to the OP, he should not be beyond criticism when justified. In terms of his money paid into the club, how do you suggest that he will redeem his money on a business that is losing millions on a yearly basis, I would suggest that unless he sells the club his money will never be returned.

He has stated that he doesn't want the money back, he wants to leave a legacy for the club and city he loves.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
To be fair, it was DK (and MP and many lesser known others) who got us where we are today, in a multitude of respects. We certainly wouldn't have a 30k capacity state of the art stadium and training ground if it wasn't for TB - but in terms of actual achievements, he really hasn't done much yet.

The reason I don't criticise TB is because he is only human. He is not going to get it right every time. He had zero experience in the industry before us. With the cash he's put in, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and then some. However, there is a lot about his running of the club that I think is extremely poor at the moment - mainly to do with his delegation to the likes of Burke & Barber - and of course the apparent apathy towards the clubs values. I think, as time passes, his role as chairman will be more scrutanised and criticised - and rightly so. That said, Albion fans know how lucky we are to have a (rich!) fan as a chairman, so things would have to get pretty bad for us to complain.

You are unbelievable.
We are used to you posting a load of old tosh, but this takes the biscuit.

Jan 30, 2008
Everyone is quick to criticise Barber, Burke, Hyypia and Jones yet the man who employs these people is forever talked about like some sort of god. I fully understand that without Bloom we could well be in a very dark place, but why does he escape the criticism? He made a promise to fans that by the end of the transfer window we would have a squad capable of finishing in the play offs, when instead we have a team that would struggle to make the play offs in the womens league. Im not saying for 1 minute that he should go, course not. I just think its unfair to blame everyone else when in reality the buck stops with him. For what its worth i feel really sorry for Sami Hyypia, He was sold this vision that quite frankly does'nt exist.
load of lemmings ready to jump off the cliff , all this money spill don't wear either ,don't think for one minute Mr Bloom is giving his money away only a deluded fool would think that
regards
DR

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I'll criticise him for his driving. On Saturday he drove down the outside of the longish queue on the University slip road and then cut into the correct lane to exit the main road at the last minute, diving into a small gap. He then switched to the inside lane and drove up to the top past all the queuing traffic again and cut in at the roundabout.

He's Tony Bloom, he doesn't do queuing. Nice car too

Also doesn't worry too much if his Bentley gets dinked. Whilst I normally spit on those drivers who do this I would glady make way for the Bloomster.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Exploiting his wealth? Normally that term means he will be receiving a return, which clearly he is not. Who s being exploited, Tony or the club, Football is a loss making business, unless you sell, i'm not sure piling millions into it is a smart move. He still cannot be beyond criticism, no matter how high in our esteem he is held.

The term exploiting does not need to imply financial gain, you can exploit something in whatever way you seen fit in order to enhance your own personal situation - that does have to be for financial gain, it might just be because you want to do it and can actually afford to.

To criticise him when he has made such a substantial financial investment just because the team is going through a bad patch is fickle in the extreme.

load of lemmings ready to jump off the cliff , all this money spill don't wear either ,don't think for one minute Mr Bloom is giving his money away only a deluded fool would think that
regards
DR

You don't half come out with a load of old bollocks sometimes Das.

regards
H1

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
To be fair, it was DK (and MP and many lesser known others) who got us where we are today, in a multitude of respects. We certainly wouldn't have a 30k capacity state of the art stadium and training ground if it wasn't for TB - but in terms of actual achievements, he really hasn't done much yet.

The reason I don't criticise TB is because he is only human. He is not going to get it right every time. He had zero experience in the industry before us. With the cash he's put in, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and then some. However, there is a lot about his running of the club that I think is extremely poor at the moment - mainly to do with his delegation to the likes of Burke & Barber - and of course the apparent apathy towards the clubs values. I think, as time passes, his role as chairman will be more scrutanised and criticised - and rightly so. That said, Albion fans know how lucky we are to have a (rich!) fan as a chairman, so things would have to get pretty bad for us to complain.

God mate..you don't half post a lot of shit on here. Keep on smoking those Marlboro lights outside the Gym and imagining that you could do a better job in a million years than Barber and TB.

You might be right about Burke though.

Jan 30, 2008
Also doesn't worry too much if his Bentley gets dinked. Whilst I normally spit on those drivers who do this I would glady make way for the Bloomster.
Really, I find that type of behaviour arrogant /selfish??? what makes him so special above other road users???
regards
DR

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Eh?

"in terms of actual achievements, he really hasn't done much yet"

"I think, as time passes, his role as chairman will be more scrutanised and criticised - and rightly so"

Beyond belief.......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

A que is a que, rich or poor, young or old I yield to no man......

He would get a severe tut whilst rapping my fingers on the steering wheel, cursing him and thinking why I had not had the bollox to do the same.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

This was a convertible 911

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

terryandjune_3_396x222.jpg

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
A que is a que, rich or poor, young or old I yield to no man......

He would get a severe tut whilst rapping my fingers on the steering wheel, cursing him and thinking why I had not had the bollox to do the same.

Not Tony..he is not a mere man. He is a god.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If you are worth £600-700 million then it's not a gamble, it's a labour of love. We are having a poor season, it doesn't mean that the total amount TB has put into the club is a write off though.

I believe you when you say that he is worth between £600-£700 million, but is it easy to hide £550-650 million (he is always quoted as being cautiously being worth £50 million)? Have you known any examples of this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here