Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread England v Italy ***

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
2-1 full time

i'm not disappointed best I've seen England play for ages

but, defensively it wasn't great

Maybe if we play like this against a deflated uruguay we could win or more realistically draw.

The fact is that if we beat Uruguay and Italy beat Costa rica we are right back in this... I just hope it happens

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Not putting on the threat of Lambert and doing the standard trying hard but getting nothing against the big players of the tournament says it all. We screamed and kicked but got nothing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not a particular fan of Rooney. I think he had a great euro tournament, but has never really lived up to that. I think a lot of people decided based on that tournament that he is great, so cling to any good play and overstate it, dressing it up as the greatest ever (for example, he goal from the half way line late last season that people tried to turn into the greatest thing ever), I think he is picked on his name rather than his form.

Having said that, I just had a look at twitter to see what they were saying (I don't normally check trending topics, just stick to what the people I follow are tweeting) and my god there are some really horrible and unnecessary comments, and I say that as someone who isn't quick to defend him. https://twitter.com/hashtag/rooney?f=realtime&src=hash

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should have been 2-2, it was easier to score that chance of Rooney's than miss; hope he gets roasted by the press. Shrek-****

No we do not want any player getting roasted by the press. Yes, he should have been substituted but any slagging off our players by the media will be detrimental to the squad.##

They still will though

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is a nucleus within this team that suggests that, given the right nurturing, we could eventually produce a genuinely world class side. The squad has an attacking philosophy that has been missing over the years, and lots of raw talent, and pace, in the youngsters.

At the back, given this approach, we need to be tighter. Tonight we looked very vulnerable and were punished for it.

That said, I'm genuinely sad for the team. The attitude is right, but we can't expect great things now-not yet.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm sorry but Stirling was shit. He wasn't dangerous at all.
Really? Was taking people on all night. The only 1 really who looked to go past a player until Lallana and Barkley came on.
Sturridge sterling barkley lallana is the front 4 i would like to see after viewing tonight

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really? Was taking people on all night. The only 1 really who looked to go past a player until Lallana and Barkley came on.
Sturridge sterling barkley lallana is the front 4 i would like to see after viewing tonight

Taking on people? He didn't put mNy decent crosses in the box

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going to bed. I didn't think we played badly tonight. A draw would have been a fairer result.

Still think we will go through.

Good night all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sterling played very well, we are in transition which has been caused by having two foreign managers.

It will get better over time.

Oh and that's all folks from me with regards to starting England official match threads

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here