Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Usual load of nonsense being spouted by people who would never vote Labour, all this shite about wanting a strong opposition , course they do. If you were a government you want a shambles like 2001 so you can get in power and go to war illegally without anyone questioning it.

It's like an Albion fan wanting a strong Palace team, no you don't a real fan wants them to struggle and get relegated.

Eagle's campaign is doomed to failure and she will be out on her ear like all the other Tories like Peter Kyle in Hove.

As ever, you judge other by your own (lack of) standards.

There may well be those who would only vote Tory, whilst there are those who would only vote Labour. There are plenty of folk who will approach each election with an open mind and put their 'X' in the box that they believe represents the best hope for any/all of themselves, their family and the country.

The next election is truly their for the taking for Labour, but many believe they will blow their big chance with Corbyn at the helm.

No, no I'm not. And I was not talking about me anyway.

You seem to be claiming that those who aren't allied beyond Corbyn, the centre-left, "just want the eternal chaos of permanent leadership elections". I'm saying that I don't believe they do. By all means quote those who have said this is what they wish for.

My assertion is that you are at best being over-dramatic and at worst just plain wrong. All they want is a leader they believe is capable of leading the Labour Party into a General Election with a genuine chance of success.

Cheers.

Hey - look I'm not saying we wouldn't try very hard to convince you out of your Tory-supporting ways. But it will be on the basis of us trying to convince you of the worth of our ideas, not by us adapting to yours. That's how healthy politics works

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
As ever, you judge other by your own (lack of) standards.

There may well be those who would only vote Tory, whilst there are those who would only vote Labour. There are plenty of folk who will approach each election with an open mind and put their 'X' in the box that they believe represents the best hope for any/all of themselves, their family and the country.

The next election is truly their for the taking for Labour, but many believe they will blow their big chance with Corbyn at the helm.

Agree and as a Labour voter all my voting life, Corbyn will never be PM, I just don't get they have not learnt any lessons from Ed Miliband days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hey - look I'm not saying we wouldn't try very hard to convince you out of your Tory-supporting ways. But it will be on the basis of us trying to convince you of the worth of our ideas, not by us adapting to yours. That's how healthy politics works

White flag concession accepted.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Agree and as a Labour voter all my voting life, Corbyn will never be PM, I just don't get they have not learnt any lessons from Ed Miliband days.

Why didn't Angela Eagle and her gang put in a challenge to Ed 'Bacon Butty' Miliband when it was obvious he was never going to win an election ? Like everyone we showed loyalty to him as the democratically elected leader so why can't they do the same now ?

Personally the sooner they all leave the Labour Party the better, I'd take losing the next election and so we cleanse the party of the right wing Tory infiltrators

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not a Tory. I have views that are in line with Corbyn's, but I have to agree that he is not credible. His supporters are desperate to paint this as a left / right argument so that they can label anyone who opposes them as Blairites. It is not a left / right argument. It is a competence argument. Corbyn is not very good at the job of leader of the opposition. He is awful at the job of leader of the Labour Party. The split has been presented as his MPs not being sure that he wanted to campaign to remain in the EU. I suspect that they are more scared that he actually was doing his best and that is the best they can hope for all the time he is in charge.

Spot on. I'm of the left, but not the unreconstructed left that [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] favours. Corbyn's had his chance, and revealed himself to be utterly incompetent. Unfortunately he's also revealed himself to be utterly stubborn too. I can see the Labour members, affiliates and supporters returning Corbyn; Labour splitting and the Corbyn-led Labour Party gaining less than 50 seats at the next election, and there being no positive centre-left realignment. The future's grim. The future's isolationist Tory.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why didn't Angela Eagle and her gang put in a challenge to Ed 'Bacon Butty' Miliband when it was obvious he was never going to win an election ? Like everyone we showed loyalty to him as the democratically elected leader so why can't they do the same now ?

Personally the sooner they all leave the Labour Party the better, I'd take losing the next election and so we cleanse the party of the right wing Tory infiltrators

champagne.jpg

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

The left and right need to unite, labour will never survive if they split, Both Miliband and Corbyn are/were unelectable. and I am not even sure Angela Eagle is the answer.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I can see a a new four/five party system with the traditional Conservatives , a split Labour consisting of a left faction under Corbyn and a more moderate new Labour or whatever they invent themselves as and then a small lib party and perhaps UKIP . Cannot see this lasting long with UKIP folding having seen their Euro quest fulfilled and a stronger traditonal Labour party taking the center left . and the Libs being the libs as always .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I guess the argument is that if it's won by a "blairite" or a Labour right-winger, it's not really a victory for "proper" Labour anyway, is it?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I can see a a new four/five party system with the traditional Conservatives , a split Labour consisting of a left faction under Corbyn and a more moderate new Labour or whatever they invent themselves as and then a small lib party and perhaps UKIP . Cannot see this lasting long with UKIP folding having seen their Euro quest fulfilled and a stronger traditonal Labour party taking the center left . and the Libs being the libs as always .

Having watched Arron Banks on Marr I expect we'll see a new version of UKIP fairly soon. It may also help to explain Farage quitting and Nuttall decided against running. Banks has also lost his runner in the Tory leadership too now.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Tony Blair destroyed his own party for the sake of 12 years of power.
They've never recovered, and don't look like doing so for years yet.

Think your find it went tits up when Blair stepped down for Gordon Brown to take over.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Let the Labour Tories join up with May, UKIP and Leadsom's mob can merge, Lib Dems & Greens join up too and of course Labour led by Corbyn as the natural party of Government and once PR is brought in then votes will count everywhere just like the referendum ones

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here