[Football] WC: Belgium v Panama

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What, it's a legit word?
No, no it isn't.

Oxford Dictionaries said:
As past participles of get, got and gotten both date back to Middle English. The form gotten is not used in British English but is very common in North American English, though even there it is often regarded as non-standard.

In North American English, got and gotten are not identical in use. Gotten usually implies the [punctive act /] process of obtaining something, as in he had gotten us tickets for the show, while got implies the state [durative] of possession or ownership, as in I haven’t got any money.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gotten

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nice built of build up there with the BBC showing a video of England fans singing Vardys on fire in Russia.... the problem is it is from Euro 2016 in St Etienne :dunce:

That's been doing the rounds on facebook - thought it looked familiar. Nowhere near that many England fans in Russia presumably?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Not often I get set upon by the spelling and grammar nazis, well done, good job :clap2:

Well you can add in the punctuation police for a full house.

Should be a capital for Nazis and a full stop after it. Full stop or exclamation mark needed after job. :dunce: :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For the love of christ Lawro is so anal

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Panama more than holding the Belgium superstars in the first 35 mins. Panamanian fans loving it, Belgium playing is pants

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Half-watching this Belgium game. I think what we can take from this (and most of the other games), is that if England are still labouring after an hour or so at 0-0 against seemingly mediocre opposition, we certainly won't have been alone in that. Anyone expecting us to rack up a straightforward win may well be disappointed - but it won't stop the professional grizzlers coming out in force if we haven't smashed the granny out of Tunisia.

Even the more limited lesser teams can be disciplined, well organised, and make things very difficult for the so-called big boys in this tournament. Usually that bit of extra quality eventually tells, but we may have to be patient.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Half-watching this Belgium game. I think what we can take from this (and most of the other games), is that if England are still labouring after an hour or so at 0-0 against seemingly mediocre opposition, we certainly won't have been alone in that. Anyone expecting us to rack up a straightforward win may well be disappointed - but it won't stop the professional grizzlers coming out in force if we haven't smashed the granny out of Tunisia.

Even the more limited lesser teams can be disciplined, well organised, and make things very difficult for the so-called big boys in this tournament. Usually that bit of extra quality eventually tells, but we may have to be patient.

In fairness, Belgium have controlled the game and carved out three or four presentable chances and nearly one or two others. I fully expect Panama to tire and Belgium to bag a couple of late goals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wow, fantastic goal

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here