Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
**** yes!!!

Old Trafford goes bonkers, England win on Pens, David Harewood the hero first keeper to save apenalty in a shoot out for England since Seaman at WC98!!

:clap:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Quite. For the celebs, sure this is great fun........and costs them nothing, and is great PR for them (‘doing it for charidee’). Joe Public chucks in a fortune to allow them to indulge.

Couldn’t agree more.

Any “celebrity” who appears in this is in a no lose situatipn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
100% of your donation will go to support the vital work of Unicef and the UK Government will match every pound you donate, up to £5 million.

Surely the tax payers money? :facepalm:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
100% of your donation will go to support the vital work of Unicef and the UK Government will match every pound you donate, up to £5 million.

It is. I am sure the Government will simply take it from the International Development budget, meaning that it was money they may have been planning to pass to Unicef anyway.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Nope.....just a bit irritated at millionaires asking me for a tenner to watch them indulge themselves in doing something they have probably always wanted to do........I'll get over it but thanks for the concern.

I don’t think you will.......[emoji23]

The alternative is that you put yourself forward, my guess is that you won’t be as effective in raising large sums of money, and of course I mean this in the nicest possible way[emoji106]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Tyldesley kept missing out the £5m bit every time he read it out, even though it was on the screen. With the total going over £5m, hopefully he can be arrested for fraud or something so we don't have to listen to him on ITV games

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I'm just about ok with a few on my pence going to help starving children.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nope.....just a bit irritated at millionaires asking me for a tenner to watch them indulge themselves in doing something they have probably always wanted to do........I'll get over it but thanks for the concern.

I know what you're saying and where you're coming from, but isn't a bit of this the fact that – rightly or wrongly – having these 'famous faces' involved means more people know about it, watch it and ultimately donate? I'm sure the celebs do stick their hands in their pockets and at least they are doing SOMETHING in the name of charity (leaving aside any ulterior motives some might have), as opposed to the many thousands of millionaires and billionaires who just sit on their cash and don't bother lifting a finger to help.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know what you're saying and where you're coming from, but isn't a bit of this the fact that – rightly or wrongly – having these 'famous faces' involved means more people know about it, watch it and ultimately donate? I'm sure the celebs do stick their hands in their pockets and at least they are doing SOMETHING in the name of charity (leaving aside any ulterior motives some might have), as opposed to the many thousands of millionaires and billionaires who just sit on their cash and don't bother lifting a finger to help.

So what is the excuse for Jonathan Wilkes playing then? He's not remotely famous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here