Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I’d dare to say it’s not just because of that set of traffic lights...it’s a far from convinced from me

Yep, that's the long and short of it. Way too much traffic already.

I've objected. The A27 is terrible as it is and replacing traffic lights with a roundabout will make no difference.
The football club that you support has spent thousands on employing experts in transport planning to ensure that the development will not have a significant adverse impact on traffic. Objecting can only waste the club's and local council tax payers' money. Unless you are a transport expert and can prove that the development contravenes planning policy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The football club that you support has spent thousands on employing experts in transport planning to ensure that the development will not have a significant adverse impact on traffic. Objecting can only waste the club's and local council tax payers' money. Unless you are a transport expert and can prove that the development contravenes planning policy.

One of them is a Derby fan living in Wales. No idea what it has to do with him.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've supported it. Not many have, need BHA fans on there. Not that I did it for that but for jobs, housing etc.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Do you live in area? Do you spent upwards of an hour a day stuck in traffic on the A27?

The club will do just fine without this development.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck at carrying a flatpack wardrobe home.

So everyone who goes to IKEA buys a flatpack wardrobe ?

Another one deluded

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly. It will mean more traffic. If a roundabout was the answer to reduce congestion, they would have put one in ages ago.

The Albion should be about community football. Not lining pockets.

OK so TB just shells out to infinity ?

He is well justified on gaining some returns or have you got the odd £140m ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So everyone who goes to IKEA buys a flatpack wardrobe ?

Another one deluded

Jesus, I'm gonna have to agree with The Hut.

When I'd had to venture over the border into the one in Croydon, the TRAM is packed with people returning to the safety of South London with SVEN light-bulbs and BJORN potato peelers.

It's what those huge blue IKEA carrier bags are for.

You know - the ones the end up taking your washing in and out with.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus, I'm gonna have to agree with The Hut.

When I'd had to venture over the border into the one in Croydon, the TRAM is packed with people returning to the safety of South London with SVEN light-bulbs and BJORN potato peelers.

It's what those huge blue IKEA carrier bags are for.

You know - the ones the end up taking your washing in and out with.

Wolfie Smith of the Tooting Popular Front just do one

Everyone knows those IKEA bags are for weeds to take to the local tip

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do you live in area? Do you spent upwards of an hour a day stuck in traffic on the A27?

The club will do just fine without this development.

I live in the area and I'm on the A27 every day, I don't think it will make matters any better or worse.

The benefits to the future of the club however are enormous and you are ignorant not to see it, if you look into how we can offset certain costs without the need for TB to stick another 10M per season you can find sustainability at a high level. He won't be around forever.

Frankly anybody who calls themself an albion fan objecting to this should be ashamed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

One of them is definitely not an albion fan and I have my doubts about one of the others.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I live in the area and I'm on the A27 every day, I don't think it will make matters any better or worse.

The benefits to the future of the club however are enormous and you are ignorant not to see it, if you look into how we can offset certain costs without the need for TB to stick another 10M per season you can find sustainability at a high level. He won't be around forever.

Frankly anybody who calls themself an albion fan objecting to this should be ashamed.

I haven't been following this closely. What are the enormous benefits to the future of the club?

Martin Perry said at the time this was proposed:

Clearly there is a profit. It’s not spectacular, but we will make a developer’s profit.

If somebody says to me we’re just doing it to make money, the fact is Tony Bloom has put more than £200 million into this football club so if we can repay some of that, or reduce that burden, as well as all these other benefits, then I don’t feel guilty about that.

No statement on what the profit would be (perhaps elsewhere), but it doesn't sound like something that benefits the club enormously, but rather helps pay off some of the debts owed to TB. Now we are in the PL, the club is profitable (obviously no guarantees we will stay there) - and so TB will not continue to put money into the club.

Surely people shouldn't blindly support something they would normally disagree with just because it benefits the club?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I haven't been following this closely. What are the enormous benefits to the future of the club?

Martin Perry said at the time this was proposed:

No statement on what the proposed profit would be (perhaps elsewhere), but it doesn't sound like something that benefits the club enormously, but rather helps pay off some of the debts owed to TB. Now we are in the PL, the club is profitable (obviously no guarantees we will stay there) - and so TB will not continue to put money into the club.

Surely people shouldn't blindly support something they would normally disagree with just because it benefits the club?

Exactly. The impact of works on the A27 and after completion are just not worth the hassle to all those that have to queue on A27 every rush hour. Right now you often queue back to Holmbush. This will only make it worse for god knows how long.

Now if Worthing and Lancing had a proper bypass, that would be different. But I for one am not willing to lose another hour a day just to line someones pockets, regardless of the fact he is the chairman of the club I support.

If Tony Bloom is so desperate to be repaid, then take it out of the tens of millions we have made through promotion.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Exactly. The impact of works on the A27 and after completion are just not worth the hassle to all those that have to queue on A27 every rush hour. Right now you often queue back to Holmbush. This will only make it worse for god knows how long.

Now if Worthing and Lancing had a proper bypass, that would be different. But I for one am not willing to lose another hour a day just to line someones pockets, regardless of the fact he is the chairman of the club I support.

If Tony Bloom is so desperate to be repaid, then take it out of the tens of millions we have made through promotion.

Given how obsessed Brighton fans are these days about staying in the Premier League, I'd hazard a guess that your suggestion to cancel this development and instead repay TB using funds that could otherwise be used to strengthen the team will go down like a lead balloon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here