Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another warning from Paul Barber

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree. We didn't pre-order, as:

1) With kids you don't know what sizes you'll actually need.
2) We like to go along to the Amex and let the kids choose and try on their shirts and buy there and then.

There wasn't an opportunity for us to do that between kit launch and our holiday and, whilst I accept that is entirely of our choosing, I certainly wouldn't have expected to have to wait from late August until October (or whenever more will arrive) to next have an opportunity to buy.

As these kits only last for one season, there will undoubtedly be some who decide not to bother by the time there is stock available, as well as those who buy knock-offs.

Quite.

I don't usually buy a replica shirt as I generally prefer the retro / polo route, but I was up for buying this years as I liked the look of it, and well, its our first (hopefully not last) Premier League jobbie. I'd never have pre-ordered one though, as I have no idea what Nike size what would fit me (being as they are usually a bit "smaller"), and like you, I like to check it out instore first. So I hung back to have a look at one in the club shop. I admit I couldn't be arsed to get involved in the initial stampede on the day of the Man City game, but figured I could get one during the week, or maybe a couple of weeks later, or certainly by the end of August.

To now find out we could be looking at the back end of October before another batch arrives is ridiculous. I dunno if I'll be bothered by then,and I certainly won't be getting involved in a bunfight to snap one up, I'm not THAT fussed.

Bit of a shambles isn't it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I understand that Turkey has no intellectual property controls meaning that copies and fakes can be produced at a high quality without fear of prosecution (you might be stopped entering UK if you tried to bring in a lot).

does the barce shirt still fit?

it actually does remarkably

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
For once, totally agree with Barber. I'm just surprised he took so long to get on with it. I was posting on here weeks ago urging fans not to buy the rip-off pikey merchandise being sold outside the ground and at Brighton station.

But there is an increased risk that folk will buy scam merchandise if the club can't get its stock control right and can't therefore meet the demand of the fans.

#PLR #Really?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you like being spoken to like a child then yes he communicates well. I can't quite make out what you are saying, agree with everything the club does or your a fair weathered fan?
The problem [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] is alluding to (endemic today in almost everything) is too many people judge in black and white terms, when there's plenty of grey. And I don't think Barber's latest address is patronising or parental either. Fair enough if you've read it that way and or just don't like the guy. Many including me haven't interpreted it that way in fairness, which is perhaps representative of the vast majority of fans too?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite.

I don't usually buy a replica shirt as I generally prefer the retro / polo route, but I was up for buying this years as I liked the look of it, and well, its our first (hopefully not last) Premier League jobbie. I'd never have pre-ordered one though, as I have no idea what Nike size what would fit me (being as they are usually a bit "smaller"), and like you, I like to check it out instore first. So I hung back to have a look at one in the club shop. I admit I couldn't be arsed to get involved in the initial stampede on the day of the Man City game, but figured I could get one during the week, or maybe a couple of weeks later, or certainly by the end of August.

To now find out we could be looking at the back end of October before another batch arrives is ridiculous. I dunno if I'll be bothered by then,and I certainly won't be getting involved in a bunfight to snap one up, I'm not THAT fussed.

Bit of a shambles isn't it.
I'd only agree it's a shambles if the number of shirts they could buy was unlimited; and if not, only if they ridiculously underestimated or the the margin is so big they really could have made a much bolder risk eg these shirts really are a fiver to procure and sold for fifty quid I.e. You can 'afford' to waste 9 providing sold one.

But we don't know so we? Very easy to judge from outside but knowing a bit about supply chains, it's never simple. And they constantly break ultimately because they're run by humans.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cheers Paul

There hasn't been any shirts available in the store doesn't help.

On top of that. You didn't get a striker. So why attack.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd only agree it's a shambles if the number of shirts they could buy was limited; and if not, only if they ridiculously underestimated or the the margin is so big they really could have made a much bolder risk eg these shirts really are a fiver to procure and sold for fifty quid I.e. You can 'afford' to waste 9 providing sold one.

But we don't know so we? Very easy to judge from outside but knowing a bit about supply chains, it's never simple. And they constantly break ultimately because they're run by humans.

Why would the number of shirts we could order / buy be limited ? They're not from some little home-spun corner shop in Barnstaple. This is Nike !

I'd have more sympathy if we hadn't gone through this entire process 3 times before already, albeit the first time the Amex had 10,000 fewer seats. Yes we're a PL club now, but we (either us, or Nike, or both) seem to have been caught WOEFULLY unaware of the demand for shirts. We do not have a "unique" supporter-base. Both the BHA and Nike, who lets remember produce shirts for hundreds of clubs all over the world, should have some clue about the demand for these things based on the size of a clubs support.

We know the season starts the first week in August. Seriously, how hard can it be to have the home shirts in stock before bonfire night ??

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why would the number of shirts we could order / buy be limited ? They're not from some little home-spun corner shop in Barnstaple. This is Nike !

I'd have more sympathy if we hadn't gone through this entire process 3 times before already, albeit the first time the Amex had 10,000 fewer seats. Yes we're a PL club now, but we (either us, or Nike, or both) seem to have been caught WOEFULLY unaware of the demand for shirts. We do not have a "unique" supporter-base. Both the BHA and Nike, who lets remember produce shirts for hundreds of clubs all over the world, should have some clue about the demand for these things based on the size of a clubs support.

We know the season starts the first week in August. Seriously, how hard can it be to have a home shirt in stock before bonfire night ??

I don't know specifically - it always seems simple enough from the outside. Just never is when on the inside. Multitude of reasons however right down to key personnel taking holiday or sickness and IT platforms breaking so files aren't sent. Loads of reasons across loads of businesses. All seemingly avoidable...if the world was perfect. But it isn't and we probably got screwed over by a bigger fish somewhere (though no one will admit or even let it be known, but someone somewhere in the supply chain will. Done it myself to look after a more valuable client)

Personally I blame Bob. He's usually the root cause.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm moving to Toronto on 4th October so won't get the chance to buy one before I go. I'm going to buy either the training top or warm up top and save myself £20!.

Yeah, if you order it from Toronto you have to pay international delivery and more than $20 in customs fees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here